1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Palisades to produce Sesame Street Action Figures

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by The Count, Dec 4, 2004.

1. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

I went to Barnes & Noble and Borders today and neither of those stores have the new issue..
  2. Foodie

Foodie Active Member

They better make BOB!!!!!!!!... and Maria... she's really kept herself together! :smirk:

Nick
  3. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Sorry to disappoint you Nick, but... Ken also said that the SS license will be run in much the same way as the Muppets, in that the license doesn't include making action figures of the human cast of characters. At least, Palisades isn't interested in pursuing that at this time.
    Hope this helps and have a good weekend.
  4. Wilkins

Wilkins New Member

Palisades Annouces "Sesame Street" Line For 2005

WOW!
    What great news! This line has the potential to be huge, both in the number of figures and the response from consumers. There's almost *forty years* of accumulated fans! Having the show still on the air doesn't hurt either. Finally, a collector-level of quality -- applied to some of my favorite characters -- without the Elmo over-focus that most current Sesame Street toy lines have.
    Chances are the product quality will be as high as the other toys Palisades have done, and they've accumulated a lot of sculpting experience on the Muppet Show(s) line that will definitely help. It sounds like their ambitious playset impulses won't be calming down here, either. Building Sesame Street with accumulated backdrops... COOL! The Anything Muppet customizing set sounds great, too, similar to what the show's workshop would do to create extra characters.
    Guy Smiley is one of my favorite Muppets, so that's great, too! I hope they make the stolen-watch-guy who peddles letter and numbers... :)
    Wilkins
  5. I wonder how the sesame street playset like environment is going to work. It's very interesting. I wonder if a series of playsets would be better though. I mean, how can they fit all the steps and the door of 123 Sesame? Not to mention the windows and stuff. I just hope the collector versions of the figures do well. I'd hate to get one section og the street without the other sections.
  6. Struble

Struble New Member

Looks like I'll be able to die happy...

Well, as long as I get a Telly figure.

They don't make Telly, I'm dragging them down with me.

Strub.
  7. Wilkins

Wilkins New Member

Sesame Playsets

8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Well... that hit me like a ton of bricks. I'd say good news, but this is much better than that. You know... I was kinda worried when F4A fell butt backwards the toy line would die... but leave it to Palisades to pick us up and blow us away with the news.

Personally, I think this toy line could do even better than TMS did, since I feel SS characters are more popular. I men, Dr. Teeth is a popular character muppetwise... but mention his name, and you'll get shruggs. But say Don Music, and people say... Oh I remember him... used to bang his head on the piano.

I cannot wait. I mean, the finalized F4A sculpts were pretty good at best.... I'd've bought them... but Palisades would blow them totally out of the water.

Ken... if you're listening, I have a request. Seeing as how "Superhero" variants are usually con exclusives or magazine exclusives, can you make an exception for Grover? Cuz personally, I would buy a Super Grover over plain old Grover any day!

Well... just read he will be... and I gotta say... I'm pretty disappointed he's an exclusive. THough It's outweighed by my enthusiasm they are making the line, to hold the toy for club members only is kinda a downer... Mayhaps a slightly different Super Grover down the line... ya know... fo us who aren't members and can't afford 20+ a figure
  9. The Count

Wondered where you were for these news Drtooth. Uh, what do you mean by Super Grover being a club only figure? Sure he'll be available to club members, but that's because he'll be the 2005 Tour figure. In other words, if you can get yourself to any one of the conventions this coming year starting with WWLA, you'd be able to get him easily.
    Oh yeah, if you want to know... Head on over to the Sesame Street section of the Palisades forum and look for a thread titled "The Bit: Super Grover" or something like that and read through the posts to find a side-by-side comparison in pictures of F4A's Super Grover and the phases PT's figure has/is going through.
    Hope this helps and have a good day.
  10. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Thanks, but the chances of me going to LA next year are the same as f4a giving us their series 3 line up right now. I'm just a little disappointed since I collect parody super hero action figures and Grover will be expensive even if I can get him. Maybe someone in the club will be nice enough to get one for me, and I'll pay them. The TMS ones I didn't mind since they were incidental characters that appeared in one episode. Whereas Super Grover is integral to the character. But I guess that's life. Maybe we can have a Charlie's Resteraunt Grover varient instead. Or maybe down the line a different sculpt Super Grover for the casual fans. But besides that tiny little cloud, I see nothin' but sunny days ahead, and I'm pleasantly surprised by Palisades ressurecting the SS line. :excited:
  11. guysmiley4ever

guysmiley4ever New Member

Yay! Woo hoo!! Super Grover and Guy Smiley...I can't wait!!!

:excited:

*dances in the street*
  12. Super Grover is a tour figure. That means he'll be widely available. You ciould probably pick one up on ebay cheap.
  13. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

I'm Feelin' The Grover In The Rain Coat
  14. tmb1975

tmb1975 New Member

Oh my gosh, I nearly fell over reading this! They have to make blue man and waiter Grover. You know, "I want a bawk! bawk! sandwich..."

*Happy dance* :crazy:
  15. The Count

Hi TMB1975, glad you found about the news and are ecstatic about like much of the rest of us. However, I should point out that you're referencing two different characters in your post above. See, they were both "Fat Blue" Anything Muppets or AM's. But they were two different characters.
    The one who was mainly in those sketches with Grover, who most refer to as Fat Blue, is actually named Mr. Johnson. He has brown hair and mustache and beardlike sideburns.
    The one who opened his mouth and instantly produced sounds of whatever it was he wanted to say was named Simon the Sounds Man. He can be distinguished from Mr. Johnson cause Simon has black hair and mustache and beardlike sideburns.
    Hope this helps and have a good weekend.
  16. tmb1975

tmb1975 New Member

Ah, thank you, Count. I had forgotten that was Simon the Sound Man. I loved Fat Blue as well, but the Simon and Grover skits always were one of my favorites. Can you tell it's been ages since I've watched a show or even read my "Sesame Street Unpaved" book? ;)
  17. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Along with TMS figures (because I plan to mix them all together), I'm gonna' need a bigger storage area.
  18. Uncle deadly

Uncle deadly New Member

Your tellin' me, I dont even have enough room for my muppet figures now, I got the backsatge playset a few weeks back and it wont fit on my shelf! I have to plonk it on my desk
  19. toybox

toybox New Member

sesame street toys

will be out this november
  20. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

you must not be payin to much attention to detail...
    the lines pretty much cancled as of right now...:cry: