Popular Shows that You Hate

Drtooth

Reaction score
Total agreement. That show is terrible, and it only survives through a Friday Night death slot that would kill any other show in said slot. I only hope it remains a successful lead in for the sake of The Neighbors. If it wasn't for that horrid Bad News Bears wanna be sitcom, it would have a nice spot inbetween The Middle and Modern Family. Now I got this awkward half hour of crappy television to deal with.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've been wondering, with all these big movie stars turning to television now, as opposed to the old days when they were considered "too big" and "too important" to even consider lowering themselves to television work, like James Caan, and now more recently even Samuel L. Jackson, I wonder how long it's going to be before we start seeing the likes of George Clooney and Brad Pitt starring on their own show?

Drtooth

Reaction score
What's Samuel L Jackson doing? It sure as heck isn't S.H.I.E.L.D.

Not like James Caan is doing anything these days. Robin Williams really doesn't do good movies anymore.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Some kind of cable show, looks like another one of those police/crime dramas that have a lot of unrealistic action and explosions and stuff.

Robin Williams is an exception, considering he started out doing television (MORK AND MINDY, anymone?)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Some kind of cable show, looks like another one of those police/crime dramas that have a lot of unrealistic action and explosions and stuff.
And he's not doing S.H.I.E.L.D. :sigh: Must've paid him a crapload more money to be on that instead. Eh, we always have Agent Coulson. Freakin' love that guy.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I've been wondering, with all these big movie stars turning to television now, as opposed to the old days when they were considered "too big" and "too important" to even consider lowering themselves to television work, like James Caan, and now more recently even Samuel L. Jackson, I wonder how long it's going to be before we start seeing the likes of George Clooney and Brad Pitt starring on their own show?
I would love to see George Clooney back on TV, but maybe this time instead of a doctor he could play a lawyer, or police officer.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I don't even think Glee fans like Glee anymore.
I suffered through the season opener and it looks to be the program's last year. Personally, I liked the tongue-in-cheek nature of the show and the thoughtful way it dealt with subjects too controversial for other shows. The addition of a transgender character in the main cast was wonderful. However, the show is now just retreading its already retreaded steps. I was hoping for something new or interesting this season. Something different that transformed the show. Instead it's just a watered down version of its better self. The characters have become stale and unlikable and the storyline has a sense of déjà vu. It's time for a mercy killing. I'll run get the morphine. Or maybe a toaster in the bathtub is what the show deserves.

I know. I'm being very harsh. But the showrunner has let down the fans in a way that is indefensible. It's best to let it go.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
The Big Bang Theory....worse than watching 2 girls one cup

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I like How I met your mother, but sometimes the story line is confusing....

Drtooth

Reaction score
I suffered through the season opener and it looks to be the program's last year. Personally, I liked the tongue-in-cheek nature of the show and the thoughtful way it dealt with subjects too controversial for other shows. The addition of a transgender character in the main cast was wonderful. However, the show is now just retreading its already retreaded steps. I was hoping for something new or interesting this season. Something different that transformed the show. Instead it's just a watered down version of its better self. The characters have become stale and unlikable and the storyline has a sense of déjà vu. It's time for a mercy killing. I'll run get the morphine. Or maybe a toaster in the bathtub is what the show deserves.

I know. I'm being very harsh. But the showrunner has let down the fans in a way that is indefensible. It's best to let it go.
That's the problem with these shows that are initially popular. They just don't know what to do with the show. Happened badly to Heroes and Desperate Housewives too. Some shows need that small start gestation period of a weak first season that gets stronger. Shows that are initially popular start out strong and wrestle with what made them popular in the first place leaving retreads or stunt plots.

I never liked Glee, but everyone I knew who watched it gave up varying points second or third season.