1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Bill Bubble Guy, Feb 10, 2006.

1. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Are you implying that the builders would be upset over what happened to them like parents seeing their own children come to grief Kate? More lol :D

You're quite welcome indeed. I was pleased to send it to you.:)

2. Bill Bubble Guy

BTW What do you all think of my latest signature. It certainly sets this cool thread of mine off doesn't it? ;) :D

3. Skye

Skye Active Member

Love the new sig, Marty! Especially that "Uh-oh" part... totally priceless. :D

4. Bill Bubble Guy

Personally my favourite is not the Uh-oh part, but the Watch your step part.

It was very clever the Muppeteers were able to move the two pigs so that it looked like they really were trying to watch their step in hope that they would not fall off the mountain, the way their unfortunate companion did, wasn't it?:D

5. Skye

Skye Active Member

Oh, absolutely. I think I just love the way they looked at each other and said Uh-oh when their buddy fell... like, they were thinking, "Well, that can't be good!" I can hear it in my head, and it just cracks me up. :D

I definitely agree, that was very clever! Very cool to watch, and not easy to accomplish, I'd imagine!

Bill Bubble Guy likes this.
  6. Bill Bubble Guy

Skye did you also notice that before their buddy fell he stared down the mountain a lot as if he was nervous about the height he was up at. I always think to myself what a joke that was since if he didn't like heights why would he have gone hiking in the mountains with his best friends in the first place?
    Still you must admit, it was definitely effective in hinting to the viewer what was going to happen in the sketch eh?

7. Skye

Skye Active Member

Haha... no, actually I hadn't noticed that! I'll have to watch for that the next time I see it. I love foreshadowing like that.

8. Bill Bubble Guy

Well just click onto the link in the thread and watch the pig on the end very carefully. See how he even scrunches up his snout to give a slightly perplexed expression compared to the other two halfway through the first verse.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YhI4q1savV0

In fact I'll even provide the link again here.

9. Skye

Skye Active Member

Yeah, I thought about doing that, but I have the slowest connection in the world, so it would take a while to load, ya know? I might try it later, and I will definitely watch for that!

It's really cool that they decided to show that fear the way they did... yet, silly piggy still climbin' that mountain! :D

10. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Yeah Marty, I love the new signature! My favorite bit is the way he's just singing with out a clue, "valdera, valde-aaahhh!"
    :mad: (It's the closest I could get to a pig.)
    :eek: lol

My quip earlier referred to the fact that the puppet builders, apon seeing their creations be destroyed, would have to work to rebuild them.
    ;)

11. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Yeah I can picture the first two pigs trying to convince their nervous friend to go happy wandering, while he is positive something will go wrong!

12. Bill Bubble Guy

Well. It's supposed to refer to the three of them singing in the first verse when they start to fall off and what the other two say to it of course Kate;)

HA HA HA You have a keen sense of humour my friend.:D

My thread has really taken off very well now, hasn't it?

13. Bill Bubble Guy

You don't suppose it may have been a Friday the 13th heralde, like it is today?:eek: :D

14. heralde

Hmm, could be. But how could they have not noticed that?! lol

...then again they DID miss falling rocks and the evil goat!

15. Bill Bubble Guy

Yeah. But the evil goat didn't miss them. And he must have been very quick to knock them off and scoot away before they noticed him. And of course the rocks he shoved down onto the last one certainly didn't miss him.:eek:

The big irony of the sketch is of course that the mountain track was completely safe in itself. No loose small rocks or slippery places to make them lose their footing;)

Another thing I think to myself with a dark laugh is that when the lead pig says to his remaining buddy "Watch your step" and he agrees, little did they know it should have been "Watch your back."

Not that it would have done them any good when the goat sent the avalanche rolling down of course. HA HA HA:D

16. heralde

Yes, I'm sure the Trashheap would have said, "Watch out for evil goats! That's terrific advice!"

("The Trashheap has spoken, nyahh!")

17. Bill Bubble Guy

I'm bumping this up so you can see all the discussion we've had Skye:D :excited:

18. Bill Bubble Guy

You know Skye just like you can hear that in your head so in the same way when they say Watch your step and Yeah Yeah to each other, I can hear them thinking, "I don't want to fall to my death!" And that is hilarious to me as well:D

19. Skye

Skye Active Member

It sure has! And what a terrific idea for a thread it was, too. I was surprised it took so long to take off! :)

Thanks for bumping this up for me, Marty! This thread cracks me up! I hadn't really thought about the irony that you brought up, Marty, about how the mountain track in itself was safe. That is true. That's such a great part at the end of this sketch when we see the evil goat just laughing and laughing!

Haha, that's very cute. And very true! This sketch does have so many hilarious and awesome things stuck into it. I really like how we each have our own specific things in it that we find to be the absolute funniest. There's always somethin' with them Muppets, isn't there? :D

20. Fragglemuppet

Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Yes, I know, but I was referring to the first pig before he fell. He was just singing happily, not knowing what was going to happen in just a few seconds.

Who knows? Maybe it was the dread peer pressure, or pig pressure, that got him to do it.
    ;)