President Obama!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I personally think that once people stop trying to push their views in other peoples faces, and when people stop trying to shove what they think and what they want and just start to find the love in their hearts toward their fellow human beings, then this place would be a lot better than it was regardless of WHO'S president.

Daniel
I definitely agree, no one should push their beliefs on others, that won't get them to listen anyway, lol. I don't think it's wrong to try and convince people about important issues, but it's all in how you approach it. :smile:

Teheheman

Reaction score
Exactly, but ya know what I forgot to say in that post? LOVE EVERYBODY! No matter if you're red or blue or independent, no matter if you are for or oppose a certain piece of legislature, no matter whether you're black, white, mixed, straight, gay, whatever you are, you should learn to love cause love is the best emotion that one person can feel for another person whether it's love in friendship or love of self, or love of a special man or woman. That's how we can get together as a country. We can get together by saying "I don't care if you're a democrat, or a republican, I'm gonna work with you because we're all part of one race. The human race" I know it's corny, but it's true. If we can stop just beating each other up because of our opinions of the other persons life, then we can be a better country, a stronger country, a stronger world, and a great example for our kids and grandkids among others for generations to come. LOVE EVERYBODY. I'm Daniel Croxton and I approve this message

Daniel

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Exactly, but ya know what I forgot to say in that post? LOVE EVERYBODY!
Yeah cause that's like your trade mark! :wink:

And you're right, as Harry Belafonte would say, "There really isn't any difference in any of us if we take the time to understand one another."

Teheheman

Reaction score
Kind of, I like to think of myself as the "Universal Minister of Love" for this forum. I kinda like taking on the Big Kenny role myself. He's the one who is the REAL Universal Minister of Love, I can't compete with him but like LuvjOi said in 'Discoball' "Little blue ball and a big black sky and I don't know why anybody doesn't understand, all we really gotta do is love your fellow man"

Daniel

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I personally think that once people stop trying to push their views in other peoples faces, and when people stop trying to shove what they think and what they want and just start to find the love in their hearts toward their fellow human beings, then this place would be a lot better than it was regardless of WHO'S president.

Daniel
I get where you're coming from, but some folk think that holding the hand of my partner for two years in the grocery store and for us wanting the option to marry and build a life together is "flaunting" ourselves or "shoving" our opinions in the faces of others who would disagree.

I don't see how preventing us rights as a recognized couple would hurt the religious folk against us. I personally see that as the shoving aspect. I don't see how giving one group freedoms limits that of others and anytime that comes up there's some prominent religious leader saying that it opens up a whole preposterous can of worms.

The fact that about half of the Republicans at their National Convention agreed with gay marriage and/or unions leads me to believe that most of this propaganda against it is created and spread by a smaller, but vocal section of religious conservative leaders. I think that they could be afraid of losing the power and relevance they once had. I feel if this continues those particular leaders will lose bigger in the long run and that would be a shame because there are some good deeds done through their organizations.

On a different topic, a good friend of mine is a big supporter of rescue shelters for pets. It's a cool thing and when she asked me to sign up to help a particular site I did it without question, but now I'm being spammed by so many animal rights topics. One of the emails was a cry to help the homeless animals in Iraq! While my heart goes out to those needy pets, it was the last straw for me. I'm about people first. Gay people, straight people, Christian people, Jewish people, black people, white people...you know...people - people. There are enough problems in Iraq without sending money to help pets.

I just felt that applied here because it clarified just how I feel about life and politics in general. I am very much a people first fella. All people. :wink:

Teheheman

Reaction score
I just found it funny that Biden said that an Obama/Biden administration wouldn't give gays the right to marry, but give them rights to everything else. I think that's probably the big thing they're looking for. I really don't care if gays marry to tell you the truth. I know that a lot of people are gonna be mad at me for saying that but I don't care. I think that we have bigger things to worry about than if Steve marries Joe or whatever ya know? It's not like society as we know it is gonna crumble and we're all gonna die because a man married another man or a woman married another woman.

Daniel

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I just found it funny that Biden said that an Obama/Biden administration wouldn't give gays the right to marry, but give them rights to everything else. I think that's probably the big thing they're looking for. I really don't care if gays marry to tell you the truth. I know that a lot of people are gonna be mad at me for saying that but I don't care. I think that we have bigger things to worry about than if Steve marries Joe or whatever ya know? It's not like society as we know it is gonna crumble and we're all gonna die because a man married another man or a woman married another woman.

Daniel
I have always been unimpressed with Biden's views on the subject, but both seem to be more supportive than the Clinton or Bush legacies. It will take time.

There are already many California rallies against the recent Prop 8 decision, but personally I think we should march on Utah, since most of the money in support of that proposition came from them. I’m not really that serious about it, but it is a little funny to imagine several thousand (or million) gay people and their families in front of the church headquarters largely responsible for the sleazy ad campaign.

As far as the Obama win - I’m reminded of the end of “The Graduate” when the last shot turns from an adrenaline rush to a “so now what” sort of feel. I’m getting a bit of that right now, however still remain hopeful.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Fragglemuppet! Now I've got that Irish Obama song stuck in my head! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! :wink:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I would like to say how I feel about the Gay conversation going on here, but I'm afried that it would not be well received so I'm keeping quite for the most part. I do however have one question. If men where to be in love with other men or the same with women, then why is there the other gender? I just don't understand that.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I would like to say how I feel about the Gay conversation going on here, but I'm afried that it would not be well received so I'm keeping quite for the most part. I do however have one question. If men where to be in love with other men or the same with women, then why is there the other gender? I just don't understand that.
The question isn't whether every person believes in a gay relationship's validity for whatever reason - it is that everyone should have the same rights, protections and privileges under the law. I won’t take issue with that particular statement just as I won’t shoot holes in the variety of religious theologies practiced by people all over the world. That, and whether one believes in the existence of gay people is a long, fruitless road of debate with perceived discrepancies from all perspectives. In other words, I've got the answer, I just won't post it here because it is not the place and there is no need.

What a person believes is their decision, but they should not have the right to prevent others to thrive because of it. That's the only understanding needed.