Questions about anything

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
probably because they won't have to face whatever punishment they get. But then again, depending on what the crime is, I sometimes think criminals do it to go out with a bang, no pun intended...

Of course, I've always been scared to ask those religious people who think that suicide is unforgivable and will send you straight to **** what they think about criminals doing it. I'd rather stay out of religious debates like that

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Let's see how Sarge can explain this one in a way that's easy for a dolt like me to understand...

So, lately, I've been noticing that video playback has these horizontal lines wherever there's a lot of action... I don't mean like those really tiny ones that come naturally when watching something that originated from video tape or something in VLC, I mean like this:

It seems like mostly videos on the web, like YT, Dailymotion, etc. are the ones that are affected the most, but it also occasionally happens when watching preview playback in Movie Maker as well.

Any suggestions?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Let's see how Sarge can explain this one in a way that's easy for a dolt like me to understand...

So, lately, I've been noticing that video playback has these horizontal lines wherever there's a lot of action... I don't mean like those really tiny ones that come naturally when watching something that originated from video tape or something in VLC, I mean like this:

It seems like mostly videos on the web, like YT, Dailymotion, etc. are the ones that are affected the most, but it also occasionally happens when watching preview playback in Movie Maker as well.

Any suggestions?
What you have is screen tearing. From what I can see, it is sometimes caused by videos not being displayed in their native resolution, but there doesn't seem to be any real fix from what I can see.

Your best bet is to do a clean install of your video drivers and see if that helps.

To figure out what graphics card you have if you don't already know go to

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device Manager > Display adapters

Then just find the drivers on the official website, download them and when you go to install, there SHOULD be a checkbox to do a clean install

If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you

D'Snowth

Reaction score
A'ight, that makes sense. Seems like it's more of an annoyance than an actual problem, so I won't worry about it too awful much.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Why is suicide considered a "cowardly act"? Well, for criminals, anyway? I honestly don't understand that.

I mean, yeah, fleeing from authorities and such, yeah, that's pretty cowardly, but I just don't see how the criminal killing himself is cowardly. An act of desperation? Yes. An act of stupidity? Perhaps. But an act of cowardice? I don't think so. I wouldn't call it an act of courage either, but if the criminal is WILLING to kill himself, I just fail to see how it's cowardly.
Back in January 1987, Pennsylvania State Treasurer Budd Dwyer was convicted on several charges of embezzlement, money laundering, etc., and was sentenced to a lengthy jail term. Before he was to begin his term, he called a press conference, protested about what he felt was the corruption of the judicial system, and then, on live tv
(I saw it as it happened, and haven't seen anything like this before or since) pulled out a gun and blew his brains out. (Occassionally this surfaces on youtube).

Some hailed him as a martyr. Others felt he did take the easy way out.
Coward or hero? I don't think either one fits him perfectly. At least he saved the taxpayers the expense of keeping him behind bars for the last 26 years.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If foreign URLs are disasters waiting to be clicked (like .ru or .jp URLs)... then how exactly are NORMAL people in those countries supposed to use the internet within their own ISPs and not be affected?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
If foreign URLs are disasters waiting to be clicked (like .ru or .jp URLs)... then how exactly are NORMAL people in those countries supposed to use the internet within their own ISPs and not be affected?
You make it sound like every single foreign website is dangerous. You could make the same generalization with .com websites. They browse the same as we do. Know what sites are safe and avoid the sketchy ones :/

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What you have is screen tearing. From what I can see, it is sometimes caused by videos not being displayed in their native resolution, but there doesn't seem to be any real fix from what I can see.

Your best bet is to do a clean install of your video drivers and see if that helps.

To figure out what graphics card you have if you don't already know go to

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device Manager > Display adapters

Then just find the drivers on the official website, download them and when you go to install, there SHOULD be a checkbox to do a clean install

If that doesn't work, I don't know what to tell you
Actually, apparently it turns out the problem was I was supposed to be using an Aero theme, and I wasn't.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm still not sure how people turn aero off. I don't even know the difference other than sometimes it turns aero off automatically when I play roms :/