Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Just think of the feeling the fine people at Master Replicas will feel if they fine a solution to please the MAJORITY (cuz you can't please EVERYBODY) of the people and jump this hurdle? :big_grin:

I often wonder that myself....I wished I knew what was going through minds right now.

Telly

Reaction score
I say they should drop the price by $50 (or something) and sell Gonzo with the scott foam nose and offer replacement noses

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
How would you attatch a replcement nose when the old one deteriorates? Wouldn't that also be a problem, making a nose that can be removed easily and replaced? It wouldn't be only the nose either, it would be the whole mouth area too.

chequepoint

Reaction score
In addition, when the noses finally start to go, MR probably won't hold the license to produce them.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
You know, I was only half-kidding when I originally suggested the replacement noses, but looking at the replica again, I think they could make the whole nose and mouth unit just snap onto the figure. As far as the license running out, MR could make up 100 extra nose and mouth units now and store them away under proper conditions for when they might be needed.

:stick_out_tongue:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
You know, I was only half-kidding when I originally suggested the replacement noses, but looking at the replica again, I think they could make the whole nose and mouth unit just snap onto the figure. As far as the license running out, MR could make up 100 extra nose and mouth units now and store them away under proper conditions for when they might be needed.

'Phone Rings' rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrinnnnnnng "Um hello, Master Replicas? Can you please send me a new nose for my Gonzo? His nose broke and fell off. How many do I need? Oh...I'd say about a case or two." :concern:

MWoO

Reaction score

I don't think that's gonna work.

1. More than 100 Gonzo's will be made.
2. If the foam degrades faster for some people you'll likely see more than 1 nose replaced per replica.
3. The cost of storing that many Gonzo noses in proper conditions would probably cost more than the profit gained from the original sale of Gonzo, especially if they are expected to replace noses 30+ years down the line.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Master Replicas must have found a solution as I got a newsletter and under coming soon is the Great Gonzo photo puppet.Yaah! Wonder what they will do?

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Master Replicas must have found a solution as I got a newsletter and under coming soon is the Great Gonzo photo puppet.Yaah! Wonder what they will do?
That wasn't recently was it? Cause I got one awhile back for Comic Con and it said that. But nothing after that.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
It was in the newsletter I got yesterday. But all it says is, "Coming soon: The Great Gonzo Photo Puppet Pre-Order!"

There's nothing on the website about it at all. And we all know how much time elapses between the pre-orders and the shipping dates.