1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Palisades to produce Sesame Street Action Figures

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by The Count, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Gonzo the Grape New Member

I want Oscar to come with magnetic feet that can be attached to the bottom of his can and let the can be able to close all the way. That would be AWESOME.
  2. KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Wasn't sure how I felt about this, but I am definitely starting to get really excited!

I like your idea about Oscar, but have his feet ever been shown? Would be cool if the can could close!
  3. His legs and feet we shown coming out of the bottom of his can but never with the rest of his body showing.
  4. AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

I said this in another thread, but I'm so unbelievably excited about this! Hooray hooray!
  5. I just came up with an idea for Oscar. The trash can could have a bottomtrap dorr so that the legs on the figure can pop put of the can and the lid could close on top! That would be the easiest way to do it.
  6. Telly Active Member

I'm excited about this line! My big dilema is....Do I put them on the same shelf as my Muppet Show figures or do I put them on a seperate shelf? :confused: :o I anxious to see what accories they come with!!!! CAN"T WAIT!!!!
  7. Well if you get the collector versions you may want to give them a separate space. You'll be able to build segments of Sesame Street that should eventually combine to form the whole street. Of course Kermit can go anywhere he wants.
  8. Telly Active Member

As cool as it would be to have the street...I don't have the room! That makes me kinda sad. :sympathy:
    I hope SuperGrover has a ball joint neck! I so want to hang him from the ceiling to make it look like he's flying!
  9. beaker Well-Known Member

Why isnt this covered as a MC front page news thing? Good to see Palisades and Kubrick bringing Muppets and Sesame together again.
  10. The Count Moderator

Don't have any answers as to why this hallmark landbreaking news isn't on MC's front page. Als I can say is that I sent Phillip a PM with the news/highlights.
    At least the news is out there and we can look forward to expanding our collections.

BTW: In the Daily Bit for 12/8/2004, Travis said that Super Grover would have an articulated neck and shoulders. The confusing thing is that he said SG would also have bendie wires in the arms, not sure if they should go that route though.
  11. Docnzhoss Active Member

For most of the SS characters, this would be true. But how about a Steppin' Out Guy Smiley? I get goosebumps just thinking about it.
  12. CoOKiE Member

I'm Kinda skeptical about the wired arms. If you bend em too much, i mean... wire can snap you know. But, witht eh plastic around it. It should fall off. It is a better idea then platic arms getting loose.

I also have a complaint about his thighs. They're too thick. Look at any PVC, or stuffed animal, if not any illustrations in SS books... his legs and arms should be skinny like his arms. Here i'm thinking, "well, maybe they couldn't ballence him rite?" But, then i remembered. Kermits lgs are the same way. Kermit can stand up, so they shouldn't have a problem making his legs correct.

All in all... i'm going to try my hardest to collect every figure. Maybe not varients. I'll get the originals (example, there was Fozzie :o , then Tux Fozzie, Invisible Fozzie, and vacation Fozzie [maybe that varient had another name]) Very looking forward to this series and hoping that Super Grover won't be too expensive.

I do have a question tho. What does "tour" mean when they say that the Super Grover will be a tour figure? Will it be rare? Only sold at the toy conventions... Ebay is looking like a good place to search, also, Toy Vault would be a good place to look.

I'm going to leave you with this thought. When they make Oscar. Do you think that his neck will be curved because ov Carrol Spinney's right arm? If they wanted to go all the way into the detailed effect, i think they might do so
  13. The Count Moderator

Thought I'd help with an answer for you.

Tour Figure simply means that this will be the signature figure for all of 2005. What it rully means...
    They've made a mass number of this figure at the factory so that an amount can be distributed at every convention Palisades Toys attends in the calendar year of 2005. That way, there are two convention exclusives, the Tour figure and the specific convention's specific exclusive.
    For example... Wizard World Los Angeles 2005 will offer Super Grover and Cabin Boy Gonzo/Rizzo 2-pack, whereas Wizard World Philadelphia 2005 will offer Super Grover and Frog Scout Leader Kermit with a choice of two differently-painted Frog Scouts.
    So, Super Grover is the figure they'll have at all the conventions in addition to whatever else is specially offered at the particular convention.
    Hope this helps and have a good day.
  14. CoOKiE Member

The Count... do you (or anyone else) know an estimate price for the figure? Seeing how i live in RI, theres no chance of me getting tot he conventions, i'll have to look on ebay. And i want to beable to look out for outragouse prices.

Since you may not know the exact price... maybe you've seen a price for a Muppet tour figure?
  15. The Count Moderator

No, I don't know the exact SRP of these figures and neither does Ken. However, here are some suggestions based on past examples.
    Both Tour Animal and Adventure Kermit sold for $15.00, so I'd guess Super Grover might go between $15-$20 plus the S&H costs.
    If you see these items on eBay, look out for over-inflated prices, me thinks you could make a good judgment call on your own.
    As for the conventions, if you live in RI you could make it to WW Philadelphia, but then again it's possible you might not.
    There's a way you can avoid the S&H costs on the Super Grover figure once it's made available though but I'm not sure if you'd be willing to pay up for the possibility. Oh no, I'm sorry, got confused myself for a moment.

Lemme explain.
    If you can't make it to the conventions, there's another way to get the figures you want to buy. Sign-up for the Palisades Toys' Collector's Club. The initial fee is $50, and if you wait till mid-December you can get one of four different modular introductory kits. Two of these kits will feature Modern Gonzo and GITD Koozbane Kermit. Once you're a member of the club, you can purchase the tour and convention figures from the comfort of your own home.
    Hope this helps and have a good day.
  16. CoOKiE Member

Hmmm.. I was woundering if they hd a club like that. I know that Moore Action Collectibles did. I was going to ask if there was a way through Palisades. I just may actually do that. Are there more then one Tour figure or convention figures per year? Cuz gitting to the store and buying the other figures shouldn't be a problem... so the only reason for joing would be to git the special figures. Is that $50 a year? Or To join for life?
  17. The Count Moderator

Heh, looks like we've got another convert to the Palisades Collector's Club.

OK Coookie Moonster, I'll clue you in.
    And please forgive me if I spelled your ID wrong.

1 You have to pay $50 to get the initial kit only once. After you make that payment, you're a club member for life.
    2 There's more than just one tour/convention figure per year. However, the most convenient way to get them is through the club.
    3 There are much more perks to becoming a member than just getting the exclusive convention figures.
    a. After logging into the club subsite, for which I recommend you use the same user ID and password you used to register at the Palisades forums which I noticed a while back, you can access a number of different articles.
    Amongst these articles is Ken's own Made In China where we get sneak peaks at the scultps and concepts of upcoming figures/products before the rest of the general public.
    b. Once you're a member of the club, you can participate in club only contests like Travis's Trivia or the occassional raffles held for the party or Industry Exclusives which aren't made available to the general public.
    c. Another perk is that there are some items you can buy with free S&H. It works like this. If an item is sold through Palisades Direct, it's simultaneously sold through the club. And if you buy that specific item through the club as a club member then you get free S&H.
    For example, the Mini Muppets Wave 3 figurines are sold through PD at $8.00 plus S&H. But club members can buy these little beauties without any S&H costs.
    I'd suggest contacting Tony Equi directly and asking him more about the club, since he's the guy in charge or finding the online links to join the club.
    Hope this helps and have a good weekend.
  18. muppet maniac Well-Known Member

This is great news!!

I can't wait to see pictures of the Ernie,Oscar,Two-Headed Monster and Guy Smiley figures. :)

When are the SS figures coming out?
  19. The Count Moderator

Ken said that they're projected for the sales cycle of Summer 2005.
  20. Jonathan New Member

Ken over at Palisades has just said this about Oscer: