1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Pre-Order: "The Muppets" on Blu-ray and DVD coming March 20

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by BobThePizzaBoy, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Farron

Farron Member

You can find out the full details here:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4184/muppet_space.html

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4183/muppet_manhattan.html

Having not really seen the DVD (even though it is a blu-ray/DVD combo pack) I'm not really sure but Manhattan had some pointless Muppetisms (short footage of the muppets doing something/saying a few lines) which weren't really related to the movie at all (including one of Pepe who didn't exist at the time), and there was an interview with Jim.

Space had some outtakes, 'Shining Star' music video and just some trailers for the film.

2. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

when is muppet movie and muppet caper gonna come out on blu?

3. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Yes just as I though they but all the features from the DVD's to blu ray. They could have at least tried to get Frank Oz for a Comentary for Manhaten but who is spliting hairs

4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Blu rays are incredible, but they are for fans of blu ray/hdtv. There was an ocean of difference between the move from vhs to dvd, but not as big a notice to me on a lot of films from dvd to blu ray. I think the discussion is just revolving around how Disney went OUT of their way to thumb their nose at their huge dvd fanbase.

heralde likes this.
  5. Writersright

Writersright Member

Extras, Extras, read all about it:

• The Longest Blooper Reel Ever Made (In Muppet History––We Think) - A laugh out loud look at the actors'funny gaffs and gags from behind the scenes of making Disney's "The Muppets."
    • Disney Intermission - Groundbreaking Blu-ray feature. Pausing a movie will never be this much fun, as the Muppets take over the screen every time you stop the disc!
    • Scratching The Surface: A Hasty Examination of the Making of Disney's "The Muppets." Hosted by unit production manager monster J.G., the cast and crew take a behind the scenes look at making Muppet and movie history.
    • Explaining Evil: The Full Tex Richman Song. Rapping his way through the story of his miserable life, Tex tells audiences why he turned out to be such a rotten guy.
    • A Little Screen Test on the way to the Read Through. This hilarious footage follows the Muppet gang as they go to their first table reading of the script.
    • Eight Deleted Scenes
    • Audio Commentary with Jason Segel, James Bobin and Nicholas Stoller
    • Hidden Easter Eggs
    • Theatrical spoof trailers (Value Pack Only)
    • The Complete Soundtrack (Value Pack Only)

6. dwayne1115

you have to admit that even if it is only on blu ray that is a lot of featurs

7. ploobis

ploobis Well-Known Member

I've already checked out Blue-Ray players at Best Buy and their prices are pretty fare. :)

8. dwayne1115

sure and I'm sure you could find an even cheaper used on on ebay, or other sites like that.

ploobis likes this.
  9. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

The problem is the recession. I don't have the money to buy a Blu Ray player right now, even a cheap one. Especially when my DVD player works just fine. Though heck I don't even feel comfortable buying a new DVD right now, lol. I have priorities to think about. Again the country is in the middle of a recession and everyone seems to know it except the companies.

10. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Yep. Again, can someone explain how it would cost Disney extra money to have put all the blu ray features on the dvd? Or is this just them being jerks?

11. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

It does feel like a form of Planned Obsolescence: "A business strategy in which the obsolescence (the process of becoming obsolete—that is, unfashionable or no longer usable) of a product is planned and built into it from its conception. This is done so that in future the consumer feels a need to purchase new products and services that the manufacturer brings out as replacements for the old ones."

http://www.economist.com/node/13354332

12. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Yep. Hence why these companies will never get my money for the foreseeable future.

Physical media is dying and wont be worth anything, and definitely not the 30 bucks they charge.

13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Exactly what I was saying. It's not like it's delaying digital media. If it was, at least I'd give it Blu the time of day. Sony's clearly double dealing with these companies to put the special features on that slightly higher quality same technology format to sell big expensive soon to be door stops. We're going to have to wind up buying everything back up again (unless someone has the technology to rip DVD's)

14. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

There has been a rumor of a big Muppet blu-ray box set featuring those movies plus The Muppets, The Muppet Christmas Carol, Muppet Treasure Island, The Muppets' Wizard of Oz, and Letters to Santa, but as of now it's not known if the rumor is true.

Tough Pigs posted an article on known deleted scenes here http://www.toughpigs.com/muppets-unseen/

That listed 11 things. The extended Tex Richman rap is listed as a seperate feature, a Muppets Studio logo shouldn't really count, and I think the red carpet/prision scene are all part of the same sequence, so.... We've got 8! It also mentioned many celebrities, who may or may not be part of known deleted scenes.

Interestingly, there was a scene where they explain Thog's bigger size (I don't recall reading any such confirmation before). If that's true, then we could have gotten to hear Thog speak (though Thog still had his own scene, being stuck in the arches). When it comes to deleting a Thog scene, and a Clifford scene, I wonder if these might have been cut for providing too much obscure or semi-obscure in-jokes/fan service (though I don't know what Clifford's supposed pressence would have been).

15. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

clifford was in this ?

16. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I'm with you on this one. Let me know when you find a good copy.

17. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Do it. I already sent something, got nothing back, but if they get a lot of those, it MIGHT help.

heralde likes this.
  18. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

There was an article on The Muppet Mindset written by somebody who attended a public appearance by Kevin Clash regarding Being Elmo, and it was said that Clifford would be in the movie, though the writer didn't say how (and I doubt Kevin Clash would have splurged details). But I didn't spot Clifford in the movie. Hopefully if he had his own scene it'll make it to the deleted scenes.

19. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

20. If anyone gets any information on whether the BluRay will play on multi region players, please post it here! Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.