Questions about anything

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
there is a server security level where you need to have a phone number attached to your discord...but that seems a bit extreme if they have that as the security...

gravy

Reaction score
Nope. We don't have that kind of thing. The reason Any couldn't speak for a while is because they weren't verified as a member. Once we see you join we add a role called ''Member'' and then you can speak in all channels.

Oh great...... :rolleyes:
Don't worry, it's fixed!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
interesting...set up choice...

far be it from me to tell you how to run the server but some kind of note of that might be useful to prevent confusion. like a welcome page or something

Old Thunder

Reaction score
there is a server security level where you need to have a phone number attached to your discord...but that seems a bit extreme if they have that as the security...
I didn't use that, no clue what you're seeing....

Old Thunder

Reaction score
interesting...set up choice...

far be it from me to tell you how to run the server but some kind of note of that might be useful to prevent confusion. like a welcome page or something
Discord runs kinda differently than a forum, our welcome messages would be swept away fast. The only reason we've implemented this process is simply because we don't want some banned members to sneak back in through a loophole and cause, er, 'discord' in the Discord.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I didn't use that, no clue what you're seeing....
i'm not on the server. I was taking a guess.
Discord runs kinda differently than a forum, our welcome messages would be swept away fast. The only reason we've implemented this process is simply because we don't want some banned members to sneak back in through a loophole and cause, er, 'discord' in the Discord.
uh. I've owned several discord servers. what i said is indeed possible.

All you need to do is create a channel that only admins can post to, and make a post explaining the rules and whatnot. There's also the pinned message option, which is an icon that looks like a pushpin where you can click it to see any important 'pinned' messages regardless of how old they are.