Out of ALL the thing Nickelodeon can make a movie out of, they're making THAT?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just so we're clear here...I didn't say that I would like them to do a live action "All Grown Up" or "Rocket Power" or that it would be a good idea. I was just making examples as to what maybe people were thinking, :wink:. I actually would take Repairman..man..man anyday over a live action verison of those shows and I'm not a fan of those shows either.
Ah yes. Okay then.

But those shows are 2 Nick needs to bury in the backyard under the dog house and then call an exorcist to make sure their evil spirts don't rise up. Awful... especially Rocket power... the only Nicktoon I actually hate completely.

Ginger was alright, though.

I'm sure their still planning on that movie, but they probably want to introduce the TV series first, than do the movie, which is probably the best idea overall. Plus yes I too hope it doesn't suck. But only time will tell.
I heard the initial initial plans were that they were going to make the movie first and base the cartoon series off of it, again, Jimmy Neutron style. I can see why that would work better.

Now, I'm not 100% up on their plans and if they changed, but there was a rumor that it would be a CGI series similar to the first one. Which bugs me. It's like going all that way and making another 60's styled Batman series. I just want something different. Plus there is NO WAY I'm going back to white, obsequious, Back To The Future-esque Baxter Stockman that turns into a fly. I'm sorry... but Baxter was the high point of the 2k3 series. Insane in the Membrane? One of the best TV cartoon episodes I've ever seen period.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I heard the initial initial plans were that they were going to make the movie first and base the cartoon series off of it, again, Jimmy Neutron style. I can see why that would work better.

Now, I'm not 100% up on their plans and if they changed, but there was a rumor that it would be a CGI series similar to the first one. Which bugs me. It's like going all that way and making another 60's styled Batman series. I just want something different. Plus there is NO WAY I'm going back to white, obsequious, Back To The Future-esque Baxter Stockman that turns into a fly. I'm sorry... but Baxter was the high point of the 2k3 series. Insane in the Membrane? One of the best TV cartoon episodes I've ever seen period.
Yeah I totally agree with that, it would be like, as you said, if after all this Batman TAS, and Batman the Dark Knight, than all of a sudden it's the 60s style Batman again. I'm not 100% sure what Nick's plans are with TMNT either, but it would be a shame if they totally make the turtles look more "silly" again. Don't get me WRONG, I LOVE the original cartoon series and have a good DVD collection of it, but we wouldn't need a remake of that anytime soon.

Oh well, like I said, at least the VERY first thing their doing is giving Turtles Forever a DVD release, I'm thankful for that much as I can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah I totally agree with that, it would be like, as you said, if after all this Batman TAS, and Batman the Dark Knight, than all of a sudden it's the 60s style Batman again. I'm not 100% sure what Nick's plans are with TMNT either, but it would be a shame if they totally make the turtles look more "silly" again. Don't get me WRONG, I LOVE the original cartoon series and have a good DVD collection of it, but we wouldn't need a remake of that anytime soon.
The thing is, I don't mind the idea of a wacky 1980's style TMNT series... the thing that bugs me is that there's like a 90% chance it will come across as a complete retread of the old series, only without the writing, and a lot of the stuff that made the first series memorable.

Comic book characters are open to interpretation. TMNT is no exception... they had so many contributing artists each with their own view. Be it satirical, outright cartoony, or completely serious and darker than the regular ones. A good new TMNT series would combine the favorite elements of the first one with the new one, pay tribute to the comic book, and not take itself too seriously, but not dumb itself down to kiddy widdy time (like Back to the Sewers and half of Fast Forward did).

And if Casey Jones is no where to be found, I'm not bothering. The only thing I hate about the old series is that Casey was such a minor character.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Keenan and Kel are definitely ALL THAT:wink:
This sounds like a pretty cool movie- I love the old school Nick- though I do enjoy some of the newer Nick shows, including iCarly.:cool:

rexcrk

Reaction score
If Kel's in, then I'd probably go see it.

Otherwise I'm gonna pass.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That said... if he actually IS in this movie, it'll be the first work he's gotten in years. Kenan's at least on SNL where he's completely and utterly underused (Kristin Wiig SUCKS, and I dare anyone to tell me different). But the last time I saw Kel on TV (barring his voice work on Clifford, since that show hasn't been in production since John Ritter's passing- he WAS Clifford after all) was some dance off competition that lasted one season on syndicated TV. Anyone know if he actually did anything since then?

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
He is, apparently, attached to appear in two different movies at this point in time and also voiced an ant on "Pink Panther and Pals".

However, I don't get why they would make a movie out of an obscure All That sketch, that sometimes didn't work, even at sketch length, after nearly twelve years (or so).

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Anyone know if he actually did anything since then?
Well I remember seeing him talk about toys on that VH1 show "I Love Toys." Where they were "counting down the 100 greatest toys of all time." Other than that I know he's done some voice work, the one that comes to mind right off the bat is he did some voice work for "Freaknik the musical" which was on Adult Swim. I think he's also a producer of some sorts, other than that I don't know.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
On a seperate side note, all things considered:

I would kill to get the early season of All That released on DVD.

(Not a person, though (Maybe a fly (I'm good at killing flies :smile:D)))).