Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

Skye

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet said:
Who knows? Maybe it was the dread peer pressure, or pig pressure, that got him to do it.
Ha! Pig pressure. I like that. :big_grin: Those pigs sure can be pretty forceful sometimes! :wink: I'll bet it was, though. Those two other pigs sure seemed pretty gung-ho about it... at first, anyway!

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
You know Kate, I watched the clip a few more times and I have to admit you're right. Despite his displays of nervousness during the first verse, he does appear to be singing happily unawares at the moment before he falls never-the-less. What mixed emotions:smirk:

Actually I can interpret that easily enough.
Imagine this: The three pigs have been ascending for a little while and the one on the end says, "I don't know why I ever let you guys talk me into this."
One of them answers, "Oh come on. You agreed it was a good idea that the three of us go an a hiking holiday together."
He replies, "Yes but I thought we'd stick to the valleys and maybe the itty-bitty hills, but I don't like how far up we are. It'll be a disaster if we fall from this height."
And the other one says "Oh you worry too much. Hiking tracks are perfectly safe. Nothing will happen to us. Tell you what. Why don't we all sing some verses of the traditional hikers song "The Happy Wanderer" as we go. It'll relax you and you'll start to appreciate the beautiful view from up here. We'll even share a line of the chorus each. You can start and you'll have the first Val de ahahahahaha part. Okay?"

Well he reluctantly agrees, though he still peers down nervously during the verse. But while they sing the chorus he starts to feel the spirit of the song and thinks maybe he is being a silly pig and prepares to sing joyfully when...
well you know everything that happens then of course:big_grin:

Skye

Reaction score
Haha, what a perfect scenario. Marty, were you there during that conversation and you just haven't told us yet? :wink:

So, he was starting to be so happy and joyful... that song sure can "roll you away," huh?

Moral: Never sing "The Happy Wanderer" while hiking up a mountain... or at the very least, watch out for evil goats! :big_grin:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
The Trash Heap has spoken, niah!

Ah Marty, Marty, Marty! You know, we've had our fair share of muppeteers on here, and even a family member of a muppeteer. But could it be we now have an actual muppet in disguize posting here, Caroline?

Skye

Reaction score
Ah-ha! We've found him out. Good job, Kate! :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
You two women had better keep on your guard if you ever go happy wandering together. BLAHAHAHAHA:wink:

Skye

Reaction score
Oh yeah. And we'll make sure to take you with us, too! :wink:

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
So what do you say you buy plane tickets for the two of you Caroline, and I'll fly ahead and pay off the goat?
:crazy:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well the way I had interpreted your little joke, I thought the two of you meant that you suspected that I was the goat. And that I was finally telling you what I had overheard the pigs saying to each other before they began their song and I bumped them off.:big_grin:

So you can see what my quip was with the wicked laugh in my reply:wink:

It's turning into quite a game trying to follow what the three of us mean now isn't it?