1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Questions about anything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, May 8, 2012.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Um why thank you, lol.

I will say American society specifically is far too obsessed with the hair thing. I mean I shave my legs, but it shouldn't be such a big deal if women don't want to sometimes. As far as men, I actually do like a bit of hair on the chest, it does seem more natural.
  2. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I'll take it you're not from earth.

EDIT: ziffeled
  3. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Was it a good service?
  4. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

???
    We had lots of chicken
  5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

So you don't see anything of a little hidden double-standard as far as the follical follies of the sexes go?
  6. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I think the double standard I tend to notice is that men can walk around without worrying about showing hair but if women do it there's something wrong with them. Even though other countries have different standards. But in America we tend to think the way we do things is the only way.
  7. Mo Frackle

Chicken George or Chicken Little?
  8. Vincent Liu

I mean your time is FM instead of AM or PM.
  9. D'Snowth

That's kind of the vibe I'm sensing as to why some women these days are basically feeling they've had enough "oppression", and are going to just stop shaving anything all together... in fact, I'm pretty sure I read one woman's blog sometime back where she said something along the lines of, "Men don't have to shave their legs, so why should we?"

I'll tell you one double-standard that has been completely abolished, because even I can remember a time where if men shaved any body hair, it implied they were gay; now, it doesn't seem to matter one way or another.
  10. Vincent Liu

Why do new members sign up, but never post anything?
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  11. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I think many either just signed up to read or for advice on a puppet, or don't feel comfortable enough to sort of settle in. I think a lot of people are constantly afraid of saying or doing something wrong that they have a hard time getting comfortable here.
  12. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

How come cats always seem to decide that they need to goto bathroom while you are cleaning their litter?
  13. D'Snowth

I'm genuinely curious as to when exactly did we go from calling them "usernames" or "screen-names" to calling them "handles"?
  14. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I always thought that "handle" was more specifically used for the username that you use for everything...or mostly everything. Could be wrong. Probably am :p
  15. Vincent Liu

I always thought "handle" was the part of your email before the '@'.
  16. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

Profile pictures have had different names too. Icon or Avatar are some of the two.
  17. Mo Frackle

I'm guessing they like clean litter boxes.
  18. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-------------
    A "handle" is for CB radio (does that still exist?).

Cats also use their litterbox if you are in the same room and eating something. I gather it's a territorial thing at that point.

Chicken Little...or perhaps Henny Penny. I think for a funeral Penny would be more apropo.

Newbies are just shy. If they read enough posts, they'll either join in...or flee shrieking dire prophecies about undead werewolf Snowths, or something...

People have become umbilically attached to their cell phones. Though I thought Steve King's book "Cell" milked the idea of cell-phone-zombie-virus for waaaay more than it was worth, the basic concept is still funny.

Question: at what point does a story cross the line from dark fantasy to paranormal romance? I'm not talking full-on Harlequin gushing, just trying to find my way around the territory without becoming passe'...
    -----------------
  19. Mo Frackle

When it's made into a movie. Or copied/ripped off.
  20. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

LOL. And I wasn't even thinking about "50 shades of crap"! :news:
    ---------------