PBS Kids Sprout to launch September 1, 2005

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, I actually have the channel now (well, sort of). According to the guide listings, it currently is not on the air, and when I tune into it, it says "Not Authorized." But there is programming on it starting on Monday at 6 am. And, looking at the schedule, it will have Sesame Street on at 5 am, 9 am, and 5 pm. I'll let you know if I actually get it. My guess is it will come on at that time, but I'm not sure.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
I have a good idea for this new channell. They could have Sesame Street Season 25 at 5am, Sesame Street Season 30 at 9am, and The Current Sesame Street at 5pm. How does that sound to everyone?

ssetta

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
I have a good idea for this new channell. They could have Sesame Street Season 25 at 5am, Sesame Street Season 30 at 9am, and The Current Sesame Street at 5pm. How does that sound to everyone?
Sounds good, but I don't think that's how it's gonna be. I really don't think they'll show anything that's pre-Elmo's World. My guess is that they will always air the same shows. That's what it looks like from the schedule.

emily

Reaction score
I wonder when we'll get the channel. We have PBS sprout on On Demand, but not on our regular digital cable. Noggin's starting to suck, I need more quality tv programming for my toddler!

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, I've had it since Monday, and it looks like it's only Season 30. Now they only ever had 19 episodes On Demand, and all the episodes I've seen on there so far were also On Demand. Now I just HOPE they don't keep repeating the same 19 episodes over and over, but sadly, that could very well be what they're doing. I mean, it's a brand-new channel, after all. It's only been on for a week.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
One of the forum members. I think his name is Golden Teeth, said they are now airing episodes from the 80's and 90's, I really hope this is true. Does anyone know for sure if theyr'e putting on 80's and 90's episodes now?

ssetta

Reaction score
No, they're only airing episodes from Season 30 (1998-99) right now.

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
What if they air "PBS Kids Classic" in the next two years. It will have these:

Classic Sesame Street (1969-1989)
Most Recent Sesame Street (1989-1998)
The Electric Company
Square One TV
321 Contact
Lamb Chop's Play-Along
Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego

Any other shows?

ssetta

Reaction score
TotallySpiesFan said:
What if they air "PBS Kids Classic" in the next two years. It will have these:

Classic Sesame Street (1969-1989)
Most Recent Sesame Street (1989-1998)
The Electric Company
Square One TV
321 Contact
Lamb Chop's Play-Along
Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego

Any other shows?
I think it could also have Mr. Rogers, Reading Rainbow, and maybe some of the very early Barney & Friends.