Parents and divorce and ...

Vibs

Reaction score
So this is the first time I post my own thread. And it's a sad one.

Today my mum told me that my parents are getting a divorce, I did know that something was wrong but I had never actually thought they'd go this far. But now my mum is moving out and getting her own place and I'm officially a child of divorced parents, child from a broken home, a problem child, etc... And it feels so strange, I still don't get it. And I don't really know how to get on, and stuff. I know that many many maaany parents are having a divorce and the children survived but right now everything feels so overwhelming and a mess, and I've always been the girl who hardly ever had any problems, and now everything seems so impossible. I try to think about all the good things in life, but still it is hard.

I was just wondering... Anyone has some good advise or just know what this feels like?

That Announcer

Reaction score
That's really too bad, Vibs. I'm in the same boat as you are- my dad moved out in February. You'll be fine. You may find it hard for the first few days or so, but after that, it'll be fine- I know that firsthand! We're all here for you, so just remember to ask if you need any more advice. Oh- and I found that watching every Muppet movie (with the exception of TMTM, stay away from that one) helped me through it.

Your pal,

That Announcer :smile:

Ziffel

Reaction score
I'm so very sorry Vibs. I know exactly what it is like. My parents got a divorce when I was 16 also. It's an enormously tough thing to go through. Lean on God, He is grieving with you right now and loves and cares deeply about you. Pour out your heart to Him (Psalm 62:8) and draw close to your family and close friends. Talking about what you are feeling inside is a helpful thing. I wrote down to include you in my prayers, too. So sorry once again Vibs.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hello Vibs, my very good friend.

When you told me first...I wasn't quite able to believe it. I've never had been in this kind of situation before, and I cannot begin to imagine how you must be feeling right now. So, all I can say is, I'm gunna always be right here for you. And God is even closer than me. I am praying for you, sis, always, remember that.

Sometimes I can express mysef better in smilies...

:sympathy: - *rests head on Vibs shoulder* Hey there Vibs my friend. I miss my Jim, and I know what you're going through. I say, remember to smile.
:concern: - *pops up* You know what? For years I didn't even know who my family were, or who I was. They may not be together, but you still have them. And they still love you, Vibs.
:smirk: - Don't forget to smile.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<HUGE GIGANTIC HUG!>
I'm so sorry to hear that, Vibs. We're all here for you. I'm not much for advice, but I've always been good for leaning on. Here, have another hug. <HUG>

Vibs

Reaction score
Thank you guys so much! That made me cry... a lot.

And I'm still sniffing... *sniff sniff sniff*

It's just so strange. I still can't believe it. But I'm sure things gonna be a lot better now. If two people don't love each other they shouldn't stay together I know taht. But still it is hard of course.

But thank you again! You're helping so much despite you are a lot lot loooot of kilometres away.... Thank you!

Viq: Somebody change my naaaaaaappyyyy!

Vibs: *Frowns at Viq* You should have a "saying things in improper moments" medal you know?

MrsPepper

Reaction score
You are not a problem child, don't even think that about yourself! Your parents obviously love you very much, and they think that this is the best way for the family to be. Staying together might end up creating more problems, and I'm sure in the end they see that this divorce is the best situation, for everyone, including yourself, though it may not seem like it right now.

You get a huge gigantic **HUG** for being extremely brave. Everything will work out for the better, just hang tight and be brave. :smile:

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
Vibs
Try not to think of this as a very bad thing. When my parents divorced I tried to put myself in their shoes. I realized that they just weren't happy together, and if being apart will make them happy, then then sould be apart. I know it stinks to hear that, but if your parents are going to be happier, belive me, you will be happier too!
It sucks for it to happen, but in the long run they, and you, will all be better people for it!

That Announcer

Reaction score
Vibs:

It will be hard, yes. But I can personally guarantee you things will be better in the end. I'm calmer now than I have been in a year or so, and my school grades are better than ever. You'll get through it- it may be a struggle at first, but you'll emerge happier than ever before.

TA

Pino

Reaction score
My father died when I was 7 and I wish I had some memories about him... I guess it is different when they divorce, but the impact is very heavy on a kid. I got grownup real fast after that.