Questions about anything

mo

Reaction score
Because he's psychotic. Think about it, any normal kid around 11-13(Which I'm assuming he is) talking to his stuffed bear with no pants, a hyper tiger, a rabbit with OCD, an owl who won't shut up, and a suicidal donkey would be put into therapy or something.

Daniel
woah! that sounds like a fairly good description of me.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I was going to go with a bit simpler "its all in his head," but that description works too :stick_out_tongue:

Reactions: mo

Misskermie

Reaction score
Coddleston, coddleston, coddleston pie, :sympathy:

Why does a chicken? :cluck:

I don't know why. :confused:

LOL, You can answer that, because I really don't know, but seriously, real question.:smile:

Why is all the new age music either violent, and disgusting, or it just sounds the same? Or at least most of it.

Reactions: mo

Hubert

Reaction score
Why is all the new age music either violent, and disgusting, or it just sounds the same? Or at least most of it.
In this day in age, the more violent and even inappropriate music is, the better it sells. It's sad. It even goes for television and movies. R-rated movies sell better than PG-rated ones. And that's a good bit of the reason of why the world, and especially younger generations, have become a lot worse, swearing and violence and all kind of stuff.

And I think we're getting to the point where this type of music sells so much that people are forgetting how to produce good quality music. And the ones who do often are overshadowed by the other ones.

Vincent L

Reaction score
New age music is violent? I thought it was supposed to be relaxing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
In this day in age, the more violent and even inappropriate music is, the better it sells. It's sad. It even goes for television and movies. R-rated movies sell better than PG-rated ones. And that's a good bit of the reason of why the world, and especially younger generations, have become a lot worse, swearing and violence and all kind of stuff.
Not quite.

PG-13 sells the most, and most conceptual R-rated movies are hacked down to get a PG-13 rating (like Suckerpunch or the last Die Hard movie) so teenagers can see it. Often times, these do ruin the movies, and they just get an unrated when they hit DVD.

But like I said, most PG movies are basically G movies with an edgy marketing spin. There is nothing PG about Madagascar 3, even cutting out an extremely mild "profanity" in their version "New York, New York, it's a HECK of a town." The only thing that made me cringe in that entire movie. However, Pirates: Band of Misfits, Rango, the Shrek franchise and The Incredibles are worthy of a rating due to cussing (OOOh, Rango had a lot of cussing) and Incredibles' extreme darkness of having death played off as a joke ("No capes, dahlink"). But half the PG movies I see are G. "rude humor" shouldn't be the reason a movie gets a PG... and less and less films I see, thankfully, have rude humor.

And I think we're getting to the point where this type of music sells so much that people are forgetting how to produce good quality music. And the ones who do often are overshadowed by the other ones.
Music tastes are relative. There is a LOT of common ground of what's terrible (mostly poorly written dance music, corporate hip hop... stuff like that)... but everything else is equal to taste.

We'll never see bands like The Beatles again, and we have to accept that. When something ground breaking shows up, it basically means there's less ground to break for the next guy. Look at (and I have to use a non-musical example) Batman TAS. For the longest time, there was no physical fighting or even dark imagery in comic book based cartoons. But once that show came out, no one felt The batman or Brave and the Bold special, even though they're just as violent and can be very dark. Show either of those in the 1970's, when all they had was Superfriends, and they'd be called vile, nasty, and disturbingly violent. Now, everything's on the table and it's not impressive.

Same deal with music. Some band comes up with some amazing artistic, experimental music, and they're just accused of copying the Beatles. They make regular music, and they're not as good as the Beatles.

But again, tastes. There was a big movement in the 70's about singer/songwriter music. And while I have nothing but respect for that, and the fact I like Paul Simon, I actually can't STAND most of that music.

Hubert

Reaction score
Not quite.

PG-13 sells the most, and most conceptual R-rated movies are hacked down to get a PG-13 rating (like Suckerpunch or the last Die Hard movie) so teenagers can see it. Often times, these do ruin the movies, and they just get an unrated when they hit DVD.

But like I said, most PG movies are basically G movies with an edgy marketing spin. There is nothing PG about Madagascar 3, even cutting out an extremely mild "profanity" in their version "New York, New York, it's a HECK of a town." The only thing that made me cringe in that entire movie. However, Pirates: Band of Misfits, Rango, the Shrek franchise and The Incredibles are worthy of a rating due to cussing (OOOh, Rango had a lot of cussing) and Incredibles' extreme darkness of having death played off as a joke ("No capes, dahlink"). But half the PG movies I see are G. "rude humor" shouldn't be the reason a movie gets a PG... and less and less films I see, thankfully, have rude humor.
Erm...I wasn't really talking about different ratings...my point was that the closer to an adult movie it is, the better it sells. Fun, family friendly movies don't tend to do as well.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Um...there has always been violent music. Its not a new trend. I happen to listen to "violent" music. Listen to the Offspring's first album, which came out in 89 better yet, listen to the Ramone's first album, which came out in 76. Or the Sex Pistols, 77.

I could fall asleep listening to Ozzy Osbourne's No More Tears...

I'd say the Offspring's Beheaded and Jennifer Lost the War are about as violent as you can get...maybe that song People Who Died by some guy who I can't remember.

Hubert

Reaction score
I believe what we're saying is that it seems that as time goes on, more and more of it is becoming more and more abundant and popular.