1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Palisades Series 7 Official Line-up

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Phillip, Sep 10, 2003.

?

What do you think of Palisades Series 7?

Poll closed Nov 9, 2003.
  1. It's awesome! I will get them all.

40 vote(s)
    54.8%
  2. It's great. I will buy most of series 7, but not all.

18 vote(s)
    24.7%
  3. It's good, but I won't get more than 2 figures.

7 vote(s)
    9.6%
  4. It's ok, I will only buy 1 figure from series 7.

7 vote(s)
    9.6%
  5. I don't like it and won't buy any of them.

1 vote(s)
    1.4%

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

I think that now the series has all started and people know about them, that just about any wave should be doing fine, because it's hard to find the figures when they're first released because they sell out so quickly. Of course, there's the few that are still hanging around from a few prior waves (like badly sculpted regular Piggy) and some from S.4 are still at Suncoast now...but in the beginning the pegs were staying empty.

Good thing I'm a geek who gets there first!

FOZ
  2. rexcrk

rexcrk Active Member

I chose the second option. I might get all of 'em, but I'm not sure. I'm definitley getting Kermit as Captain Smollet w/ Polly Lobster (I love MTI!) and I'll most likely get Johnny and Robin as Frog Scout, and probably Beauregard too :)
  3. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

It's interesting to see who's a peg warmer and who isn't

both Piggy figures were pegwarmers, kermit stuck around a little longer then the Dr's as well did the lab, but Piggy was the big pig pegwarmer and some are still warming those same pegs this very second!LOL!

series two, Crazy Harry, he stuck around the longest, but he finaily sold. i also think Dardevil Gonzo stuck around long two or might still be around, I don't think EB games will every have another Muppet EX figure again, seeing a lot of stores don't carry the figs anymore, the main way to buy them is on-line.

Series 3...LEW ZEALAND! sheesh there are like four or five of them still on pegs at my local Media Play, they have one Scooter and a Blue Vacation Fozzie.

Series 4, well they all sold out at first but Media play has a stock of Sam's Links and Strange Porks now! Rizzo was the big seller, with time Link and Stange pork might still be around when the PIS set come out, maybe they will sell then? and MTI Sam might be waiting for MTI Kermit! sheesh!

Ofcoure it could be diffrent in other peoples town's which figs are warming your local action figure stores pegs?
  4. Fozzie Bear

My experience is that the Muppets Figures are moving faster than other figures are, including anything Star Wars or Star Trek. Based on what I see at the Suncoast store here, even Clerks figures or--really anything--stays around longer than Muppets do.

There's no more of S.1-3 anywhere that I can find, except maybe at Toys R Us with a few Piggys and Bunsens (no Kermits or Labsets to match them with). Wait, Suncoast has a few of S.3 there, but I don't think any toyline really sells completely out when seconds have been ordered by the stores--right? It takes a while for a series to totally disappear.
  5. Luke

Luke Active Member

It really depends on where you live and where you are going to buy the figures - some smaller stores just order one case while another might order five. Say if they got four cases of series one, and were left with a lot behind then they might have just got two cases of series two and that might be why you noticed them moving faster - or you might just have a lot more people into action figures and pop culture in your city so maybe they are really popular and selling out like hot cakes. They are certainly produced in smaller quantities than say Star Wars but then the amount of Star Wars fans compared to Muppets should just about balance it out really.

Another factor is what you said earlier about "I think that now the series has all started and people know about them" - the thing is that outside websites like these and toy collector magazines people don't really know about them at all. 75% of the people buying the figures are the hardcore fans and toy collectors but the marketing to casual fans and normal shop browsers hasn't even been 25% of what they do to attract people like us. Someone outside of the fanbase buying a figure at Target or Suncoast is dependant on them seeing the figures in store and being attracted enough to buy rather than them knowing in advance the figures are there and going to buy them. Palisades need in store launches, mainstream advertising, TV appearances etc etc but they can't afford them and to be honest it's not worth it anyway without a big Muppet TV show on air because it would only have a limited impact. It's great the figures make it into mainstream stores but y'know - more awareness = greater sales = greater order quantities = greater profits for Palisades = line expanding = license getting renewed = more Muppet stuff for us in the future.
  6. Fozzie Bear

You're right. I keep telling everyone about them, and have actually got some folks turned on to buying them. Since they started, I'm using a word of mouth campaign to get them sold because of the equation you listed above.

Word of mouth works very well, though seeing it in print would be better. Dunno how the tv commercials would go, though we did a thread about that a long time ago and were making up scripts of Muppets playing with themselves or each other...as action figures I mean and...nevermind...
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

You have to disregard series 1 in terms of the shelf warmer ratio because there were twice as many Kermits and Piggys than anyone else. You could end up saying that Kermit was the highest seller in the end because there were so darn many of them in all. Plus, you had the EB Piggy to top it off. There was Piggy overload. I'm sure evenly packed Piggy would have lingered longer than the rest, but there are many factors that figure into her being the warmer. It's not just popularity.

