1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Post count dropped

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Sgt Floyd, Aug 27, 2012.

1. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

whats muffining? :oops:
  2. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Going off topic in a thread.
  3. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

So...if we go off topic, that's bad and our posts will be deleted. ?

I just don't get it...people are getting too crazy about these kinds of things, you guys are adding way too many rules. It's kinda not fun to be here anymore :(
  4. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

*runs past wearing a HUGE mustache*

You can't catch me I'm British!

*jumps into a yellow cab and screeches away*

(Wondering if that is A. Muffining, B. Gonna get deleted...)
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  5. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

No...Vincent's posts were deleted because he posted essentially nothing but gibberish. If you are really concerned, pm The Count to get a clarification
  6. Muppet fan 123

Do you have an example of what was posted? I'm kinda not understanding, :confused: maybe if I actually see one of the posts I'll get it
  7. Pinkflower7783

I think they just mean when it gets way out of hand like in the 1000 post thread we were sort of on topic and then we started the "What's Name of that Song" and it just became nothing but rambling stuff. It's okay to muffin a little but some of us just need to know when to stop. Like I said I am totally guilty of this.
  8. Pinkflower7783

They deleted the posts so can't really show an example now.
  9. Sgt Floyd

They were deleted so I can't actually show you :p

Just pm The Count like I said. I don't really feel like I have the authority to say what is or isn't allowed
  10. Muppet fan 123

Why is that a problem though? What are we muffining?
    The whole 1000 Post Thread is one whole big Muffin. You can't muffin a muffining thread! If we stayed on topic there the whole thread would be:
    "I'm up to 2,0300 posts"
    "I'm up to 6500"
    Not that there's anything wrong with saying what you are up to, but if that was the entire thread that would be very boring.
    dwmckim likes this.
  11. Sgt Floyd

He posted gibberish. As in a string of nonsense

"la la la da da da"

type thing. Seriously. Just PM the Count of you are that concerned.
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  12. Muppet fan 123

I am pretty concerned...so I probably will! I'm going to make a stand for all muffiners out there!

*eats Muffin*
  13. Sgt Floyd

As long as you don't post literal gibberish as in a string of random letters, then you should be fine :/
  14. Muppet fan 123

That's good. At least I'm safe for now.

*looks for thread to muffin*
  15. Pinkflower7783

Go to the "Crazy Thread" that's for muffining to the extreme.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  16. Muppet fan 123

It's Muffin Time Sir! [​IMG]
  17. Muppet fan 123

Funny story, I acciedentally shut down my browser, when I restarted it, I wanted to come back to this website, and without realizing, I typed in MuffinCentral, :o
  18. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

I noticed a couple weeks ago that some of the posts from the "Kittens Cam" thread got deleted. All I remember was someone asked how to find this "Kitten Cam" (even though they could have just read post number #1 and followed from there). I also answered on how to find it. But other then that, all of those posts were being on topic in my eye (including in that post).

Though, it doesn't truly matter me. I just noticed it was all.
  19. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

WOAH! So mine just got a massive post drop (and like drop, too). My posts went from 704 to 684. My likes went from 223 to 217. :grr:
  20. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

MissMusical12, you may be refering to the Muppets recast in movies thread and the similar recast in TV shows threads. Those were blatent violations of forum rules, posting a game-type thread in a section other than the Games area of the forum. I know members can't start threads in the Games section, which is all the more reason to follow protocol and either post in the Game Suggestions thread or contact a moderator so they can start the game for you. In addition, there already exists a similar game titled "You Cast the Muppets..." If the last post in that seems too distant that starting up again would seem either like dead thread bumping to some or rude as not allowing the last person to have their turn, then contact a moderator in hopes of getting that closed in lue of starting up a new version of the game.

Hope this explains things better.