Questions about anything

Hubert

Reaction score
That's true, it could be a person. Just shows how certain ways you look at nursery rhymes, they can be the most violent things...

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
That's true, it could be a person. Just shows how certain ways you look at nursery rhymes, they can be the most violent things...
"There I met an old man who would not say his prayers. I took him by the left leg and threw him down the stairs." My mother always hated these rhymes...

Hubert

Reaction score
In a way it reminds me of Shel Silverstein. Some of his stuff really looked like it was aimed at children, even though it was not, and instead more violent. See "You're Always Welcome at Our House" for an example...

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
I work in a daycare center and some of the 15, 16 year olds that work there part-time were shocked to find out that the Old Woman Who Lived in the Shoe did not "kiss (her kids) all soundly and send them to bed"... Yes, some of the things from my/our youth are now considered old-fashioned or (gasp) not "p.c.", but I also know some pretty sheltered teenagers.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
In a way it reminds me of Shel Silverstein. Some of his stuff really looked like it was aimed at children, even though it was not, and instead more violent. See "You're Always Welcome at Our House" for an example...
LOVE Unca Shel! Check out his "ABZ" for some really twisted stuff!

Question: WHY do humans move into deserts to live in the first place? I mean, who the heck came across the country, stopped in TX or AZ and said, "Hmm...it's dusty, dry, unsupportably hot and nothing grows here...think I'll stay!" HUH?
---------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why does Winnie the Pooh need a thinking spot to think?
Better yet... if his full name is Winnie the Pooh, why do we call him Pooh for short and not Winnie? Isn't that basically like if we all called Kermit the Frog Frog instead of Kermit?