In my local stores, Gonzo sold like crazy. Regular Floyd lingered a bit longer than the rest. Lew lingered in 3 and I haven't looked out for 4. Got them online. Stores have made me impatient. They know less about their product and shipment dates than we do. LOL!

One thing that I am very surprised about is Janice. The Janice repaint has been available at EB online longer than any other repaint. It might just be the girl factor, but I didn't think that would matter with Janice. Maybe they've really stocked up. I just found it shocking. She's a fantastic figure and I favor the repaint even more than the regular. :flirt:
  8. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

It is a myth that girl figures sell well. Perpetuated by a tradition of feminine figure short-packing. At least that has been my experience.
  9. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

Plus with the line being so new and all nobody knew about them (series 1) I guess Pig figures don't sell either, maybe if Piggy was place with the girl toys she'd sell better? just kidding! She belongs with the rest!

Gosh but there is still a whole un-touched set of Lew Zealand' at Media Play.
  10. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I didn't think Janice should really be in that girl category because she's such a beloved band member. Maybe that's just my Muppet fan glasses, but she has such a coolness. That repaint is excellent too. :flirt:
  11. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah i thought Janice might be the exception to the rest, being the band member and a secondary character that people have usually found quite cool and groovy. I can understand people not wanting unthemed girl pigs and regular female action figures in general (non-girly) type lines.

In the UK from what i remember, Series 1 there were loads of Kermits and Piggy's left (obviously) and a few Dr Teeths. So little seemed to actually arrive in store of Series 2 that just about everyone aside from Crazy Harry flew out the door fast and i've never really seen them in the stores near me since. Infact the comic store closed down and the mainstream retailer stopped stocking them in that store. I guess the more central collector specific stores and sites do well though like Forbidden Planet but they and that UK distributor put quite a mark up on stuff so i'm sure that affects the amount of sales in a big way.
  12. gaffercat

gaffercat New Member

only peg warmers i have seen in Chicago have been piggy, but someone must have bought her cause shes been gone for 6 months, and vacation fozzie. the suncoast by me is full of him, they cant keep any other muppet figures there long so i think its a good sign really only 2 peg warmers out of all the figures
  13. Telly

Telly Active Member

I'm guessing the Kermit as Captain Smollet is the one that's dress up, much like Sam the Eagle as Samuel Arrow. That'd be kinda cool if it was the Captain at the end of the movie where he's got just the open white shirt with the tattoo of Benjamina on his chest. I'm anxious to see the accessories everyone will come with.!
  14. camax

camax New Member

I will HAVE to have a Johnny Fiamma, no doubt, but WHICH ONE?!?

I think the whole series 7 looks beautiful, and they always look better and more tempting when you see them on the racks, but Johnny is the only one I am dying to have.

I do seem to be getting caught up though. My choosy collection of three Muppet figures went from three up to nine and a playset just yesterday! Problem is - they all look SO GOOD displayed all together now, that I am in big trouble!!! More, more, more...

;)

~Cam
  15. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

If I had the money I would buy them all, but I have voted for I will by most of them, becaue I would, if I had the money....

Questian: Will these (all seven series) still be avalable in several years time new, or will I have to get them on E-bay then?
  16. Luke

Luke Active Member

It's remotely possible some smaller web retailers might have some leftovers still in like a year or so's time but not really several. These are one-shot production runs - you will need to get them on the secondary market like Ebay if you can't get them first time round.
  17. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Thanks Luke. Do you know where they can be bought in the UK, apart from on the web? I have never seen any of these in stores yet.
  18. Luke

Luke Active Member

There is a group of stores called 'Forbidden Planet International' who stock them (as well as some exclusives). They have a few places around the country - other than that the only places are small comic shops which you might find at a local shopping mall. The very large branches of HMV and Virgin Megastore both carry the figures (or did at one time) but it really varies from store to store.
  19. Gorgon Heap

Gorgon Heap Active Member

One small criticism- Robin didn't look quite right to me when I saw him. I think it's the eyes; they look bigger than on the puppet, and more excited. Robin has slightly flattish eyeballs. Also there's his mouth- the figure's mouth is kinda pointed; the puppet's mouth is sort of rounded on top.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
  20. Sloely

Sloely New Member

Hi, Im new to this forum, and look forward to joining the fun. You all seem like very cool folk.

So Johnny Fiama is far and away my most-favorite MT character, so I can't wait for him. And all three paints look so good in the photos and I know they'll look 10x more amazing in the store, i might just need them all, tho i usually try not to buy any variants. Im also glad to get Beau, (im compleatist about TMS), and Robin will also be happily purchased.

I think Palisades is smart to release some non-regular/non-nekkid versions beforehand. I doubt I woulda bought Tuxedo Rowlf if he had come out after nekkid Rowlf. And I will almost certainly now buy Frog Scout Robin by that same token. Plus the accessories sound great, (and were likewise amazing for TuxRowlf.)

Im really not interested in most of the many Movie versions of characters that are coming out, but Capt Smollet does look really great, and almost makes me want him and Sam Arrow. But not quite.

(So am I the only one that has a 150 Row x 9 Column, 2 sheet Excel Spreadsheet tracking all the Muppet Figures, including ones I hope are made?)