Palisades to produce Sesame Street Action Figures

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
Yay! Woo hoo!! Super Grover and Guy Smiley...I can't wait!!!

:excited:

*dances in the street*

T

timrikthegorf

Drtooth said:
Thanks, but the chances of me going to LA next year are the same as f4a giving us their series 3 line up right now. I'm just a little disappointed since I collect parody super hero action figures and Grover will be expensive even if I can get him. Maybe someone in the club will be nice enough to get one for me, and I'll pay them. The TMS ones I didn't mind since they were incidental characters that appeared in one episode. Whereas Super Grover is integral to the character. But I guess that's life. Maybe we can have a Charlie's Resteraunt Grover varient instead. Or maybe down the line a different sculpt Super Grover for the casual fans. But besides that tiny little cloud, I see nothin' but sunny days ahead, and I'm pleasantly surprised by Palisades ressurecting the SS line. :excited:
Super Grover is a tour figure. That means he'll be widely available. You ciould probably pick one up on ebay cheap.

tmb1975

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, I nearly fell over reading this! They have to make blue man and waiter Grover. You know, "I want a bawk! bawk! sandwich..."

*Happy dance* :crazy:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi TMB1975, glad you found about the news and are ecstatic about like much of the rest of us. However, I should point out that you're referencing two different characters in your post above. See, they were both "Fat Blue" Anything Muppets or AM's. But they were two different characters.
The one who was mainly in those sketches with Grover, who most refer to as Fat Blue, is actually named Mr. Johnson. He has brown hair and mustache and beardlike sideburns.
The one who opened his mouth and instantly produced sounds of whatever it was he wanted to say was named Simon the Sounds Man. He can be distinguished from Mr. Johnson cause Simon has black hair and mustache and beardlike sideburns.
Hope this helps and have a good weekend.

tmb1975

Reaction score
Ah, thank you, Count. I had forgotten that was Simon the Sound Man. I loved Fat Blue as well, but the Simon and Grover skits always were one of my favorites. Can you tell it's been ages since I've watched a show or even read my "Sesame Street Unpaved" book? :wink:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Along with TMS figures (because I plan to mix them all together), I'm gonna' need a bigger storage area.

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
Your tellin' me, I dont even have enough room for my muppet figures now, I got the backsatge playset a few weeks back and it wont fit on my shelf! I have to plonk it on my desk