Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

muppetguy

Reaction score
Oh..I can't wait!

Oh guys, I can't wait. I can't wait for the next two weeks....I want to pre-order Gonzo....can't wait to see the pics of him. I also can't wait to see how Terry is going to attack the Piggy Project. I have always wanted Piggy, I just can't wait to have her! I agree about Scooter, I thinks he's more popular, but then....it all depends on the powers that be, who's next after rizzo. So we know we have Gonzo, then Fozzie, then Piggy...then...Rizzo. Oh I am SO excited!:mad:

chequepoint

Reaction score
Rizzo is more well known than scooter? On what planet? Rizzo was barely on the muppet show. Scooter is one of the first characters we are introduced to, is a central component in every episode, and was a muppet baby. I understand that over the years, Rizzo has moved into the spotlight as a way to draw attention away from Kermit and the fact that it's not Jim's voice, but to me the Muppets are really defined by the Muppet Show.

Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Piggy, Scooter, and Rowlf, followed closely by the Electric Mayhem and the "B" cast of Sam, Statler, Waldorf, the Chef, Bunsen and Beaker.

That gives them 17 "essential" characters to hit before I would miss Rizzo or Pepe.

I get that Rizzo, Pepe, and Robin will be great low cost filler characters that may let them squeeze out 3 characters in a year. Fantastic. But to say that Scooter isn't that popular or well known is silly. Scooter would be a great $200 character, and I would be a lot more likely to spend $200 on scooter than $400 on Piggy.

Piggy products always tanked for Palisades anyways..

doc hopper

Reaction score
Did Amy mean that there was another photo puppet coming besides Rizzo, Fozzie and Miss Piggy? or is she just talking about the photo puppets we already knew about?

MWoO

Reaction score
Hi Antondavanzo,

What Muppets would I like to see getting made? I tried to talk Travis into having Scooter come in next after Rizzo. I told Travis that it would be a great tribute to Richard Hunt. but I was told that he's not as well known to which I disagree with So sadly I don't think he's going to be on the list. I would also like to see the rest of the Mayham Band come out. I'd start with Floyd then Janice and so on. I'd also love to see Rowlf come out too. I could go on but why bore everyone with a list. As to who will really come out I do not know yet. That's it for now.

Take care all and have fun,

Terry Angus
Scooter not as well known?

That's just stupid. The people who buy these things will know who Scooter is. And frankly Scooter just LOOKS GOOD which is most important here. He's got the perfect color scheme and an interesting look and out fit.

Travis, what are you thinking?

vaderdentist

Reaction score
Fozzie

Now that's Fozzie Bear! Nice job Terry! Man I'm dying to get Animal now. :smile:

Dave

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Well I am sure that Disney had to approve Gonzo nose in order to put him up for pre-order. It must have been taken care of and they are ok with it. I cannot wait to see him myself. This is just too kewl! :concern:

As for Scooter, I agree with you all. I think that he would come next after Rizzo, but it looks like it is out of our hands and in MR's. :wink:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Yaay! Two more weeks till Gonzo's pre order.Although it looks like I will have to re study my psychic prediction of a Halloween pre order.At least I was half right that we got an announcement in that time. With regards to Scooter's popularity, yes he was popular on the muppet show, opening every episode with a guest time call, but I guess he is deemed not as popular now because the muppet show isnt screened much and it is now the later movies that get repeated where Scooter takes a low profile.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
With regards to Scooter's popularity, yes he was popular on the muppet show, opening every episode with a guest time call, but I guess he is deemed not as popular now because the muppet show isnt screened much and it is now the later movies that get repeated where Scooter takes a low profile.
Well, I would agree with you except for the fact that they've recently released the first two seasons of The Muppet Show on DVD, making them just as visible as the movies.

I have to respectfully disagree with Travis on this one, too.

:stick_out_tongue:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I get that Rizzo, Pepe, and Robin will be great low cost filler characters that may let them squeeze out 3 characters in a year. Fantastic. But to say that Scooter isn't that popular or well known is silly. Scooter would be a great $200 character, and I would be a lot more likely to spend $200 on scooter than $400 on Piggy.

Piggy products always tanked for Palisades anyways..
I know we're in the minority here, and everyone is entitled to like the characters they like, but I agree with you on this. I've never been a Piggy fan. She serves a purpose as a character in the group, but I find her self-indulgence, jealousy and ego more annoying than funny. The only reason I can stand her at all is because Frank Oz is such a genius that he can take a character like that and turn it funny (sometimes). I'd much rather have Rowlf or Scooter than Piggy.

It's interesting to hear that the Palisades toys of her didn't do well.

:stick_out_tongue:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Of Scooters, Beakers, Rizzos and Rowlfs!

:eek: To be honest, I think Beaker would sell better than Scooter. However, I would much prefer Scooter.

I've never been much of a Rizzo fan. He's okay and I like the Muppet rats, but if there's a character (other than Kermit) that epitomizes the Muppet Show's backstage experience - it's Scooter.

Anyone who's watched the Muppet Show knows him as he did open most every episode! Asking a non-fan's perspective on the subject (as what appears to have happened here at MR) to make the final determination might have been a good idea, but isn't it the uber-fans laying down the cash for these?

Seeing how Kermit hasn't sold through I get why Scooter might not be made. To be fair, that is a good indicator. Again, Beaker is likely the best bet. He doesn't really need Bunsen (even though I'd prefer them together), and he'd be a good tribute to Hunt.

If we're talking Electric Mayhem members - Floyd and Zoot (no matter how much I appreciate them) would not sell as well as Scooter. I would like to have the whole band! I'd like a Pepe too. Statler and Waldorf would be nice as would Sam! And I'm expecting Rowlf to be made if the line continues past Rizzo. :sympathy:

One note to Master Replicas - even though the Muppet Rats do look different, the Rizzo pattern could be skillfully and economically altered for a generic or customizable rat that could be an anchor in the line to make cash so that fan-faves can be released. I still think Scooter is a must. :wink: