Petition to keep Sesame Street Unpaved

dirtygulch

Reaction score
Re: We need more!

Originally posted by ssetta
So far the petition has 34 signatures! We need more than that! C'mon people! Let's get signing, or Sesame Street Unpaved will be gone for good!
Just be patient...

scarecroe

Reaction score
I'm still failing to discover why anyone wasted their time creating this petition.

Who said Unpaved was being cancelled?

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, I was the one who originally created it, right? The reason why I created it was to keep Sesame Street Unpaved, and all the other vintage shows alive. But we currently only have 43 signatures, and that simply is not good enough. Please don't criticize my work. Did you even go and sign it?

furryfella

Reaction score
ITA sstetta!! You are doing Good work with this petition!! keep up the Good work!!

juliette

Reaction score
I signed your petition, and I appreciate your having put so much time and energy into the effort, ssetta. But I'm with scarecroe/Scott in asking for evidence (a news article, a press release) that Unpaved is being cancelled. Admittedly I don't have Noggin and so perhaps I'm missing something? Please let us know. Thanks!

Ernie101

Reaction score
I see it this way,petitin can cause a lot of trouble to the poeple who atarted them and you just gotta no the precauitons.

ssetta

Reaction score
I think what Juliette is trying to say is that if there were a news article or something, more people would respond to it, so it would get publicity. Maybe we should call CNN, Fox News, or one of those cable news channels.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Please don't criticize my work.
You can't not explain your work and expect it not to be criticized.
Did you even go and sign it?
Of course not. Why would I sign a petition to keep Unpaved on the air, when there has been no announcement that it would be taken off?

Ernie101

Reaction score
Yes but i dont know if i will sign it.Because of what may ahppen

ssetta

Reaction score
I actually spoke to someone in programming at Noggin. I noticed that Sesame Street Unpaved was just decreased from 9 times a week to 2 times a week. She said that what is happening is that it's slowly being phased out. She also told me that the reason is because it doesn't really go with Noggin, or The N. She did say that it will probably be on for another year or so, and then it will be completely taken off the schedule.

Now she actually told me that the reason why it's being phased out, along with The Electric Company, and all their other vintage shows, is because it really doesn't go with their new format. Noggin, during the day, is for preschoolers. The N, in the evening, is for older kids and young teenagers. And she says that Sesame Street Unpaved doesn't really go with either of those formats. It was something that was done for preschoolers 25 years ago. I personally think that the whole issue of revamping Noggin is a bad idea. They are wiping out all of their vintage programming. As I posted earlier, I think there should be a CTW channel.

Okay, now do you believe me?