Palisades to produce Sesame Street Action Figures

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
I just hope we do not get tux sesame street muppets. I like most of the tux muppets, but tux sesame would be too much.
For most of the SS characters, this would be true. But how about a Steppin' Out Guy Smiley? I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
I'm Kinda skeptical about the wired arms. If you bend em too much, i mean... wire can snap you know. But, witht eh plastic around it. It should fall off. It is a better idea then platic arms getting loose.

I also have a complaint about his thighs. They're too thick. Look at any PVC, or stuffed animal, if not any illustrations in SS books... his legs and arms should be skinny like his arms. Here i'm thinking, "well, maybe they couldn't ballence him rite?" But, then i remembered. Kermits lgs are the same way. Kermit can stand up, so they shouldn't have a problem making his legs correct.

All in all... i'm going to try my hardest to collect every figure. Maybe not varients. I'll get the originals (example, there was Fozzie :embarrassed: , then Tux Fozzie, Invisible Fozzie, and vacation Fozzie [maybe that varient had another name]) Very looking forward to this series and hoping that Super Grover won't be too expensive.

I do have a question tho. What does "tour" mean when they say that the Super Grover will be a tour figure? Will it be rare? Only sold at the toy conventions... Ebay is looking like a good place to search, also, Toy Vault would be a good place to look.

I'm going to leave you with this thought. When they make Oscar. Do you think that his neck will be curved because ov Carrol Spinney's right arm? If they wanted to go all the way into the detailed effect, i think they might do so

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thought I'd help with an answer for you.

Tour Figure simply means that this will be the signature figure for all of 2005. What it rully means...
They've made a mass number of this figure at the factory so that an amount can be distributed at every convention Palisades Toys attends in the calendar year of 2005. That way, there are two convention exclusives, the Tour figure and the specific convention's specific exclusive.
For example... Wizard World Los Angeles 2005 will offer Super Grover and Cabin Boy Gonzo/Rizzo 2-pack, whereas Wizard World Philadelphia 2005 will offer Super Grover and Frog Scout Leader Kermit with a choice of two differently-painted Frog Scouts.
So, Super Grover is the figure they'll have at all the conventions in addition to whatever else is specially offered at the particular convention.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
The Count... do you (or anyone else) know an estimate price for the figure? Seeing how i live in RI, theres no chance of me getting tot he conventions, i'll have to look on ebay. And i want to beable to look out for outragouse prices.

Since you may not know the exact price... maybe you've seen a price for a Muppet tour figure?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No, I don't know the exact SRP of these figures and neither does Ken. However, here are some suggestions based on past examples.
Both Tour Animal and Adventure Kermit sold for $15.00, so I'd guess Super Grover might go between $15-$20 plus the S&H costs.
If you see these items on eBay, look out for over-inflated prices, me thinks you could make a good judgment call on your own.
As for the conventions, if you live in RI you could make it to WW Philadelphia, but then again it's possible you might not.
There's a way you can avoid the S&H costs on the Super Grover figure once it's made available though but I'm not sure if you'd be willing to pay up for the possibility. Oh no, I'm sorry, got confused myself for a moment.

Lemme explain.
If you can't make it to the conventions, there's another way to get the figures you want to buy. Sign-up for the Palisades Toys' Collector's Club. The initial fee is $50, and if you wait till mid-December you can get one of four different modular introductory kits. Two of these kits will feature Modern Gonzo and GITD Koozbane Kermit. Once you're a member of the club, you can purchase the tour and convention figures from the comfort of your own home.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Hmmm.. I was woundering if they hd a club like that. I know that Moore Action Collectibles did. I was going to ask if there was a way through Palisades. I just may actually do that. Are there more then one Tour figure or convention figures per year? Cuz gitting to the store and buying the other figures shouldn't be a problem... so the only reason for joing would be to git the special figures. Is that $50 a year? Or To join for life?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh, looks like we've got another convert to the Palisades Collector's Club.

OK Coookie Moonster, I'll clue you in.
And please forgive me if I spelled your ID wrong.

1 You have to pay $50 to get the initial kit only once. After you make that payment, you're a club member for life.
2 There's more than just one tour/convention figure per year. However, the most convenient way to get them is through the club.
3 There are much more perks to becoming a member than just getting the exclusive convention figures.
a. After logging into the club subsite, for which I recommend you use the same user ID and password you used to register at the Palisades forums which I noticed a while back, you can access a number of different articles.
Amongst these articles is Ken's own Made In China where we get sneak peaks at the scultps and concepts of upcoming figures/products before the rest of the general public.
b. Once you're a member of the club, you can participate in club only contests like Travis's Trivia or the occassional raffles held for the party or Industry Exclusives which aren't made available to the general public.
c. Another perk is that there are some items you can buy with free S&H. It works like this. If an item is sold through Palisades Direct, it's simultaneously sold through the club. And if you buy that specific item through the club as a club member then you get free S&H.
For example, the Mini Muppets Wave 3 figurines are sold through PD at $8.00 plus S&H. But club members can buy these little beauties without any S&H costs.
I'd suggest contacting Tony Equi directly and asking him more about the club, since he's the guy in charge or finding the online links to join the club.
Hope this helps and have a good weekend.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
This is great news!!

I can't wait to see pictures of the Ernie,Oscar,Two-Headed Monster and Guy Smiley figures. :smile:

When are the SS figures coming out?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ken said that they're projected for the sales cycle of Summer 2005.

Jonathan

Reaction score
Ken over at Palisades has just said this about Oscer:

Oscar will be sculpted permanently as a part of the can. The arms will be removable and then he will retract into the can so that the lid can then be inserted on top. A left and right leg will be created that attach to the bototm of the can to give the illusion of how he appears when he moves around inside the can.

That's the final decision. It had already been discussed and debated between myself and SSW and the best course of action all the way around is to make the attachment permanent. Otherwise you have an extremely thin, extremely off model Oscar overall.

If you did make him on model, you would find that he will NOT in any way fit into the can without then making the can so grotesquely out of scale as to look borderline ridiculous when inserted into it.

Believe me when I tell you that a lot of thought was put into the decision and this really is the best way to go from a pure design, overall look and feel and engineering perspective.