1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Bill Bubble Guy, Feb 10, 2006.

1. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

Look just ask once! perhaps no one has an answer for you!

2. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Well even if no-one has any answer to my question as to who wrote it that is irrelevant.
    I just like to bump up my favourite threads every once in a while to see if anybody adds any sort of comment to them at all

3. Censored

Censored Well-Known Member

Mikebennedict is just a very strict moderator on this board.

4. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

That. Shetch. Is. Classic. :D
    The John Denver episode would haveta be one of my faves, party because it had that on it. Every time I watch it I crack up, lol. ;)

"Valderie!"

5. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

It was just posted on youtube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YhI4q1savV0

I must have seen it before since I know I've seen the John Denver episode, but I don't remember. Anyway, funny sketch! Classic crazy Muppets.

6. Skye

Skye Active Member

I adore this sketch! I think it's hilarious.

Unfortunately, that song is awfully catchy. I can't tell you how long I had it stuck in my head after I saw it for the first time! :D

Bill Bubble Guy likes this.
  7. Bill Bubble Guy

It is a wonderful sketch indeed.
    It's great to be able to see it again and to share it with some of my forum friends:D

I must admit though part of me does feel a little bit sorry for those three pigs murdered by that cold-hearted goat in the Alps heh heh;)
    But I know they're only puppets so I only feel just a minute, teensy bit sorry:D

I can't wait for season 4 to be released so I can have it on DVD, well suppose I have no choice really.
    I only pray with all my heart it isn't cut out. Pretty please Disney.

8. heralde

Well, maybe they weren't murdered, maybe they got sent to a well furnished rest home and decided happy wandering was highly overrated!

9. Skye

Skye Active Member

Ha!! That's great, heralde. :D

I can't wait for season 4 to be released, either. This episode is awesome. Love the guest, love this sketch as well as many, many others... definitely one I can't wait to see again.

10. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

What exactly does 'valderie' mean? Where's it from I wonder?? :confused: :)

11. heralde

I've always wondered that too! It's maybe German for something. But don't know what.

12. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Who was the guest star in that episode?

13. Bill Bubble Guy

If you'll read the start of my thread cgf, you will find that it was John Denver (RIP):cry:

14. Bill Bubble Guy

:D That is very hilarious indeed heralde.

Actually I think I'll post an idea I've had that I've shared in PM with my friend Katie(kiki)

Since all the sketches on TMS presumably took place onstage anyway I can visualize a couple of extra bits they could have included.

First: Waldorf could have said to Statler "That was a very dark number indeed." To which Statler could have replied "Yes, but it wasn't dark enough. We could still see it."

Second: Imagine Dr.Bob, Nurse Piggy and Nurse Janice leading those three pigs offstage in bandages and on crutches.
    One of them says to Kermit, "Mr.Frog. You said that there would be a large, soft, bouncy mattress for us to land in when we pretended to fall off the mountain prop during our dark humour number."
    And of course silly old Beauregard appears saying sheepishly, "Oh dear. I had a feeling I had forgotten something very important."
    :D

15. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

Ha ha ha!!! Those are great BBG!

16. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

That was a really funny little sketch, and I loved the ideas Marty, especially then one with Beauregard forgetting the mattress for them to land on.

17. Bill Bubble Guy

Thanks Snowthers:)

18. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Ah yes, thanks for sending it to me Marty. Now I know where it came from, and what was going on during it.
    I love your joke ideas, and Heralde's speculations on where the pigs ended up.
    You know, when you said that about feeling sorry for the pigs, I was thinking; sure, you might feel sorry for them, but I'll bet you're not as sorry as the puppet builders, lol!
    :eek:

Bill Bubble Guy likes this.
  19. heralde

Hehe, thanks I'm glad you liked my speculations!

And yeah, I liked the behind the scenes lines, they sound like real Muppet Show moments!

20. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Yes, we certainly do have a lot of funny people here! I say it's all the muppet exposure!