Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
They both were great. As I said, in addition to talking about his role as Gordon, I told Roscoe about how much I enjoyed his guest appearance as a bank robber on SANFORD AND SON, which he said was a lot of fun to do because of how funny Redd Foxx was on and off camera. And again, Bob was particularly conversive, sharing a lot of wonderful anecdotes about the musical aspect on SS with Joe Raposo and Jeff Moss's wonderful songs and music, and he also had a number of different CDs you could purchase (he even offered to autograph the one I bought for free.

If you ever get the opportunity, you will not be disappointed. I'm sure KarWash would love to meet his man Alan. :wink: :stick_out_tongue: :wink:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I got to meet Bob several times at Sesame Place in 2006. He performed a couple mini-concerts at the pavilion. The attendance was a little underwhelming too. His biggest fans were people my age, as opposed to most of the kids and toddlers there, who didn't know Bob McGrath from Adam, and were disappointed Elmo was nowhere to be found.
After his show, he had a block of time to sign autographs, pose for selfies (is it really a selfie if there's more than one person in the picture?) before he was scheduled to ride on a float in the parade.
A few came up for meet and greets, I was the last in line, so we had a good ten minutes to shoot the breeze. No crowds, no lines, just me and him. That time was absolute gold.

He had a few memories of Joe Raposo, Jim Henson, etc. He was 74 then, his memory was still sharp as a tack.
Somehow he ended up singing a snatch of an obscure song from the early days "Don't You Know You're Beautiful", and we sang afew bars in harmony together. Dynamite. From one Irish tenor to another.

And for those who care to know, his favorite Sesame Muppet is Oscar.

After our marathon visit, we saw him riding on his parade float waving, grinning.

Bumped into him again later that day. In the men's room!
" We gotta stop meeting like this," I said. "People might talk".
Big Bob grin.

I've been fortunate enough to live where Sesame sightings were frequent, and I met my share of cast members, puppeteers, etc.
Besides Carroll, Bob tops the list.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As I said, I'm just glad I had the opportunity to meet Caroll, even if he wasn't in the best of shape, and Debbie had to finish a lot of his questions, or his chaperones had to help him with signing my book, just the fact I got to speak to him and tell him what an inspiration he's been to me as a puppeteer was the highlight of my day at the con. Meeting him was a bucket list item for me.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Man, you guys are lucky you even get to meet famous people. The last famous person I ever met was Barry Sanders, and that was like 5 years ago.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I honestly have no idea what this is from, but does anyone else besides me think this animation looks suspiciously an awful lot like that awful Felix the Cat movie?

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
What disturbs me is that the channel that uploaded that video is a damsel in distress fetish channel. I looked at their channel and all of their videos are clips of animated girls getting kidnapped and tied up. Kinda creepy if you ask me.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That probably explains why it popped up as a recommended channel while watching clips from OLIVER & COMPANY.