1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

People You Wish Were Guests on the Street

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by BigBirdABCDEFGH, Aug 21, 2009.

1. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

2. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Even though it wasn't as Superman, Chris did appear as a guest on the Street in a few clips - you can search for "Christopher Reeve" in the videos section of sesamestreet.org or search for "Christopher Reeve" & "Sesame Street" on youtube.
  3. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Yes, that is true- I forgot about that.
    It would've been nice to see him back in the '70s and early '80s in character as Superman though. But yes- he was on Sesame Street as himself and that's way cool. (In a neat alphabet segment with Ernie:p if I recall correctly).

Has Patrick Stewart been on there? Seems like if Sesame Street did a Star Wars appearance, they really should get a Star Trek appearance on there somewhere.:D
  4. dwmckim

Yes,Patrick Stewart did a few things for Sesame Street - though more making fun of his Shakespearean as opposed to his Star Trek credentials (though there was a "Make it so" gag)
  5. GonzoLeaper

Cool- I may have to look that one up.:)
  6. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

The cast of Num3ers going to :batty: for advice.

Monk, the OCD detective from the popular TV show, and :(.

I would have love the NCIS cast along with their muppet counterparts.

Also the Dog Whisper and Barkley and Corbin bleu and elmo.
  7. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

AMAZING idea! Right on! They even could've put them on together! Muddy teaches Oscar about the blues, and then the Stones talk about how they learned the blues from Muddy's songs (and Mick saying how Brian Jones named the band after a Muddy song). Then they could all play the blues together, and Oscar could say, "Hey, I like this!" And start singing a verse, as soon as Muddy says, "Take it away, Oscar!" :grouchy:

YEAH!

I picked Oscar because he was around from the beginning, and he seems more like the type to appreciate the blues on any given day...

Bruce Springsteen would be cool too...a totally different episode though...gotta let Muddy and the Stones do their thing!
  8. More guests for the 1969-92 period:
    *Chuck Berry
    *Neil Sedaka
    *Michael J. Fox
    *Michael Jackson
    *Quincy Jones
    *Robert Wagner
    *Natalie Wood
    *Stefanie Powers
    *Andy Griffith
    *Redd Foxx

~Ben
  9. GonzoLeaper

Actually, both Michael J. Fox and Michael Jackson have made Muppet appearances.
    Michael J. Fox was seen on one of the episodes of Muppet Babies- I don't recall which one, but I do remember one of the Muppet Babies opening the closet door in the nursery and peeking in on a scene of "Family Ties" in one episode.

Also, Michael Jackson actually appeared on Sesame Street as one of the guest stars of the 1978 Christmas special-
    "A Special Sesame Street Christmas".:wisdom::super::)
  10. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

AS I mentioned in the Classic Clip on the SW Site thread, there's a clip, probably from the first season with Nina Simmone sing a song called " Young Gifted And Black."

Got me thinking their was a song from 1969 done by Curtis Mayfiels & The Impression called "Choice Of Colors" which would of also been nice to have seen them perform that on the show.
  11. Yorick

Yorick Active Member

12. dwmckim

Hey, it just so happens that Patrick Stewart with The Count is was one the clips SW put on their official Youtube channel this week!
  13. RyGuy

RyGuy New Member

I think an exercise instructor should be on SS How about sombody like Kathy Smith or Richard Simmons ?
  14. GonzoLeaper

Yep- I saw that. Thanks for the tip though.:)
  15. ErnieandTelly

ErnieandTelly New Member

How about this

Alvin and the chipmunks on Sesame Street.
    I love to hear Ross Jr. yelling Alvin.:)
  16. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

LOL. That would have been cool. And maybe there could be a scene with them playing with hula hoops. ;):D
  17. GonzoLeaper

"I still want a hula hoop"... ha ha- awesome!
    So Christmas don't be late!:)
  18. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

LOL, a flutist in my band class was asking if we could learn to play that for our Christmas concert, and we both started humming it. :D
  19. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

There was a 1968 song called Big Bird which was done by R&B singer Eddie Floyd.

The song I read was a tribute to Otis Redding and probably would of been a little inapropriette, but it still would of been interesting to have seen Floyd sing this song durring the first season of SS.
  20. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I wish the Ghostwriter team would have guest-starred, as well, seeing as it was produced by the same company. That would be interesting. :)