Out of ALL the thing Nickelodeon can make a movie out of, they're making THAT?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Ok so what do you think Nickelodeon's next big movie project is? Perhaps another Spongebob movie? Nope. Perhaps they're doing a live action based movie on one of their "Nicktoons" like All Grown Up or Rocketpower? You would be wrong. Maybe one of their "tween" shows has become popular enough that Nick figure it's time to hit the big screen with "ICarly" or "True Jackson," though I wouldn't want to see that and thankfully I don't (yet) as that's not what they're doing either.

They're making...they're making...here I'll let you take a look for yourself.

I'm stunned to say the least. :insatiable:, perhaps the world really is coming to an end in 2012, :smile:.

Oh and if you understood any I put some words in ALL caps, congrads you get 200 cool points.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
So is that an existing franchise or what....?
Sorry minor muppetz, I can't award any cool points to you, :wink:, just kidding pal.

But to answer your question...yes...it does exist, though calling a "franchise" seems a bit stong. See it was a series of skits on Nick's skit show "All That." The newly retired Amada Bynes got her start on that show. Repairman was originally played by Kel Mitchell whom went on to star in the show "Kenan and Kel" alongside Kenan Thompson.

Here's one that stars a VERY young Amanda Bynes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsFYAVtUawM

That's what makes this such a surpise. All that has been cancelled for a number of years now and this series of skits has already been done long before that.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i wonder if kel will return...other wise im not watching

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I always loved the All That sketch, but come on. All That has been canceled, brought back, and then canceled again for several years now. It's not like they're making a movie based on a show that's at the height of its popularity. As much as it pains me to say this, it would make more sense to make an iCarly movie (as stupidly and insultingly unfunny as that show is).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ok so what do you think Nickelodeon's next big movie project is? Perhaps another Spongebob movie? Nope. Perhaps they're doing a live action based movie on one of their "Nicktoons" like All Grown Up or Rocketpower? You would be wrong. Maybe one of their "tween" shows has become popular enough that Nick figure it's time to hit the big screen with "ICarly" or "True Jackson," though I wouldn't want to see that and thankfully I don't (yet) as that's not what they're doing either.
Hmm... I'm sorry... but an old sketch from an old sketch comedy show that the entire cast has grown up and is now 30 or something sounds a LOT better than a Rocket Power or All Growed Up Movie. Mainly because those 2 cartoons were inadvisable pieces of junk. Rocket Power was basically a show that came off of the annoying "extreme" fad and every kid was watching extreme skateboarding and snowboarding while gorging themselves on extreme nachos and extreme corn syrup drinks. All Grown up had its moments, but it basically made an uninteresting series off of an interesting "What if" special.

This is a VERy odd choice.... but not that odd, if you think about it. There's a trend in making Super Hero movies, and they're really starting to scrape the bottom of the obscurity barrel. Who hear has even heard of Jonah Hex that isn't a huge comics nerd? It is indeed a parody of these types of movies... and if they decide to make it an animated feature(they should... the cast is almost or over 30 in cases) they could very well make it a series... like Jimmy Neutron or Barnyard.

Now what really confuses me is that Nick was planning a movie much MORE well known gang of comic heroes they recently purchased. I REALLY hope that it doesn't suck.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Repairmanmanman is now starting to sound familiar in my brain, though I think if they are going to make a movie based on an All That sketch, it should have been something more well-known, like Earboy or Ishboo (is that the right selling?), or those two old men played by Keenan and Kel (or a Good Burger sequel... Or maybe not...).

SSLFan

Reaction score
Seriously, if Kel signs on to this thing, it's a go. If not, well, then hope they can pick someone just as funny as the original "REPAIRMAN-MAN-MAN! ! !"...:confused:...Excuse me.:big_grin: Yes, it's an odd choice for a film, but I'd take it over an iCarly film anyday. Not saying I have anything against iCarly, but I'm more of an old school Nick fan.:wink:

Anywho, can't wait for more info to come out in the near future.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Hmm... I'm sorry... but an old sketch from an old sketch comedy show that the entire cast has grown up and is now 30 or something sounds a LOT better than a Rocket Power or All Growed Up Movie. Mainly because those 2 cartoons were inadvisable pieces of junk. Rocket Power was basically a show that came off of the annoying "extreme" fad and every kid was watching extreme skateboarding and snowboarding while gorging themselves on extreme nachos and extreme corn syrup drinks. All Grown up had its moments, but it basically made an uninteresting series off of an interesting "What if" special.
Just so we're clear here...I didn't say that I would like them to do a live action "All Grown Up" or "Rocket Power" or that it would be a good idea. I was just making examples as to what maybe people were thinking, :wink:. I actually would take Repairman..man..man anyday over a live action verison of those shows and I'm not a fan of those shows either.
This is a VERy odd choice.... but not that odd, if you think about it. There's a trend in making Super Hero movies, and they're really starting to scrape the bottom of the obscurity barrel. Who hear has even heard of Jonah Hex that isn't a huge comics nerd? It is indeed a parody of these types of movies... and if they decide to make it an animated feature(they should... the cast is almost or over 30 in cases) they could very well make it a series... like Jimmy Neutron or Barnyard.
I was thinking that as well. Making it an animated feature does indeed sound like a much better idea.
Now what really confuses me is that Nick was planning a movie much MORE well known gang of comic heroes they recently purchased. I REALLY hope that it doesn't suck.
I'm sure their still planning on that movie, but they probably want to introduce the TV series first, than do the movie, which is probably the best idea overall. Plus yes I too hope it doesn't suck. But only time will tell.

Still at least when it comes to that we're getting a ACTUAL retail DVD release of Turtles Forever, which is a pretty good start. Man I wish I could say the same for Angry Beavers instead of doing that "create on demand" junk.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Angry-Beavers-Best-of-Season-1/14015