Pre-Order: "The Muppets" on Blu-ray and DVD coming March 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farron

Reaction score
If anyone gets any information on whether the BluRay will play on multi region players, please post it here! Thank you!
Don't know for sure but I believe it will be, and I am pre-ordering it believing it to be so. If it isn't then they're doing something strange.

Blu-rays that Disney released in the US, they did lock them down to that region in the beginning, but the last 10 releases (probably a bit more too) that I have purchased have been region free. Which I am so thankful for as Disney blu-rays in the US are great. You get cool shiny slipcovers, and no large ratings classifications plastered over the packaging.

If I was to purchase locally (in Australia) I would miss out on the slip covers, have huge ratings classification labelling printed on them (wish they were just stickers so I could take them off) and they would also be a bit costly. Buying them from Amazon (with postage included) ends up being quite a bit cheaper!

The only bummer is the Disney movie rewards points from the US don't work in the Australian rewards site, so its kinda sucky I can't use the US rewards site instead to redeem.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm confused as to whether the script read-through is actually included. It was said that it would long ago, but these press releases only mention a screen test on the way to the read-through (how confusing!) with no mention on if we see them reading the script (and I think I've read that the feature is nearly 3 minutes long). It doesn't matter much to me either way (aside from the fact that we'd likely get to hear dialogue of some unfilmed scenes).

It's mentioned that some of the features have a character called JG, and was recently announced that JG is a monster. I wonder if it'll be a new puppet/design or if they'll just take an existing monster and call that one JG. And I wonder if he'll be funnier than Joe the Armadillo.

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
The film is not released in the UK yet nor the DVD/Blu-ray but BBFC has passed the following DVD contents:
  • THE LONGEST BLOOPER REEL EVER (WELL... AT LEAST IN MUPPET HISTORY) *WE THINK (runtime: 8m 9s)
  • SCRATCHING THE SURFACE - A HASTY EXAMINATION OF THE MAKING OF THE MUPPETS (DVD EXTRA) (runtime: 15m 14s)
  • 8 DELETED SCENES (runtime: 9m 35s)
source: http://www.bbfc.co.uk/

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
what? are you kidding me? the UK release gets more bonus features? Well, I guess the stink we made makes a difference, but man, that bites for us in the US

ploobis

Reaction score
It doesn't say that it will be included, but don't worry. They're probably saving it for a Pixar release. I think it would be weird having a Pixar short on a Muppet DVD anyway, no offense.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I just wondered, will the Toy Story short be on there?
I was going to ask this same question in this thread today, ha ha. If Muppets was good enough to have it play before it at the theatres, then it should be the same for the home release. Both entities/ characters are Disney-owned, it shouldn't be strange for them to be released together. Heck, they even had the pros at Pixar look over and tweak the script before production. 'Sides, I want it!! :big_grin:

I think I'll be asking the studios on Twitter soon...

muppfozz

Reaction score
:cluck:you can pre-order on amazon but I was on the wal-mart website and they will have four small finger puppets with the dvd.

beaker

Reaction score
what? are you kidding me? the UK release gets more bonus features? Well, I guess the stink we made makes a difference, but man, that bites for us in the US
Haha...oh wait I thought Disney couldnt fit all the blu ray extras on a dvd? Maybe PAL dvds have extra space on the discs? Lol.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just saw scans from the back covers of the regular DVD and one of the combo packs, and noticed the description begins with "Muppet domination continues with a new movie..." Uh, I thought Disney STARTED it's "Muppet domination" with the movie (okay, it's promotion of the movie). And there hasn't really been much "Muppet domination" since (the biggest non-movie tie-ins I can think of are the upcoming Funko Pop toys and bobbleheads).

Status
Not open for further replies.