Part of Me - A Fraggle Story

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Rully good stuff... Red's outburst, Mokey talking to her, the way Red and Gobo sort of made up...
Hope for more soon.

Kate, yes that's who I was refering to... Guess I just remember the egg that Mudwell sealed himself into to evolve into the Lizard shattering as the Lizard came out of the fragmented remains.
Oh well... Enough muffining... Time for some cookies.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Here's a shorty, but I must warn, things will get intense!

Chapter Three:

The welcoming ceremony was a tradition in Fraggle Rock where the parents of the new Fraggle would be honored and the child was officially considered part of Fraggle life. There was food and dancing and all the things that Fraggles loved.

The ceremony for Artie was no exception. Almost all of the Rock gathered to welcome the newest Fraglet.

As Gobo and Red prepared to join everyone else Gobo couldn’t help but smile at how relaxed his wife had become. Perhaps her outburst had been good for her. Maybe it was her chat with Mokey. Either way, Gobo couldn’t help but notice something had changed in her almost overnight. In fact, she was almost glowing.

They arrived at the Great Hall just in time for the ceremony to begin. Cantus stood up in front of everyone.

“Greetings my fellow Fraggles. We are gathered here for a most joyous occasion. We have a new Fraglet in our midst. The birth of a young Fraggle is one of the most rewarding things in Fraggle life. So, please join me in offering our congratulations to Wembley and Lou and their new son Artie!” said Cantus.

Applause broke out as Wembley stood and held up Artie high in the air so everyone could see him.

Gobo looked over to Red to see if she was getting depressed, but she was smiling and applauding with everyone else.

As the applause died down Lou stood up and joined Wembley.

“Thank you so much for coming everyone! We’re so glad you’re all here! Now let’s eat some food and have ourselves a party!” exclaimed Lou.

Cantus and the minstrels took their places and began to play music and everyone got up to dance.

While dancing with Red, Gobo decided to ask her what was causing her change of heart.

“I’m happy to see that you’re feeling better, but I’m just wondering if anything is causing this turnaround?” asked Gobo.

“I don’t know. I woke up today feeling better than I had in a long time. In fact, I feel a little different! I can’t even describe it!” exclaimed Red.

“Well, I’ll take it. I’m happy to see it,” said Gobo.

Later on Red found herself standing with Mokey and Lou away from the men and children.

“Thanks so much for coming you guys, I hope you’re having a good time,” said Lou.

“I really am! This has been so much fun!” said Red.

“You seem like you’re feeling better,” said Mokey.

“I really am. I can’t describe it though. I feel almost different today,” said Red.

“Different? You know, that’s how I felt when I found out about,” Lou started to say and then was interrupted by Mokey gasping.

“Mokey? Are you all right?” asked Red.

“No, something doesn’t feel right,” said Mokey as she grabbed her stomach.

“Is it the Fraglet? It’s too early!” exclaimed Lou.

“I don’t know,” said Mokey weakly as she grabbed on to Red’s arm.

“Lou, go find Boober and tell him we’re going to need to find the Caregiver,” said Red. The Caregiver Fraggle was a kind, older female Fraggle who tended to all the health needs in the Rock.

“I’ll be right back!” exclaimed Lou.

“Here Mokey, why don’t you sit down,” suggested Red.

Mokey didn’t say anything, she just did as Red suggested, but didn’t let go of her friend’s arm.

Lou came running back followed by Boober, Wembley, Gobo and the Caregiver.

“I knew you shouldn’t have gone to the Gorg’s Garden the other day!” exclaimed Boober.

“Boober, that’s not helping right now!” yelled Red.

The Caregiver bent down to look at Mokey.

“All right, we need to get her to my cave right now. Boober, you need to stop with the negative comments immediately. She needs you. Everyone stand back and give us some room,” snapped the Caregiver. She was a kind Fraggle, but also no nonsense when it came to medical emergencies.

Boober and Gobo helped Mokey up and then carried her quickly to the Caregiver’s cave with Red at their heels. Wembley and Lou called out well wishes and then turned back to Artie.

Once they arrived to the Caregiver’s cave Red and Gobo stepped out of the way. Red gave Mokey’s hand a squeeze before stepping away.

“It’s going to be fine Mokey! I’m sure nothing is wrong,” said Red. She wasn’t too sure though and she knew she saw something she rarely saw in her friend's eyes. Fear.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Sure hope Mokey'll be OK. The Caregiver Fraggle? Hmmm, thought Boober would be tending to the Fraggles' medical needs given his extensive knowledge of diseases and the such... But this Caregiver Fraggle seems interesting... Hope you develop it further in the next segment.

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
Oh no! What's going to happen to Mokey!?!?!? How do you all think up such great stories? Congrats (spelling?) on your 7000 post!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
The Count said:
Well... Sure hope Mokey'll be OK. The Caregiver Fraggle? Hmmm, thought Boober would be tending to the Fraggles' medical needs given his extensive knowledge of diseases and the such... But this Caregiver Fraggle seems interesting... Hope you develop it further in the next segment.
Agreed about Boober, but since he's the husband in this story...I decided to keep him as more the cook and cleaner of the rock who's a bit germaphobic and then made a new character. Hopefully it will work out the way I'm hoping for! More soon. :smile:

puppetise

Reaction score
ophhhhhhhhhhhh i on the edge of my seat cant wait 4 the next instalment

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Warning! You will need tissues for this chapter. Maybe a teddy bear. Don't say I didn't warn you. Please stick with me though, I promise that this will be the only sad chapter. Really, it will get more upbeat after this!

Chapter Four:

Night fell on Fraggle Rock and it was quiet and still as always. Quiet except for the screams coming from the Caregiver’s Cave. It was clear to all that Mokey was in a great deal of pain.

Red sat up with Gobo worried. Their cave was not far from the Caregiver’s.

“Maybe we should go over there. Maybe there is something we can do,” said Red.

“We need to leave them alone. The Caregiver is a very knowledgeable Fraggle. She’ll know what to do,” said Gobo.

“I know, but we could be there for Boober or something,” said Red.

“Boober will be fine. He knows almost as much as the Caregiver. In fact, he’ll probably become the new Caregiver when she decides she’s ready to retire. You know him and medical knowledge,” said Gobo.

“Yeah, I know. I just want to be there for my best friend,” said Red as she started pacing the room again.

“Look, you need to calm down. If I didn’t know better I’d say you’d been spending too much time with Wembley!” said Gobo attempting to make a joke to lighten the mood.

“Well excuse me for caring,” said Red angrily.

“I’m sorry, I know it’s a tense situation,” said Gobo as he came over and gave his wife a hug. All thoughts of having their own Fraglet and of Red’s feelings on the subject had completely left their minds. All they cared now was about their friends and the tiny life that was possibly making its way into the world.

Over in the Caregiver’s cave, the Caregiver asked Boober to step outside with her for a moment.

“You don’t have to tell me, I know this isn’t good,” said Boober.

“Unfortunately, there is nothing else I can do but let the Fraglet be born. If it is born, I don’t know what will happen to it, it will be a miracle if it survives,” said the Caregiver.

“What about some sort of medicine? I have a whole book about different cures and things,” said Boober.

“There are no guarantees, but anything we can do to give this little Fraglet a chance would be a good thing,” said the Caregiver.

“I’ll go look in my book right now!” said Boober anxiously. He may be informed of the ways of medicine, but he was uncomfortable seeing Mokey like this.

“No, wait and be with your wife. She needs you and it won’t be long now. Then while she rests you can go and see what you can find,” said the Caregiver.

“All right,” said Boober slowly and as Mokey cried out again they hurried back into the cave.

It ended up being a long night for the residents of Fraggle Rock as Mokey continued to cry out off and on throughout the night.

“It wasn’t like this with Lou,” whispered Red to Gobo in the morning as they began to wake up after a fitful night’s sleep.

“I know,” said Gobo quietly. The birth of Artie had been such a joyous occasion, it hadn’t taken long at all and even though Wembley was just too nervous to be with Lou while it happened, he proudly announced to everyone that he had a son.

Suddenly it was very quiet. Red sat up like a lightening bolt and got out of bed.

“I think it’s over,” she said.

“I wonder if you’re right,” said Gobo as he slowly sat up. The two of them quietly got ready for the day as if making noise would be harmful to the situation. Finally they made their way to the door to see if they could find out what was going on.

As they walked to the Caregiver’s cave they found other residents of Fraggle Rock doing the same thing, almost like they were walking on eggshells.

Gobo and Red saw Wembley walking towards them.

“Hey Wembley, where’s Lou?” asked Red as they met up.

“Artie didn’t get a lot of sleep last night so she’s back with him,” said Wembley quietly.

“Do you think that the Fraglet was born?” asked Red.

“I don’t know,” said Gobo.

Suddenly Boober emerged from the Caregiver’s cave and everyone turned to look at him.

“Boober,” said Red and started to walk toward him but Gobo held her back.

“Um, well, the Fraglet came early. It’s a girl. Her name is Sunny. Mokey’s fine, but um, Sunny’s not. She’s just too early, too little, she’s probably not going to make it,” said Boober choking on the last couple of words.

Gobo, Red and Wembley went to their friend and embraced him.

“Can we see her?” whispered Red.

“The Caregiver said one at a time. I’m going to go see if there’s anything in my books about this,” said Boober. Wembley and Gobo decided to go with him so Red went in to see Mokey.

Mokey was lying in bed singing to an extremely small creature wrapped in a blanket. This Fraglet looked nothing like Artie. This Fraglet was small and frail.

“Hey Mokey,” whispered Red. She hated to interrupt this moment.

“Hi. This is Sunny,” said Mokey softly. Red stepped closer to get a glimpse of this tiny little being. She saw a small pink Fraglet with just a tiny wisp of green hair.

“She looks like you,” said Red smiling.

“Yeah, she really does,” said Mokey.

“So, what happened? Why did she come so early?” asked Red.

“The Caregiver said we can’t explain these things. They just happen. All I know is I love her very much for however long she’s going to be with me,” said Mokey.

Red was amazed at how well Mokey was maintaining composure. Her friend was strong though and no matter what happened Red knew she would get through this. It saddened her to see though.

“Well, hopefully that will be a really long time,” said Red. She was hardly able to get out the words before she quickly excused herself and stepped out the door where she started to sob. It wasn’t fair that this happened to Mokey and Boober. She also felt guilty for being so jealous of them when she didn’t have her own Fraglet yet. She didn’t want for this to happen to them. Could it be her fault?

Gobo came around the corner and found her this way. He instantly knew what was wrong.

“Red, listen to me, this is not your fault. You did not wish this on them. I don’t even want you to blame yourself,” said Gobo.

“I know, it’s just not fair,” sobbed Red. All Gobo could do was hold her.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Two long days passed after Sunny’s birth and her condition did not improve. Boober tried finding something in his medical books, but he could not come up with anything. After consulting with the Caregiver it was agreed that they had to let nature take its course.

Mokey was really at peace with the whole thing and agreed whatever happened was meant to happen.

Sadly, it did. Sunny just wasn’t strong enough and passed away in her parents arms just two days after her birth. Mokey and Boober had a small funeral held for her with just their closest friends. Red still couldn’t believe how composed Mokey was throughout the whole ordeal. In fact, she already talked about possibly having another Fraglet. Boober wasn’t quite so sure.

Red and Gobo were there for their friends as much as they needed in the days following, but soon Red was distracted by something deep down inside of her. She recalled how she began to feel different at Artie’s welcoming ceremony that seemed like ages ago.

Suddenly she became aware that she now was carrying her own Fraglet. Now she had to struggle with when to tell everyone while she secretly became overjoyed, but also terrified after what had just happened with Sunny.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Oh no...it's so sad, yet so wonderful!

Awww...can't wait for more Beth!

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
Oh Beth! This is so sad! :cry: I love the story and am looking forward to more.