Puppetry

Iggy35

Reaction score
Doesn't anyoe on here make foam puppets that is in the UK??
Do puppet makers even excist in the UK??
Im beginning to doubt!
Try doing a search on ebay in the uk, you get a list of string and sock puppets.
Do it for the us and you get loads of cool things,...DONTCHA BUTCHCAT??? hehehe
Naah I just really need to find a half decent puppet maker in the uk to swap tips with.

IGGY35

monkeymuppet

Reaction score
It's so cool that there are so many puppeteers on this board, but its to be expected. Any teenage puppeteers out there? In Nashville I think I'm the only one. Oh well. It's still fun though.

Adios,
~Megan~

Chilly Down

Reaction score
I've been doing little puppet shows since I was a kid, and I helped my parents with several puppet shows at church during my teens. My most recent puppet experience was just messing around with a friend of mine and his digital camera. We got the toy Ernie and Berts up, and we recreated a few classic bits and then we just started goofing around. It was funny, though, because we actually hooked up an old computer monitor to the digital camera so we would watch what we were doing from behind the couch...the way the Henson people do it! That's the only time I've worked in that form before.

I also agree Kev's idea is great. I may try to bring some of my parent's puppets with, if they can bear to take the chance of it getting lost on the trip. Come to think, that idea makes me nervous too. Hmm. Well, we'll have to work out something. I'd love for us to all be sitting around a restaraunt having a bunch of puppets converse with each other! Till the paddywagons come for us, of course... :wink:

I agree that the biggest difficulty is finding other puppeteers. Are there any others out there in the Chicagoland area?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Chicagoland...

TheDude06 (S/N at the old forums) is Matt and he lives around there doing performances with comedy and magic. Maybe he'll post here, soon!

later,
FOZ

(PS, thanks for liking my idea!)

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Re: theDude

Yeah, I know Matt's up here too. He never responds to my posts though. Either he's extremely busy or I scared him somehow. :rolleyes: Thanks anyway!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Chilly Scaring theDude...

I'm not for sure, but that sequin dress and fish-net stockings could have been what scared him! LOL! JUST KIDDIN!!

I'll talk to him next time he's online. Are you interested in doing a puppet production or something? He's got some major performance work, and I know he's very busy, too.

E-mail me at FozzieMup@aol.com and I'll forward it on to him!

Later on!
FOZ

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Hey Foz!

I be a puppeteer too. I finally got my site completely up, so you can check out some more of my puppets at the www box at the bottom of this thing (nifty). Good stuff.

-"Scary" Larry Wolf

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya!!

yeah, I remember Larry!!

Hopefully, we can all get together again at the next MuppetFest! In some other thread I mentioned that the next MC Muppet Fest Family Reunion that we need to all bring our own puppets to meet and greet each other. Sorry that last year's didn't see Muley and Larry meeting. That could have been fun!

I'll check your website out in a bit!

later,
FOZ

fishbone

Reaction score
hey?

im in calfornia,i'm a puppeterr ,want to be full time,just started to buildworking on a girl monster,can anybody spare any photo copies of muppet style bodies, rom a book or somethng,i just have the head ,most of my puppets are made out of balls.o yeah ,im working with this guy out here named mike earl,now i just found out he was a puppeteer,but!!!!heres the kicker,i also heard from another puppeteer that this guy was one of the creators of snuffy? i find it a little hard to believe,but if you told me 5mnths ago that i was gunna meet pee-wee herman &david arqett,i would not believe it.

dwmckim

Reaction score
CLose enough...not a creator but he did Snuffy for a time after Jerry Nelson (the original performer) retired from the role due to back strain.