Questions we may never know the answer

Andy

Reaction score
MY unsolved mysteries involve the ever-popular beginning/end films, specifically:

How long did it actually take to film them, since they had to be actually filmed in real time, then sped up in post edit?

Did Jim Henson direct them, or did Frank Oz?

Did the man eating the hot dog have to eat more than one? (a follow-up to the first question)

Where, in fact, were they filmed?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I don't understand your 1st and 3rd questions. Obviously they sped of the films on all of them and why would you think the man need to eat more than 1 hot dog?

ISNorden

Reaction score
I actually like the "Sesame Moments" bits at the beginning of the Season 35 shows. Seeing Kermit on the street again, even for a few seconds, is good for an AWWW! or two; mind you, he wasn't even my favorite character when I watched in kindergarten. If Sesame Workshop needs to show copyright credits and viewers-turned-famous just to replay a vintage clip...then I say "Bring 'em on!" The Workshop deserves some special honor for acknowledging the grown-up fans along with the pre-K ones.

Andy

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
I don't understand your 1st and 3rd questions. Obviously they sped of the films on all of them and why would you think the man need to eat more than 1 hot dog?
What I MEANT was, did they get these on the first take? Things CAN go wrong when you film, you know. Did they have to go back and try it the next day, next week?:smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I never caught that in "The Street We Live On." I saw Herry in the Monster Parade but that was it. Are you sure you're not thinking of Telly? Just wondering.

No, Herry was definitely there. He was sitting on the stoop with Bert and Ernie. Telly was on the side of the stoop rail with Baby Bear and Big Bird.

fauby

Reaction score
What is the "Monster Parade" a few posts mention? That sounds interesting to me!

Reaction score
I learned that the segments with the falling baker were created for "Sesame" by Jim Henson, that his son Brian was the kid who sang the song of "whatever was the number of the day," and that Jim performed the voice of the baker. But who was the actor who took all those falls?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
There were a bunch of kids who sang on those films. Where did you hear that Jim was only doing the voice of the baker and somebody else was performing him. I doubt that.

Reaction score
One page in "Sesame Street Unpaved" includes still shots from the #10 "Baker" segment. The caption for the baker's near-end line reads, "Baker (Jim Henson's voice): Ten... Layer... Cakes!" It was also explained that Jim's son, Brian, was the "little boy who counted in some 'Baker' inserts.

Soul H

Reaction score
Here is a question that's pondering me:

In some Sesame Street albums and books, we see Little Jerry with a guitar. But did Little Jerry ever play the guitar on the show?