Oz Casting News

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think I read somewhere the Gonzo, Rowlf, The Swedish Chef and Animal are hte most remembered of the Muppets. Cool, huh.

In teh screenplay me, Scoot and some others wrote of teh Muppets, Rowlf had enough speaking lines to be another 'main' cahracter without using having too much to say. Scooter hardly has any lines, but he is practically the fourth mainest character in the whole thing. Why can't the 'proper' script writers do taht? Huh?

Bea:zany:{Just wondering}regard

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i think i heard somewhere that pepe is just easier to write for since he can say just about anything as opposed to rowlf, scooter, dr. teeth, etc.

that maybe be just one of the reasons the writers keep on giving pepe a lot of stuff to do.

ryan

Beauregard

Reaction score
Maybe. I have been writing some Muppet stuff (mainly for fun) recently, and I find Kermit, and Fozzie hardest to do, then Dr Teeth and Rowlf. Other than that they are fine. But Pepe is relatifly easy, just stick on an ok, ok?

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
This is just my opinion, but from what I've seen pepe seems to be the Elmo of the Classic Muppets. He's taken a little more limelight than a shrimp, er... king prawn should have, and kicked other characters out of theirs. Why isn't Rizzo being considered for the role of Todo? Is Rizzo even in this movie?

Pepe does have his hilarious moments and I'm glad he's not a background character; but at the same time I'd rather not see him in ring number one. Just like Elmo, personally I can only take so much of Pepe.

Oh, and you have permission to shoot me if I ever turn on my TV and hear the words :sing: La la la la, La la la la, Pepe's World... :sing: (but only with a water pistol).

Super Scooter

Reaction score
The main reason for Rizzo not being considered to play Toto is obvious: Steve has his hands full with Kermit.

So, we have:
Steve Whitmire as Kermit the Frog as the Scarecrow
Frank Oz/Eric Jacobson as Fozzie Bear as the Cowardly Lion
Dave Goelz as Gonzo as the Tin Woodsman
Bill Barretta as Pepe as Toto

Besides, Pepe, Toto... they're both names that simply repeat themselves.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
scarylarrywolf said:
This is just my opinion, but from what I've seen pepe seems to be the Elmo of the Classic Muppets. He's taken a little more limelight than a shrimp, er... king prawn should have, and kicked other characters out of theirs. Why isn't Rizzo being considered for the role of Todo? Is Rizzo even in this movie?

Pepe does have his hilarious moments and I'm glad he's not a background character; but at the same time I'd rather not see him in ring number one. Just like Elmo, personally I can only take so much of Pepe.

Oh, and you have permission to shoot me if I ever turn on my TV and hear the words :sing: La la la la, La la la la, Pepe's World... :sing: (but only with a water pistol).
Thees ees Pepe's plans, ok! First we taken over thees televisions world, ok, then wees take over the real wolrd! Hehehehe! And I donono mean thees MTV crap, ok.
- :rolleyes:

WiGgY

Reaction score
If Eric can do Piggy and Fozzie, why can't Steve do Rizzo and Kermit?

I suppose they wanted to give Bill a main part in this, but why not Rowlf as Toto then? I mean, he's a freakin' dog!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
The main reason for Rizzo not being considered to play Toto is obvious: Steve has his hands full with Kermit.

So, we have:
Steve Whitmire as Kermit the Frog as the Scarecrow
Frank Oz/Eric Jacobson as Fozzie Bear as the Cowardly Lion
Dave Goelz as Gonzo as the Tin Woodsman
Bill Barretta as Pepe as Toto

Besides, Pepe, Toto... they're both names that simply repeat themselves.
Pepe, pepe so good they named him twice!

dmx10101

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
If Eric can do Piggy and Fozzie, why can't Steve do Rizzo and Kermit?

I suppose they wanted to give Bill a main part in this, but why not Rowlf as Toto then? I mean, he's a freakin' dog!
Rowlf's too big to be toto, how do you put rowlf in that little basket dorthy carries. Pepe or Rizzo are only ones small enough.

King Prawn

Reaction score
As much as I love :sympathy: and as much as i'd want to see him have bigger roles in all the new movies I don't think he'd make a good Toto.

Before reaching Oz I suspect it's going to be quite boring without the Muppets and Pepe will be one of the only Muppets in the real world and I don't think Rowlf alone has that ability to make us laugh and entertain us as Pepe would.

So yes I do want to see Rowlf have a big part in this movie but not as Toto, I think Pepe is the ideal character to play that part but I do want some Rowlf in this movie.