1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Petition to keep Sesame Street Unpaved

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by ssetta, Jul 13, 2002.

1. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

2. CaptCrouton

CaptCrouton New Member

I'm number 13, my lucky number!

Markus
  3. doctort13

doctort13 Member

and I was just ahead at number 12
  4. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

That won't do it!

This will NOT do it! We need a whole bunch more than that!
  5. gymkatarules

gymkatarules New Member

I was 24. Hope that helps. Hmm...I do have other email addresses...*schemes quietly to himself*

-Chris
  6. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

Who said it was being cancelled?
  7. juliette

juliette New Member

If someone can give me a link or a press release or anything that shows that Noggin really is cancelling "Unpaved," I'll be happy to link to the article and to the petition on my Web site. But so far it sounds like the usual rumors (I did sign the petition anyway).
  8. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

whats unpaved
  9. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

To Erine:

Sesame Unpaved is a show, I'm told, on Noggin in which they show classic episodes from the 70's and 80's. It was seen as an escape (in other words, something as opposed to) from the current episodes.

On many message boards, the fact is that it is watched mainly for old sketches, and cartoons not shown currently (e.g. the baker falling down a row of stairs carrying a pile of chocolate layer cakes) on Sesame.

Problems arise in this. First, Nickelodian uses the channel to show their old old shows they have no time to play any more (Clarissa, Hey Dude, etc.) so they, if you're lucky, air Sesame Unpaved at like 3 am in the morning. Secondly, Noggin is a channel you can only get if you have digital cable or satilite.

But I signed any way!

Hope this clears things up, man!
  10. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

We need more!

So far the petition has 34 signatures! We need more than that! C'mon people! Let's get signing, or Sesame Street Unpaved will be gone for good!
  11. dirtygulch

dirtygulch New Member

Re: We need more!

Just be patient...
  12. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

I'm still failing to discover why anyone wasted their time creating this petition.

Who said Unpaved was being cancelled?
  13. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

Well, I was the one who originally created it, right? The reason why I created it was to keep Sesame Street Unpaved, and all the other vintage shows alive. But we currently only have 43 signatures, and that simply is not good enough. Please don't criticize my work. Did you even go and sign it?
  14. furryfella

furryfella New Member

ITA sstetta!! You are doing Good work with this petition!! keep up the Good work!!
  15. juliette

juliette New Member

I signed your petition, and I appreciate your having put so much time and energy into the effort, ssetta. But I'm with scarecroe/Scott in asking for evidence (a news article, a press release) that Unpaved is being cancelled. Admittedly I don't have Noggin and so perhaps I'm missing something? Please let us know. Thanks!
  16. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

I see it this way,petitin can cause a lot of trouble to the poeple who atarted them and you just gotta no the precauitons.
  17. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

I think what Juliette is trying to say is that if there were a news article or something, more people would respond to it, so it would get publicity. Maybe we should call CNN, Fox News, or one of those cable news channels.
  18. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

You can't not explain your work and expect it not to be criticized.
    Of course not. Why would I sign a petition to keep Unpaved on the air, when there has been no announcement that it would be taken off?
  19. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

Yes but i dont know if i will sign it.Because of what may ahppen
  20. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

I actually spoke to someone in programming at Noggin. I noticed that Sesame Street Unpaved was just decreased from 9 times a week to 2 times a week. She said that what is happening is that it's slowly being phased out. She also told me that the reason is because it doesn't really go with Noggin, or The N. She did say that it will probably be on for another year or so, and then it will be completely taken off the schedule.

Now she actually told me that the reason why it's being phased out, along with The Electric Company, and all their other vintage shows, is because it really doesn't go with their new format. Noggin, during the day, is for preschoolers. The N, in the evening, is for older kids and young teenagers. And she says that Sesame Street Unpaved doesn't really go with either of those formats. It was something that was done for preschoolers 25 years ago. I personally think that the whole issue of revamping Noggin is a bad idea. They are wiping out all of their vintage programming. As I posted earlier, I think there should be a CTW channel.

Okay, now do you believe me?