Preliminary Thoughts on Master Replica's Fozzie Bear

MWoO

Reaction score
I feel betrayed after we were told that Gonzo had gone back to the drawing board and that Amy told us that his nose was still being tweeked, yet we still have the sock nose!
Like i said, just because they went back to the drawing board doesn't mean they wouldn't draw something worse, or in this case the same.

Is it me or does the nose in the MR pics look like the flocked one Travis mentioned?

Anyway, I really would have liked to buy Gonzo but too many issues with the likeness bother me. I mean all they had to do was get the face right at least and I would have ignored the "sock" but the eyes are too far apart again, due to the stupid white eyelid shells, and the mouth isn't right and the pupils aren't focused right. I wish they would just drop those white shells and give us proper eye placement.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
From the MR replicas forum I clicked on the Kermit's world tour banner then on the The Great Gonzo Photo Puppet LE Pre-Order! "View Article" link It then gives this info
$299.00 each
Collectors Society Pre-Order Date: November 7, 2007 (9:00am PST)
General Public Pre-Order Date: November 8, 2007 (9:00am PST)
Expected to ship: Spring ‘08

So either he shipped ahead of time or they consider this spring. I don't know speculating. But they are also saying Fozzie pre-order in Spring '08. Thoughts?

Luke

Reaction score
I am soooooooooo looking forward to Fozzie. It's the main one i've always wanted and i have friends who wouldn't usually buy these who also want a Fozzie. I think he will be the breakout one that could boost the line to make sure it continues. I just so hope that with Travis on board, a perfect prototype, and the new factory they manage to get him perfect without any of the major kinks they've had recently.

Bring on da Bear!

ButchCat

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a quick word about Fozzie’s fur being different than the original’s. When Master Replicas got me the Fozzie Bible and patterns they also asked Puppet Heap if they had any of Fozzie’s original fur on hand and sadly they did not all they could do was give me a very small sample of the fur and they got that off of a Fozzie puppet. So it’s all gone. We could not get our hands on it at all.

With swatch in hand I looked high and low. I even had Propologust help in the search. The stuff is just not made anymore and hasn’t been made for years. It took me a very long time to find what Propologust found and even that is gone now. I can’t even make myself my own Fozzie Bear because I am out of this stuff. We had the same problem with Gonzo. How ever Propologist did find me some fur that was dead on to Gonzo’s original fur but again there was not much. :frown:

Don’t get me started with how much of a pain in the A….. it was to dye this stuff. :grouchy: OK, OK breathe deeply! I’m good. Well I guess that’s it for now gang.

Take care and have fun, :excited:

Terry Angus

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Wow so really all the swatch was good for was color matching? At least it did help eh? I actually thought your proto looked more like fozzie than Fozzie's on screen. I honestly think his looks are dead on. So what your saying is you would have to go through that dying process to have fur to create a fozzie of your own. If you don't mind me asking, from beginning to end, how long did it take to build the proto? Thanks for the insight.

Kevin

Luke

Reaction score
I honestly think his looks are dead on.
There is the picture of Fozzie and Kermit outside together, i honestly thought that was a frame from one of the movies, and several other people i have shown it to thought the same. I think the work Terry has put into these prototypes is amazing and i just hope the finished product does his work justice as that will take pride of place in my home - probably with a rubber chicken and oversized sunglasses, lol. :embarrassed:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Fozzie pre order

From the MR replicas forum I clicked on the Kermit's world tour banner then on the The Great Gonzo Photo Puppet LE Pre-Order! "View Article" link It then gives this info
$299.00 each
Collectors Society Pre-Order Date: November 7, 2007 (9:00am PST)
General Public Pre-Order Date: November 8, 2007 (9:00am PST)
Expected to ship: Spring ‘08

So either he shipped ahead of time or they consider this spring. I don't know speculating. But they are also saying Fozzie pre-order in Spring '08. Thoughts?
That is the preliminary information that Amy gave us last year.
However in a recent Ask Travis thread, someone asked when pre order would be and Travis said he didnt want to mis-speak at the early stage in the game.So it wont be next month.Maybe april/May.Travis said he was looking at a 6 month window with Fozzie shipping 3rd or 4th quarter.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:embarrassed: It appears they are about to start factory production on Fozzie. I doubt pre-orders will be available until they have a factory sample to photograph. I was amazed that Gonzo got to me so soon after he was ordered. I'm looking at the little guy right now. :concern: His little shoes.

I suspect that Fozzie won't see customers before October. Just a guess when factoring in how long it takes to go through each process. I also can't believe Gonzo and Animal arrived at my apartment a month apart when it took a year between Kermit and Animal! If not one Muppet were made after Gonzo, I'd still feel these seem complete enough. I still really want Fozzie and Piggy! Scooter and Pepe follow right after that as indulgences. :rolleyes:

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Really? Complete without Fozzie? :embarrassed:

LOL, kidding, but yeah, I love that bear. He & Rowlf are who I need to feel complete. I can do without Piggy (can I?), but don'ta getta me wrongo, I'm buyin' her as soon as she's available.

Terry's Fozzie is so fantastically perfect, I can hardly wait to see some factory proto pics! I wish the same factory was doing him though, but maybe the new one will surprise us by paying a little more attention to the minute details. :insatiable:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
With Travis on board now and he is going to see that Fozzie is done right. I knowwe are going to get a really good product when Fozzie comes out!