Oz Casting News

Drtooth

Reaction score
I am liking Pepe as Toto more and more.

I was thinking it would be Rizzo (Rowlf of course is semi-retired so he can't talk in movies for no apparent reason)....

I hate this idea still, and since they are going with it, I'm a little two sided about it...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Not even the best artists could draw something THAT messed up! :zany:
LOL.

If Ozzy makes an apearence I think i'll Barf

Luke

Reaction score
I like Ozzy, that MTV stuff is scripted and planned, just like most of reality TV. Most celebrities i've met who have been publicised as drunken loons off their heads have actually turned out to be nice quiet well spoken civilised people. If they were themselves on TV people would get bored and turn off - granted he's had his wild days but he's been living in posh places amongst posh people and loads of money for 20 odd years. You're not telling me some of that hasn't rubbed off on the family - he'd make a great cameo for the Muppets, well known and 'current' celebrity, has character, ties in with the whole 'Oz' thing and a fanbase that would see the movie because of him. He can't be any worse than Hulk Hogan or the cast of Scrubs - look how painful Whoopi Goldberg was. She was just awful, boring, didn't even have a single scene interacting with the Muppets or bring anything to the character. She just took the money, came in and read the lines that had been written for her and went home - she isn't even that well known internationally nowdays. IMO she was everything the writers shouldn't pick in a guest star - it's a Muppet movie, they need people who don't mind mucking in and having fun with the puppets or at least look like they are.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I thought she was good(ish) but that could be becasue I was expecting worse.

Hulk Hogen, well, don't get me started on him....

But, I'm sorry to say that there is only one Muppet song I have ever deleated from my computer and that was Ozzy and Piggy singing Born To Be Wild, and remeber it takes a LOT to get me to deleat MP3s from my computor. So, I'd rather he isn't in it, but that's just my opinion.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Oh! I think the singing is HORRIBLE in that "Born To Be Wild" but it's very funn-ee to me! He starts screaming and Piggy says, "Ozzie, chill! Ozzie, quit spitting! Ozzie, get off the floor!"

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah the singing in "Born To Be Wild" was pretty awful. I don't think i'd want Piggy or Ozzy to sing in the Oz movie. Frank sounds more like Grover when he's singing anyway, it's too gruff and masculine. I guess thats part of the joke with Piggy though but after a line or two it gets annoying to me.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm listening to it right now, and Ozzie is good. I would have been okay had Piggy just not sung so off-key in this song. I don't think Frank was really into doing this project, it seems. Her singing is REALLY bad!

Reaction score
I just can't picture Pepe as Toto. Why not introduce a new Muppet? One that might actually be a dog? Shrimp as Dog... Bizzare! But that IS what the Muppets are all about- bizzareness. Oh, well. I just know that the Company will make the right desision for the movie.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I'm listening to it right now, and Ozzie is good. I would have been okay had Piggy just not sung so off-key in this song. I don't think Frank was really into doing this project, it seems. Her singing is REALLY bad!
not just bad?

but on the subject of that (here comes a muffin) is it just me, or does anyone else think Eric does a splendid job with piggy singing?

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Well I don't konw about Rowlf as toto but I don't know about Pepe as toto either? But They do want to put Pepe somewhere in which he will be a main character and always present most of the time not just a cameo. It would be nice if the movie starts off with Piggy "thinking she's going to play dorthy" while she holds Foo Foo, just for a Foo Foo cameo. But we have know idea on how the stories going to run.

Miss Piggy as the witch: "I'll get you! and your little prawn too!!!"

That DOES sound like a FUNNY quote from the movie that would have to be a must! :smile: