Oscars 2013

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Never heard of anything like that..I can't find anything about that online either..

SSLFan

Reaction score
I agree with Oscarfan. Leo so DESERVED to be nominated this year. I don't think I've ever been this upset over an Oscar nomination. Ever. Chris Waltz was good, but didn't hold a candle to Leo's performance, IMO. Heck, Samuel Jackson should've even been considered if that's the case.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I mean, the guy smashed his hand during filming. And they used that take! Throw the dog a bone

Drtooth

Reaction score
Burton does not need to win. He doesn't need any more unneeded recognition. I'm pulling for ParaNorman
I felt Frankenwenie was fun, I enjoyed it and I really liked the look and craft of it, but Paranorman blows everything else away on every angle (even though I have a bias for Wreck it Ralph and like it just a hair better). I wouldn't say an unrecognized small company would be completely overlooked, but I really think Pixar shouldn't get the award this year. I liked Brave and all, but I hardly think it deserves to share the noms with the three Stop Motion films.

Now that's what I don't hear a conversation on. Out of all the animated movies this year, not only did we have three stop motion films, but they're all nominated. And the only 2 CGI films are Disney. The sad thing is, they all underperformed for being in strange months of the year. But if its about recognition, at least people are talking about Frankenwenie and Paranorman. Pirates Adventures with Scientists doesn't even come up in conversation. All three films looks just as good as the CGI competition. I'm just hoping one of the stop motion films gets it.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Well, it's Oscar night! Just wanted to start the conversation here!
I'm crossing my fingers for Frankenweenie and Argo.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Because it's Pixar! I knew that was going to happen! They probably gave it just beacuase they like Pixar! Every other nominated movie was better than that! :grr:

Wait, how'd Life of Pi win to The Hobbit in visual effects? I don't believe it!The Hobbit had amazing effects! It was the first movie to be shot in eye popping 48 fps!

They for sure paid them to pick them.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Because it's Pixar! I knew that was going to happen! They probably gave it just beacuase they like Pixar! Every other nominated movie was better than that! :grr:

Wait, how'd Life of Pi win to The Hobbit in visual effects? I don't believe it!The Hobbit had amazing effects! It was the first movie to be shot in eye popping 48 fps!

They for sure paid them to pick them.
I'm really starting to dislike Pixar... I never thought I would even say that.

Life of Pi was so much better than The Hobbit effects-wise, I'll be quite honest. [And as a movie it was much better too but that's naother war for another time]

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I started disliking Pixar a while ago. Although, I am excited for M.U.

I haven't seen Life of Pi yet, but I still can't believe that anything lost to The Hobbit. I thought the new technology would definetley pull in an Oscar. Especially part of the fact that the Lord of the Rings series got many awards, including effects, and even best picture! (What de hey?)

DrTooth and heralde were right! These things really are fixed.