Pre-Order: "The Muppets" on Blu-ray and DVD coming March 20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'll end up getting the Blue-Ray/DVD combo. My friend has a Blue-Ray player so I may able to work something out there. VERY stupid move on Disney's part, I'll say.
It's not just Disney. It's all of them. It's all about selling the high end players that are going to be obsolete in a few years.

Of all the gripes had with the movie, the one consistent one is that there wasn't enough of it. I don't like not being able to see these unless I buy a premium format and a premium player. I can live without a making of, a commentary, a blooper reel, Disney intermission, easter eggs and all that if they could just put the deleted scenes, even just the Tex Richman extended song, on the standard DVD, I'll be happy.

I'm not saying this as sour grapes, I'm not saying this as a curmudgeon who refuses new technology, I'm saying this as a consumer who wants to support the Muppets and Disney's ownership, leading to new projects down the line, who is disappointed at the politicking that lead to the end decision.

ploobis

Reaction score
Does anybody here think we should email Disney Info about including all the bonus features on both DVD and Blue-Ray? just a thought.

beaker

Reaction score
They apparently flip flopped, or that was bad information. everything but the blooper reel is blu-ray exclusive. I really hope we can get them to change their minds and at LEAST put the deleted sequences on the standard disk, but it's probably too late.

A very bullocks move.
sweet, torrent time. *expletive deleted* Disney. Consumers shouldnt play their games. If they dont want to support dvd, then dont release a dvd. It costs NOTHING EXTRA to put the same dvd extras on the dvd. Scott Pilgrim dvd has a lot of the blu ray extras , all on one disc. Its just a BULLY tactic is all. One I absolutely will not support

Drtooth

Reaction score
sweet, torrent time. *expletive deleted* Disney. Consumers shouldnt play their games. If they dont want to support dvd, then dont release a dvd. It costs NOTHING EXTRA to put the same dvd extras on the dvd. Scott Pilgrim dvd has a lot of the blu ray extras , all on one disc. Its just a BULLY tactic is all. One I absolutely will not support
Yeah. It's ALL of them. There has to be some sort of payola and kickbacks involved. I don't mind if some extras are Blu exclusive, I don't mind if very specifically interactive extras that cannot be translated to DVD are missing. But Deleted scenes being Blu-exclusive? That's terrible.

If and only if I can get the Poo-ray cheap and pray that I actually can find a place to play it, I'll buy it. If I get the standard edition as a gift, I'll return it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
so do we know if the other movies are getting put on blu ray as well?
because I would love to see the older movies get some nice featuers as well.

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
I'd love to know that too, or even talk about it! But didnt you know? These threads are strictly for discussing the horribleness (is that a word? Lol) of blu-ray. :frown:

Farron

Reaction score
Yeah.. after not staying in touch withthe Muppets for a number of years I recently got back into them and the only movies I have are the two that Sony released on blu-ray. Really wanting Disney to get it together and just release the rest on blu ray now rather than wondering what their plans are and if they'll ever get released.

Disney are great with with their blu rays when they do do them, so I'd expect them to have a few more features compared to what Sony did with their muppets releases so maybe that's one reason for the wait.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
What where the Sony blu rays like just the dvd features on the blu ray?

Status
Not open for further replies.