Pre-Order: "The Muppets" on Blu-ray and DVD coming March 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Yet they feature Dr Teeth who has a very small part.
But for that I'm extremely grateful!! :big_grin: He's one of the many that have been too overlooked in the past... and one of my favorite characters too, heh heh. Well, all of Jim's characters have always held a special place in my heart.

But I DO see what you mean, lol. They coulda just made things a bit smaller to better fit Gonzo and Scooter in. Thank God they got Rowlf on the cover at least!!

Writersright

Reaction score
But for that I'm extremely grateful!! :big_grin: He's one of the many that have been too overlooked in the past... and one of my favorite characters too, heh heh. Well, all of Jim's characters have always held a special place in my heart.

But I DO see what you mean, lol. They coulda just made things a bit smaller to better fit Gonzo and Scooter in. Thank God they got Rowlf on the cover at least!!
I like Teeth too and Baretta does a spot on performance since he took over the role. It's really hard to hear the difference between his Teeth and Henson's.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
It is a disappointment that Gonzo's head is blocked by Amy Adams :concern:, but is there really need for such a fuss? I'm sure we will be delighted by Disney in the near future. I really can't wait to see what's in store for bonus features on this DVD. Maybe a game or two would be nice. Deleted scenes are a MUST, as well as behind the scenes. I imagine them putting all the trailers/parody trailers on the DVD.

Writersright

Reaction score
It is a disappointment that Gonzo's head is blocked by Amy Adams :concern:, but is there really need for such a fuss? I'm sure we will be delighted by Disney in the near future. I really can't wait to see what's in store for bonus features on this DVD. Maybe a game or two would be nice. Deleted scenes are a MUST, as well as behind the scenes. I imagine them putting all the trailers/parody trailers on the DVD.
I'd like to see interviews with the Muppeteers opposed to interviews with the Muppets and/or the human cast. DVD/BluRay games don't interest me since they take up valuable space and are generally pretty boring. The last one I played was the wild mine cart ride on the Snow White BD though.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Agreed! Though I will add that I'd like to see interviews with the Muppeteers in ADDITION to the Muppets and human cast, hee-hee.

I keep checking UltimateDisney to see if they've gotten their set for review yet, but no dice. :sigh:

zns

Reaction score
I am praying for great bonus features on this set. Let's hope that Disney pulls out all the stops on this set.

Puppet crazy

Reaction score
I agree with most people here. I'm hoping they re edit the movie with some extra scenes. Especially the ending.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree with most people here. I'm hoping they re edit the movie with some extra scenes. Especially the ending.
Muppet Wizard of Oz and Letters to Santa were both extended when they were released on DVD... That song was added back into Muppet Christmas Carol. Unless they took the digital transfer of the film directly after the final edit, off to the theaters sources (which I'm assuming happens with every home video release), they really should put the more important edited scenes back into the movie (at the very least the full version of Tex's Song, which not only explains the vendetta, but it also was the set up to the ending's punchline, which just becomes non-sequitor). Other major edited sequences should be included in the bonus features, but the song's full inclusion only adds to concepts in the film that weren't there in the final version.

Like I said before, the running gag is that Tex can't even chortle maniacally correctly. It makes no sense without that bit.

beaker

Reaction score
I am praying for great bonus features on this set. Let's hope that Disney pulls out all the stops on this set.
*crossing fingers it's not a bare bones release* Hopefully by mid feb we'll know?

Status
Not open for further replies.