Preorder the Animal Muppet Replica

Telly

Reaction score
This is in regards to Palisades' Piggy not selling very well. I've on on many various action figure websites that female figures don't sell well in general. I think it's unfair to blame Piggy herself for not selling that well. As far as Master Replicas selling a Piggy poser, I'm ALL for it! Just imagine the poses you could do for pictures! You could make your own Piggy calendar! I personally think she'd be fun to pose!

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
This is in regards to Palisades' Piggy not selling very well. I've on on many various action figure websites that female figures don't sell well in general. I think it's unfair to blame Piggy herself for not selling that well. As far as Master Replicas selling a Piggy poser, I'm ALL for it! Just imagine the poses you could do for pictures! You could make your own Piggy calendar! I personally think she'd be fun to pose!

That's quite true about female figures. In the Star Wars Hasbro line, Princess Leia is not produced thyat much. Laster year, I think we had only one or two different versions made out of almost sixty figures for the year. Hasbro also said that female figures are not really that popular among young boys. They are more into action figres with toy guns and army builders. So I can see they would not be that popular. But when it comes to replicas, I do not think that would matter since it is a collection item and not a toy. I still think the pig rules just because she's a Muppet, and I cannot wait to get her as well! :mad:

King Prawn

Reaction score
I've had :halo: preordered for a while now and I can't wait to order :concern:
As for Miss Piggy she's one of the three Muppets I really want to see done in this line (Dr. Teeth & Pepe being the other two).

There's so much Miss Piggy Merchandise out there but nothing really captures the Pig perfectly, I'm sure if Master Replicas attempted to do a Miss Piggy Replica we'd all have one decent Miss Piggy Merchandise in our collections... though I like my Pigs In Space Piggy Figure.

I'm really hoping the Miss Piggy replica actually gets made, I'd love to own that.

Kermit
Animal
Gonzo
Fozzie
Miss Piggy
Rizzo

Wouldn't that list look much better with Scooter at the end instead of Rizzo :wink:

And not that I don't like Rizzo but if he's been chosen due to his size meaning he would cost a little less, which is what we might need after purchasing a giant Fozzie & Piggy I'd still rather have Pepe over Rizzo if it were a smaller character that would have to be next.

Still I'll take whatever MR decide to put out

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I think Rizzo would be preferable over Pepe but there are so many great characters from the early days of The Muppet Show they could and should do first.
I can't wait to see photos of the new Gonzo replica with the new nose job. Also, has anyone yet seen the finished Animal posers from China? It'd be nice to get a glimpse before they start shipping.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Amy, Can you please give us a preview of the latest Gonzo prototype?

MWoO

Reaction score
We'll likely see one when it goes up for pre-order.

vaderdentist

Reaction score
Pepe is the new spokesperson for the muppets if you watch commercials. Almost all the ads feature Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, Animal, Fozzie and Pepe.

Aside from Animal and Kermit, Pepe is my all time favorite. His characters personality is just fantastic.

Dave :smile:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Well, I would agree with you except for the fact that they've recently released the first two seasons of The Muppet Show on DVD, making them just as visible as the movies.

:stick_out_tongue:
True, but you have to go and get the DVDs to see them.My point stands from a domestic point of view.however, Scooter is always one of my favourites.I remember he was in the main muppet group of 7, along with kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal and Rowlf.Nowadays, Scooter and Rowlf have been replaced with PePe, Rizzo and the Swedish chef.:wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'd vote for Pepe over Rizzo. I for a generic rat over Rizzo (maybe in GMC bellhop garb and/or other outfits). However, I do understand the appeal of Rizzo, but these days it's a tough call to say which one is more popular - Rizzo or Pepe. People know and like the prawn. But do those people have moneys? :rolleyes:

This Gonzo development is making me hopeful. I want pics too! :concern:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Got an email today saying there are less than 300 Kermits left.My guess is that it will still take a while to sell, as they are offering discounts to sell them, which means they have either stopped moving or going very slow.