Palisades to produce Sesame Street Action Figures

T

timrikthegorf

I do hope Bert and Ernie are in the same series. And I would like some letters and numbvers like the f4a plan was.

T

timrikthegorf

Apprently this is what it says n Toy Fare.

"The 1st wave of Seasame Street is Oscar, Ernie, Guy Smiley and the two headed monster. Due in Summer 2005. Super Grover will debut at Wizard World LA in March 2005."

I'm not really sure what to think about that. I suppose it follows the normal Palsiades trend from the muppets. 2 main players and a secondary and a fan fav. I suppose Palisades is planning this line as if it will go into many series where f4a made series 1 all main characters leaving little chance for longevity.

Obvously Oscar and Ernie should have no problem selling. The Two Headed Monster makes a daily appearance so he/they/it are still in the public eye which will make them an easier sell (especially since they are part of Ernie's segement and Ernie is in the same series). Guy Smiley hasn't been seen in years though. I worry about how he'll sell. It will be nice to make the transition from the Muppet line to the Sesame Street line. The muppets will still be coming out this summer and the Sesame figures will start to appear. It will be like a nice smooth crossing over, as if the Sesame figures have started to appear in the muppet line. Oh I can't wait! :stick_out_tongue: :grouchy: :frown:

T

timrikthegorf

Well this is some odd news supposedly from the article.

"The figures will come in mass market and collector versions. Mass Market will have interchangable parts (heads, hands, etc). Super Grover will be able to change from Super Grover to Grover in his reporter (Clark kent) disguise. Collector is the mass market figure plus a piece of Seasame Street. Putting the pieces together from the figs will create large playsets/scenes for the figs.

I subscribe to the magazine and got it in the mail today. "

Interchangeable heads? Interesting, but that ;limits articulation a bit I would think.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Only thing I can say is let's wait and see.
The other thing I found odd while thinking about it last night was... The S1 lineup from Palisades is half the S1 F4A lineup and half the proposed S2 F4A lineup.
Well, Palisades knows what they're doing and I say more power to them!
Yaey for SS action figures from Palisades Toys!

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
This is interesting. I'm not sure how I feel about the thought of Sesame Street action figures. I will probably buy some favorite obscure characters (Guy Smiley, Two Headed Monster, Forgetful Jones (if he's offered), Don Music (most likely won't be)) and most likely Oscar, Grover and Cookie Monster. I certainly won't strive to complete this collection as I have the Muppet line though.

T

timrikthegorf

The Count said:
Only thing I can say is let's wait and see.
The other thing I found odd while thinking about it last night was... The S1 lineup from Palisades is half the S1 F4A lineup and half the proposed S2 F4A lineup.
Well, Palisades knows what they're doing and I say more power to them!
Yaey for SS action figures from Palisades Toys!
I didn't notice that. Good memory!

I just saw a picture of the article with Super Grover and I ust say it's AMAZING, for a prototype at least. The proportions are dead on. The figure is a realistic muppet version instead of that cartoony junk from f4a and it is apprently a TOUR figure!!! Very cool. This is much more of an extrention to the muppet line than it is a new license.

The Grover figure head sculpt is TOTALLY ON! The one on the f4a figure was good, but this is many time better. The helmet is nice and realistic as well ans is the cape which appears to be fabric. He's tall like the puppet as well. It's amazing!!!!!!!! The g is the wrong color though. I'm sure that will be fixed. There is a closed mouth head for the alter ego look that looks good too. I'm highly impressed. It's just fantastic. And this is one of 5 figures we know about! Now I can't wait until Osar, Ernie, and the rest are shown! :stick_out_tongue: :grouchy:

Gonzo the Grape

Reaction score
Go check out the Muppets forum at Palisades.com, Bats1990 has posted a pic! It's AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Sloely

Reaction score
Now we can begin dreaming about the REALITY of this awesome line! Man, this is gonna be great. Anyway, my hottest ideas are for some of Bert and Ernie's accessories.

I think Bert should come with a pigeon, paperclips, and most importantly a removable (magnetic?) nose to put onto...

the clay, noseless Bert bust that comes with Ernie! How cool would that be! Also, Ernie should come with Rubber Duckie, (duh!), a drum kit, a red rubber ball, and a banana that can stick in his left ear.

I also love F4A's idea of including Letters and Numbers with the figures. It's seminal to the entire concept of the show. And also puts the pressure on Palisades to release at least 36 figures, (1 each for each letter and numeral.)

Also, Oscar should come with Slimey Worm, and the Two Headed Monster should come with a wall to stand behind and at least a couple different sets of two-part words to put together.

T

timrikthegorf

The magnetic nose is a good idea. That gag seems to have been dropped from the show. I liked it.

I just hope we do not get tux sesame street muppets. I like most of the tux muppets, but tux sesame would be too much.