1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

PBS Kids Sprout to launch September 1, 2005

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by Phillip, Jun 25, 2005.

1. jobedo

jobedo Member

And Shining Time Station
    JOE
  2. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

you know it's not a bad thing everyone wanting to see these old classic PBS shows but it seems like every time a new PBS channel comes about it's always ah! maybe they'll show you know what. it's probably not going to happen show why keep bringing it up time and time again? I hate the fact they're not on anymore and it's ashame since showing reruns of such old stuff is very rare but how often are you all going to post about the subject every time a new PBS channel comes about?
  3. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

Oscar go back in your can!
  4. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Because we love older stuff. Look when you grow up with stuff from your childhood and then its not on your like, "I wished I could see that stuff again" or "I remember that show" or that skit or song. You don't see any of that stuff again becasue they want new not old but when you grow up you don't remember most of the stuff you watched or seen so you want to see it again. SO THERE MR. GROUCHY! Like Bear said SHUT UP AND CLOSE YOUR TRASH LID! :grouchy: :mad:
  5. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

I'm like many of you who want to see the older programming. but reading the story Phill posted and had no mention of it why would you thinik they'd do the opposite? this is why sometimes of comment or question about all this obsessing over it.
  6. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Sorry about that. I seem to be a little rude or mean when someone questions about stuff that you don't like or can't stand someone saying it and knowing it won't help much asking or telling it. So sorry about getting rude at you about that. Please forgive me for getting in your face like that. I should of been the grouchy person then you. I guess when something that you want doesn't happen you like why and mad or just don't care anymore about it. I'm glad we have people like us who want older stuff. I know that SW is putting together some episodes out on DVD some time next year. Can't wait.
  7. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

it's alright. though the article doesn't say some of the other members mentioned episodes from the 90s being shown so maybe the thought wasn't all that off. sorry. I don'r know if they intended classic SS to be for everyone or for just the kids when I got noggin it was only TEC that was on in the daytime. I get a feeling the 1st 20 years of the old shows are unlikely assuming just aiming for the kids. it's not bad we talk about it it's just some people bring up so much it just gets tiring like trying to write out a schedule of what this new channel could show.
  8. SesameStoner

SesameStoner New Member

shinning time tation with the very early episodes that had ringo starr as the mini conductor ..those shoes were awesome they still sell thomas the tank engine toys ..giving no recignitoin to shinning time station at all .....member the nickoldeon they would look in and see the little band in there.....dam memories:sympathy:
  9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

So... does anyone actually know exactly what is on this channel now?
  10. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

11. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

12. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Looks like crap to me. Well, anyone who got their hopes up for any classic SS or Fraggle Rock on TV, we got Jacked. All I see is a hand full of good shows, and a whole mess of garbage like JJ the Jetplane. This is depressingly bad. I hate PBS for merging together the network. If it was only Hit and SW, we would have had a chance, but there really is no reason for this network to exist. Nuff said!:sleep: :boo:
  13. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Why should they not exist just because they don't have what you'd like to see on there? Sounds very selfish to me.
  14. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

yeah! but we GOT to remeber... it was made for "todays" kids (1-7) :o
  15. JoeyMuppet

JoeyMuppet New Member

And everyone is entitled to their own opinion,remember?
  16. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Well, I mean, it DOES have SS, after all. But the episodes they're showing right now are from Seasons 30 and 31. I mean, those episodes are like 7 years old now! And do any of you remember in Noggin's early stages where during the preschool block, they aired SS episodes from Season 25? I mean, Season 25 is like really outdated now, but remember, Noggin started in 1999, when SS was actually IN Season 30! So, Season 25 wasn't all that old back then. I know that most of us don't exactly consider that "old", but sadly, I think they do.
  17. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I see today's Sesame Street episode on Sprout is Telly's Alphaquest. Does that mean Sprout will be airing the Hurricane episodes now since Telly's Alphaquest aired shortly before the hurricane?
  18. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Telly's Alphaquest didn't air that shortly before the hurricane. The hurricane episodes were done a year later. As of right now, Sprout is only airing selected episodes from Seasons 30 and 31. I mean, they may start airing Season 32 sometime, but I don't know for sure.
  19. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

YAY!!! ssetta's back again!
  20. bigjeffy

bigjeffy New Member

Man I wish I had pbs sprout.I live in Groton and all I get is charter.