Part of Me - A Fraggle Story

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Yeah, another story from you! When I read the title of this thread, I actually squealed! Good thing no one heard me; I'd have a pretty hard time explaining it, LOL! *in style of Ed* Only one small knitpick though... It's sort of been decided that fraggles hatch from eggs. That's allright though. We can simply imagine otherwise for the purposes of this story.
Will there be any appearances from any other muppets, or from Doc perhaps? Either way, it is a great story, and I'm looking forward to reading more of it!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Where/when was that decided or agreed upon Kate?

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Awww gee, I feel like I'm being put on the spot now... But I know of what I spek, sort of. *smile*
Well, there was at least one lengthy debate on it a long time ago on Fragglerocker. Now this is where I get a little rusty. I know there, there was a definitive source mentioned. I forget whether it was from the show or one of the books, but I know it was one of those. Hope this helps. Sorry to be so vague, but it was a long time ago that I read it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... S'okay then. The only egg-hatched critters from FR I know of are The Lizard, and the Tree Bird Creatures... Though there could always be more like Poison Cacklers and other FR insects.
Hope for more story soon though.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yeah, I struggled with whether or not I should have them hatch from eggs, but for the story's purpose it seemed to work better this way. Anyway, I'll be writing some more today and then you'll have more story to read, hopefully by this afternoon!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Oh WOW!!! I LOVE THIS STORY!!!! sorry caps....but I meant it that way!!! I am really truly loving this story, Beth!!

And the reference too...oh wow! Thank you!!!! :big_grin:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Actually, I just looked it up this morning, (was too tired last night), and found that it was infact the intentions of the creators of the show to have them lay eggs, but they decided against using it. If you've a mind to, you can go to fragglerocker, and search for the topic Awkward Question for all the details.
Muffin! Count, when you mentioned the Lizard, did you mean the one in episode 90? If so, I'd say he didn't hatch, so much as evolve in much the same way butterflies do.
Sorry Beth! Looking forward to your half-promised update!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Chapter Two:

Mokey and Boober prepared a feast for their friends to celebrate not only the fact that they would be having a Fraglet soon, but also to celebrate the birth of little Artie.

Gobo noticed that Red was very quiet during dinner which was not like her.

“Gosh, look at him! He looks like a little Wembley!” exclaimed Mokey to Lou who was holding her baby. Artie did look quite a bit like his father, he had his trademark nose, but his fur was dark like his mother’s.

“I know, he’s just going to get teased about his nose, I just know it, it’s all my fault,” said Wembley.

“Quit wembling dear. He’s beautiful and we agreed on that,” said Lou.

“All I know is I hope that our Fraglet doesn’t get my thick bushy hair,” said Boober.

“Yeah Boober, do you even have eyes under all that hair?” teased Gobo.

While the conversation continued about Artie and the Fraglet on the way, Red got up and quietly began clearing the table. She had felt better last night after talking with Gobo, but suddenly she was finding that something inside her was beginning to ache.

Artie made some cute baby noises and clapped his hands together.

“Oh look at that! He’s so adorable!” squeaked Mokey.

“He sure is. Hey buddy, want to come see Uncle Gobo?” asked Gobo holding out his hands.

Red watched as Gobo took the baby in his arms and gave him a cuddle. He was so natural with him. Anger began to seethe inside of her. It wasn’t fair. Why weren’t they having a Fraglet of their own?

As if he was reading her mind, Wembley asked that very question.

“So Gobo when are you and Red going to have a Fraglet? I thought you guys would’ve been first!” said Wembley.

Red dropped the plate she was holding and it crashed to the ground. Everyone turned to look at her.

“What happened to saying it will happen in its own time? Geeze I can’t take this pressure? Do you think I don’t want a Fraglet? Huh? There’s nothing that I want more right now! So, just leave us alone!” exclaimed Red and ran out of the cave.

“I’ll go,” said Gobo standing up to hand Artie back to Lou.

“No, wait. Let me go,” said Mokey.

“Are you sure?” asked Gobo

“I think I’ll understand better,” said Mokey as she stood up and left the cave.

“I’m sorry Gobo; I didn’t mean to upset her! I was just kidding around!” said Wembley.

“It’s ok Wembley. She’s been real touchy about this subject lately,” said Gobo.

Outside the cave Mokey walked around the corner and found Red in her favorite spot, the Fraggle Pond. She was sitting on the edge with her feet dipped in the water.

“Hey,” said Mokey softly putting her hand on Red’s shoulder.

“I don’t want to talk about it,” said Red.

“Maybe we should,” said Mokey.

“It’s just, well; I’m not a patient Fraggle. Everyone knows that about me. So, if everyone knows that, why is it taking so long for me to have a Fraglet? I should’ve been first!” exclaimed Red.

“It’s just one of those laws of Fraggle life that are hard to understand. It just has to be this way Red. But, it is going to happen for you guys,” said Mokey.

“I know. I just feel like, this is something that Gobo really wants. He doesn’t talk about what happened to his parents so much, but I know that he still hurts from it and feels empty,” said Red.

“Well, he was pretty young when he lost them,” said Mokey.

“I know that a Fraglet would be something that would really fill a hole in his life. It would be part of him. It would be part of me,” said Red.

“I understand. Red, I know this will happen for you and when it does it will be so amazing and wonderful,” said Mokey.

“Thanks Mokey,” said Red standing up to give her friend a hug and noticed her stomach already beginning to protrude as the little Fraggle life grew inside of her.

“Wow,” said Red standing back a little bit.

“Yeah,” said Mokey and smiled. Together the two of them returned to Mokey and Boober’s cave.

“There you are! I was getting worried!” exclaimed Boober running over to Mokey and ushering her inside of the cave.

“Relax dear, we’re fine,” said Mokey.

“How about you?” asked Gobo to Red who was hanging back.

“I’m feeling better. I’m sorry for my outburst and for breaking the plate,” said Red.

“It’s no problem,” said Mokey before Boober could say anything negative about the plate.

“Wembley and Lou went home but they said they would see us at Artie’s official welcoming ceremony tomorrow,” said Gobo.

“Oh that’s right, I completely forgot!” said Red.

“I haven’t, I have so much cooking to do,” complained Boober.

“Then I guess we’ll leave and get out of your hair. Come on Gobo,” said Red.

“See you guys tomorrow!” said Gobo.

Mokey and Boober waved as Red and Gobo left.

“Hey, you seem better. Did you have a nice talk with Mokey?” asked Gobo.

“Yeah, I did. I’m still not happy about things, but I’m going to work harder at being patient,” said Red.

“Yeah right,” said Gobo.

“I will! If I can't be the first and best at having a Fraglet then I’ll be the best at being patient!” exclaimed Red.

“Now that’s my girl,” said Gobo and took her hand as they continued their walk toward home.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
oh...I love the way you set your stories up Beth. You give us this glimpse into the future of the story, then we go through the backstory to get to the place where the prologue happened.

It's just so beautiful!