1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Pepe on "The Late Late Show" (10/28/08)

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by GelflingWaldo, Oct 23, 2008.

1. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

The Muppets from The Land of Gorch cursed a little bit on the first season of SNL too.
  2. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

I thought it was really good, and I got the book today also took me looking 3 places but I got it! I'm half way through and it's pretty funny.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I wasn't aware, I never saw The Land of Gorch, lol.
  4. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

You need to buy the Complete First Season of SNL DVD set then! ;)
  5. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I turned the TV on and then I remembered that it was Tuesday and that this interview come on today. I was watching Conan and Tina Fay was talking to him about something or the other, and I'm like when does Pepe come o Craig. So I turned the channel to him and I got there just in time and right before he was about to introduce his new book. Very funny interview and really love the energy in the room from the moment Craig mentioned the name of the book. Pepe really had the crowd going almost flawlessly! Very glad he mentioned the new Christmas special as well! Oh, Also throng it was also awsome how he gave a shot out to his good friend Jim Lewis!

Craig:
    "So did you have a ghost writer for this book?"

Pepe:
    "You mean like for Halloween?"
  6. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Pepe was just GREAT! He had a great late night interview attitude going and I really enjoyed it. His new suit was fantastic and he stuck a few puns in there, too! Who KNEW he was engaged, eh? At the same time... who DIDN'T know he had a thing for breasts? ;)

His shout-out to Jim Lewis made me grin from ear to ear and I burst out laughing when he was talking about The Deadliest Catch. Pepe really was just GREAT and I hope we see more of interviews from him soon! (And I hope Amazon ships my copy of It's Hard Out Here for a Shrimp FASTER THAN THEY ARE! :mad: )
  7. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

8. Luke

Luke Active Member

Yeah great interview, luv Pepe's new suit/shirt combination - i got one like that the same haha.
  9. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Yeah, that was something he revealed last time he was on the show. I kept waiting for him to say he was getting married so he could stay in the country, since we now know he's not a citizen. ;) Maybe since he's an animal, he doesn't have to be.
  10. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

sweet! :) like EVERYONE else has said.. I love Pepe's new suit :)

:rolleyes: love that Prawn!
  11. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Yeah, I mean, look at German Shepards? Canadian Geese? African Elephants? New Jersey Rats?
  12. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

<cracks up> Snowth... That made my day.

Well, I am quite pleased. It's already been said, but I'll say it again anyway: Love the suit, the jokes, the Jim Lewis shout-out, the Letters to Santa plug, and this whole business about being engaged and having kids that I hadn't heart about until last night.

I also loved the voting/citizenship talk. Yep, that's our Pepe. Cough medicine. Uh-huh. Sure.
  13. TheJimHensonHour

TheJimHensonHour New Member

Ok I finished the book this morning, and he talks about his family a bit and he did also on the show lastnight.
    I hope at some point in the future we see at least his mom, I think it would be really funny.
  14. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Yea i think seeing some of the Muppets family memberes is always funny. Like Randy and Andy Robin, and Fozzie's Mom.
  15. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

As well as Kermit's mom and millions of his siblings. But yes love seeing other character's relitves and family members are the best when it comes to the Muppets.

Love the suits as well (who would have known) Enjoyed everything about the interview and hope to find the book soon. Haven't been paid and with that holiday coming up it's hard. I'll have to maybe ask for it for Christmas. But enjoyed everything finally a Muppet saying the word "Breast." Now i can die a happy man. LOL JK
  16. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Yea i get paid tomorow but i dont know if im going to race all over town to find the book or just buy a football game.
  17. Count von Count

Count von Count Active Member

So is this the 2nd time Pepe was on this show?
  18. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

This is the fifth time Pepe has appeared on "The Late Late Show"!

Pepe appeared 3 times in 2005 (sometime in the summer, again around Thanksgiving and yet again to sing Christmas Songs with Craig in Decemeber). He appeared in June 2006 and now most recently in October 2008.

The only other Muppets to appear on the show have been Miss Piggy in August '07 and Oscar the Grouch in September '07. Kermit appeared way back in 2002 (but that's when the show was hosted by Craig Kilborn).
  19. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Fantastic. I love this appearence. And it's been a while since the Muppets said, well, "Mammery Glands" as Kermit might put it (and did, once).

It's nice to see the Muppets being a little 'Late Late' again. Always fun!

Bea:zany:{You have an uncle Manolo?}regard
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Now we're getting it down. More talk show appearances. And not just Kermit or Piggy.

I'm glad I found it online... Late Late is 1 too late for me..