Popular Shows that You Hate

mimitchi33

Reaction score
Adventure Time is a show you need to really get into to like. It rewards you highly when it does, as it's the shockingly most dramatic animated series I've seen. It runs on quirkiness, and that is a bit of a turn off. That's what stopped me from watching it at first. I'm glad I got over it and became a fan, though.

Regular Show... well, it doesn't exactly hide any drug references very much (among other things....The Getting Crap past the Radar page on TVTropes is pretty expansive), it really isn't fueled by it so much as it's a spiritual successor to Clerks. It's a show about 20 year olds that didn't make it in college and have to work a low paying dead end job. Something that quite a lot of 20 somethings can relate to. But there's a stunning amount of continuity and character development. Relationships in the series actually grow. Muscle Man used to be a complete jerk that would always dump on Mordecai and Rigby and now he's one of their closest friends. There's something extremely heartwarming in that.
My brother likes those shows, and I saw him watch them in the car on our North Carolina trip last year, while I watched Garfield and Friends and The Muppets. In some foreign countries like Australia, they dub or cut out the inappropriate scenes of those shows, just like the U.S. did with Total Drama Island/Action/World Tour.
I think the humor of Adventure Time is that it's like when kids play pretend. As in, it makes no sense and seems to be made on the fly (even though it's not). I don't really enjoy Adventure Time, but I don't loathe it. It gets lots of merchandise, though.
I see merchandise all the time at Hot Topic when I look for Friendship is Magic (I've liked My Little Pony since I was a kid, and I'm NOT a pegasister), Power Rangers and anime stuff. Usually there's a big display of the stuff somewhere in the store, but the series spotlighted changes each week. Sometimes it will not be Adventure Time, but it will be My Little Pony or Doctor Who. But still, most of the time, it's Adventure Time. I also saw a kid who was on his way to his hotel watching that show in his car once.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Now, My Little Pony... that's a show I HATE the fact that I enjoy. I hate the show for me actually liking it. REALLY! And I hate myself for liking it too. Thankfully, I only watched a handful of episodes and haven't seen another in a while.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
The brony fandom is probably one of the only reasons the show is popular. Without them, we probably wouldn't have the excessive memes, merchandise, and the incredibly long TV Tropes page.

(I'm not against the show, it's actually pretty good)

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Yeah, and other shows on the hub wouldn't get pushed out of the way because of the rabid fanbase. The show itself is decent enough. The fans though O.O

Yes, I am bitter that Dan Vs was cancelled. Or put on hiatus. No one knows for sure.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Part of the reason for it's popularity too, or so I'm told, is its indirect connection to Craig McCracken (his wife created it).

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I really don't think thats the case, but what do I know?

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Sgt Floyd said:
Yes, I am bitter that Dan Vs was cancelled. Or put on hiatus. No one knows for sure.
What? Too bad, that show looked pretty funny. I've only seen clips from the show on YT.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The brony fandom is probably one of the only reasons the show is popular. Without them, we probably wouldn't have the excessive memes, merchandise, and the incredibly long TV Tropes page.
Those freaking Bronies are the reason I'm too ashamed to like the show. There are so many awful fanbases around, but NO ONE wants to associate with that one. I'm too afraid to do so much as a gag fan art... and I had this really funny idea too.

I still want to know the story about that. They say it's coming back, they say it isn't... I know Hasbro royally screwed over G.I. Joe Renegades due to the movie. Kinda bummed that Transformers Prime is over (even though I've been watching the CW rebroadcasts and am only up to season 2, and I don't know if Vortexx is even going to run it). But then again, the network reruns Tiny Toons, Animaniacs, and the 1990's DC animated shows so you can't really get mad at them for that.

Meanwhile, they're STILL trying to shove Littlest Pet Shop down everyone's throats to make them love it. Something tells me they were counting on the wrong demographic to like it. Seriously... this is the ONLY network that actually cares about the older demographic. Zim and Freakazoid were cancelled because of the older demographic.

Part of the reason for it's popularity too, or so I'm told, is its indirect connection to Craig McCracken (his wife created it).
The reason for the popularity is that she made the show good. I've said it millions of times before, but most girl cartoons are vapid and clearly created and written by men. Maxie's World... shudder shudder.... ULP! Bratz... (vomits a little in mouth). Lauren clearly wanted to speak out against that. Now, the conflicting story goes that Lauren wanted to sell the Hub a series based on her own line of dolls, the Galaxy Girls, but Hasbro wanted an existing property, one owned by them specifically. So basically she took the personalities from the characters and put them onto the Pony characters... and then she took wayyy too much credit for it. And left after the second season, supposedly.

Still, a creative type heading up a toy based program that sells toys... such a thing has never been done.

Now, if only Hasbro can get someone to make a Jem revival... and a Mr. Potatohead series.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
For me, it's

THE BIG BANG THEORY
FRIENDS
TWO AND A HALF MEN
GLEE

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I love FRIENDS, but I will say the latter half of the series gets a little harder to watch, because everyone's Flanderized so heavily (I can barely make it through "The One Where Joey Learns French" because of how unbelievably stupid he was in it).