Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

Telly

Reaction score
That's fricken adorable!
I was just wondering how much taller Fozzie's gonna be than Kermit. When I first got the Series 2 Palisades Fozzie, it threw me off how much taller he was than Kermit. I was used to seeing them from the waist/midchest up. Then it made sense to me that the puppets are probably that much height difference. It's just that when they're being lifted above the performer's head, they're obviously going to be much taller. Does that make sense? It made sense in my head. :confused:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
These are only photo "replicas" that are being made, not actual Muppets for use on TV so I don't see using different materials as being an issue just as long as it looks good. The Kermit replica was advertised as made from "similar" materials not the same ones. Whatever they choose for Gonzo's nose and ultimately Piggy's face will be fine as long as it looks good at the end. They don't need to use the same materials, especially if it means the replica will have a relatively short shelf life.
I think using antron fleece for Gonzo's nose would be fine as long as they get it the right colour and shape. I would prefer this to the rigid nose idea.
Once again guys, I'd like to add that we should be happy that these replicas are happening at all and for a very affordable price!

MWoO

Reaction score
Fleece does not look like foam and will not look right. You said it yourself, whatever is used has to look right. As for the we should be happy we get anything comment, no we shouldn't. If we are spending 250 on Gonzo it should look right. Sure some things being off are part of the process, but the nose is basically the defining feature. It has to look right.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I think that we should all stop worrying about Gonzo's nose. If they cant get it right then I bet Fozzie will come along quicker which I dont mind.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
That's fricken adorable!
I was just wondering how much taller Fozzie's gonna be than Kermit. When I first got the Series 2 Palisades Fozzie, it threw me off how much taller he was than Kermit. I was used to seeing them from the waist/midchest up. Then it made sense to me that the puppets are probably that much height difference. It's just that when they're being lifted above the performer's head, they're obviously going to be much taller. Does that make sense? It made sense in my head. :confused:
Yes, I know exactly what you're trying to say. The height difference of the puppets is different than the height difference of the full body posers. If they were consistent, there'd be no way to get Kermit and Fozzie in the same shot on TV without the puppeteers showing.

That said, Kermit is 24.5" tall and Fozzie is 44" tall. Fozzie is almost twice as tall as Kermit.

:stick_out_tongue:

Telly

Reaction score
I can't wait to get Fozzie so I can hug him! :flirt:
Actually one of the things I wanna do with him is...
My friend Heidi's a big Fozzie fan. When I get the Fozzie replica, I'm going to take a group picture of her, myself, Fozzie, and some other friends. Then I'm going too buy a frame and put the scrapbooking stickers on it (http://store.scrapbooking-warehouse.com/323140.html). I probably won't be able to do that until her birthday (which was just last week) next year though cuz I don't think Fozzie's gonna make it to the door before Christmas! :wink:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Fleece does not look like foam and will not look right. You said it yourself, whatever is used has to look right. As for the we should be happy we get anything comment, no we shouldn't. If we are spending 250 on Gonzo it should look right. Sure some things being off are part of the process, but the nose is basically the defining feature. It has to look right.
I don't think we can expect it to look exactly like the real thing at around $199. The real Muppet posers would and do cost a great deal more than that to make. I am not a puppet builder myself but I have spoken to a few and they spend many hundreds on materials and time. I don't mind the Gonzo being slightly off and I would rather that than not see him created at all. It would be a real shame to have Kermit, Fozzie, Animal and Piggy but without their weirdo!

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I don't think we can expect it to look exactly like the real thing at around $199. The real Muppet posers would and do cost a great deal more than that to make. I am not a puppet builder myself but I have spoken to a few and they spend many hundreds on materials and time. I don't mind the Gonzo being slightly off and I would rather that than not see him created at all. It would be a real shame to have Kermit, Fozzie, Animal and Piggy but without their weirdo!
This is why I said earlier that I think MR is in a no-win situation at this point. I have exactly the opposite opinion. If he can't be done right, I'd rather not have him at all. And in fact, I won't buy him if I don't like the way he looks. I want an "authentic replica", not another toy.

:stick_out_tongue:

Telly

Reaction score
Someone mentioned a suggestion about being able to take off the foam part on Gonzo and replacing when needbe. I would be up for that. Maybe they could offer replacement noses through their site?