1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Pre-Order: "The Muppets" on Blu-ray and DVD coming March 20

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by BobThePizzaBoy, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

wait, there's going to be a box set of a bunch of muppet movies/specials? is this real?

that'd be awesome. when will this be announced? will the movies be on blu ray finally?

2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

My7 thing is they really need to do some sort of Comentry track on these movies that would make my day.

3. Writersright

Writersright Member

Probably February

4. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

i really think they should use this picture
    [​IMG]
    for all the dvd covers but take off the realese date

5. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

6. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

7. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

Lol, why is that "weird"? Ha ha.

I really wish Gonzo and Scooter were on the cover of the Wocka pack! :(

8. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Seriously? Where is Gonzo's head? Why are the DVDs so keen on hiding it from us???

9. Writersright

Writersright Member

They did a commentary track on the Bohemian Rhapsody but that was more comedy than insightful. If they do one on the movies I hope it's a <i>bit</i> more serious.

10. Writersright

Writersright Member

Yet they feature Dr Teeth who has a very small part.

11. KermieBaby47

But for that I'm extremely grateful!! :D He's one of the many that have been too overlooked in the past... and one of my favorite characters too, heh heh. Well, all of Jim's characters have always held a special place in my heart.

But I DO see what you mean, lol. They coulda just made things a bit smaller to better fit Gonzo and Scooter in. Thank God they got Rowlf on the cover at least!!

12. Writersright

Writersright Member

I like Teeth too and Baretta does a spot on performance since he took over the role. It's really hard to hear the difference between his Teeth and Henson's.

KermieBaby47 likes this.
  13. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

It is a disappointment that Gonzo's head is blocked by Amy Adams :concern:, but is there really need for such a fuss? I'm sure we will be delighted by Disney in the near future. I really can't wait to see what's in store for bonus features on this DVD. Maybe a game or two would be nice. Deleted scenes are a MUST, as well as behind the scenes. I imagine them putting all the trailers/parody trailers on the DVD.

14. Writersright

Writersright Member

I'd like to see interviews with the Muppeteers opposed to interviews with the Muppets and/or the human cast. DVD/BluRay games don't interest me since they take up valuable space and are generally pretty boring. The last one I played was the wild mine cart ride on the Snow White BD though.

KermieBaby47 likes this.
  15. KermieBaby47

Agreed! Though I will add that I'd like to see interviews with the Muppeteers in ADDITION to the Muppets and human cast, hee-hee.

I keep checking UltimateDisney to see if they've gotten their set for review yet, but no dice. :sigh:

16. Writersright

Writersright Member

They could interview them at the same time, a bit like this:

17. zns

zns Well-Known Member

I am praying for great bonus features on this set. Let's hope that Disney pulls out all the stops on this set.

18. Puppet crazy

Puppet crazy Member

I agree with most people here. I'm hoping they re edit the movie with some extra scenes. Especially the ending.

19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Muppet Wizard of Oz and Letters to Santa were both extended when they were released on DVD... That song was added back into Muppet Christmas Carol. Unless they took the digital transfer of the film directly after the final edit, off to the theaters sources (which I'm assuming happens with every home video release), they really should put the more important edited scenes back into the movie (at the very least the full version of Tex's Song, which not only explains the vendetta, but it also was the set up to the ending's punchline, which just becomes non-sequitor). Other major edited sequences should be included in the bonus features, but the song's full inclusion only adds to concepts in the film that weren't there in the final version.

Like I said before, the running gag is that Tex can't even chortle maniacally correctly. It makes no sense without that bit.

20. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

*crossing fingers it's not a bare bones release* Hopefully by mid feb we'll know?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.