People You Wish Were Guests on the Street

dwmckim

Reaction score
Christopher Reeve (he was on The Muppet Show- why not do a Sesame Street appearance as Superman? That would've rocked!)
Even though it wasn't as Superman, Chris did appear as a guest on the Street in a few clips - you can search for "Christopher Reeve" in the videos section of sesamestreet.org or search for "Christopher Reeve" & "Sesame Street" on youtube.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yes, that is true- I forgot about that.
It would've been nice to see him back in the '70s and early '80s in character as Superman though. But yes- he was on Sesame Street as himself and that's way cool. (In a neat alphabet segment with Ernie:stick_out_tongue: if I recall correctly).

Has Patrick Stewart been on there? Seems like if Sesame Street did a Star Wars appearance, they really should get a Star Trek appearance on there somewhere.:big_grin:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Yes,Patrick Stewart did a few things for Sesame Street - though more making fun of his Shakespearean as opposed to his Star Trek credentials (though there was a "Make it so" gag)

mbmfrog

Reaction score
The cast of Num3ers going to :batty: for advice.

Monk, the OCD detective from the popular TV show, and :frown:.

I would have love the NCIS cast along with their muppet counterparts.

Also the Dog Whisper and Barkley and Corbin bleu and elmo.

Yorick

Reaction score
*Muddy Waters
*The Rolling Stones
AMAZING idea! Right on! They even could've put them on together! Muddy teaches Oscar about the blues, and then the Stones talk about how they learned the blues from Muddy's songs (and Mick saying how Brian Jones named the band after a Muddy song). Then they could all play the blues together, and Oscar could say, "Hey, I like this!" And start singing a verse, as soon as Muddy says, "Take it away, Oscar!" :grouchy:

YEAH!

I picked Oscar because he was around from the beginning, and he seems more like the type to appreciate the blues on any given day...

Bruce Springsteen would be cool too...a totally different episode though...gotta let Muddy and the Stones do their thing!

BigBirdABCDEFGH

Reaction score
More guests for the 1969-92 period:
*Chuck Berry
*Neil Sedaka
*Michael J. Fox
*Michael Jackson
*Quincy Jones
*Robert Wagner
*Natalie Wood
*Stefanie Powers
*Andy Griffith
*Redd Foxx

~Ben

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
v*Michael J. Fox
*Michael Jackson
Actually, both Michael J. Fox and Michael Jackson have made Muppet appearances.
Michael J. Fox was seen on one of the episodes of Muppet Babies- I don't recall which one, but I do remember one of the Muppet Babies opening the closet door in the nursery and peeking in on a scene of "Family Ties" in one episode.

Also, Michael Jackson actually appeared on Sesame Street as one of the guest stars of the 1978 Christmas special-
"A Special Sesame Street Christmas".:wisdom::super::smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
AS I mentioned in the Classic Clip on the SW Site thread, there's a clip, probably from the first season with Nina Simmone sing a song called " Young Gifted And Black."

Got me thinking their was a song from 1969 done by Curtis Mayfiels & The Impression called "Choice Of Colors" which would of also been nice to have seen them perform that on the show.