Ray Charles dies at 73

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
:cool: I've always enjoyed Ray Charles' music. 'Georgia on my mind' was the best!
I remember him doing stuff with the muppets when I was a kid.
The muppet always introduced me to some great entertainers!!
And I always loved his commercials too! Those were fun!!
Pepsi and the car commercial...was it volkswagon?? hee hee...:wink:

Sigh, it be a sad week. But I love the coverage, very beautiful.
They've put together highlights of Reagan and Ray,
with Ray singing "America the Beautiful"
It warms the heart as it brings on a tear.:cry:
Many thanks to Ray Charles, for sharing his heavenly voice. He shall be missed.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Victoria said:
I have him on tape singing the ABC's. :smile: :sympathy: :sympathy:
Me too. Boy, it's hard for me to believe that he died, I enjoy hearing "Georgia on my Mind" and "Hit the Road Jack" on the radio. Well, at least he has perfect vision now.

salemfan

Reaction score
Yes, I've seen the segment of various guest stars singing the ABC song. Ray Charles was at the beginning of the segment, and other now-dead guest stars in that segment were Michael Jeter, and Lamb Chop's performer, Shari Lewis(Lamb Chop appeared in that segment).

Hays

Reaction score
Isn't it amazing that Sesame Street has had such an impact for over 30 years that virtually everyone who made a major contribution has their own classic SS skit? Almost all the TV life retrospectives inevitably follow a star's passing include their clip. What a terrific way to be remembered!

Goodbye, Ray! :wink:

janicegroupie

Reaction score
My main exposure to Ray Charles has been the Muppets and just seeing him on that has made me love him. He is so incredibly talented. I love it when he sings Bein' Green. I've never heard another artist put as much feeling into that song as he does. Ray Charles will be greatly missed by all.

Muppet Crypts

Reaction score
he was one of the greatest songwriters of all time he linked at least 6 diffrent musical styles together in his time Goodbye Ray :halo:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Another appearance by Ray Charles on Sesame Street was on the "20 and Still Counting" special, where Ray was on the piano singing "Bein' Green" and some monsters joined him later. Kermit did not appear.

I do remember Ray very well though. I especially liked his Pepsi commercials.

dbarrie

Reaction score
Dantecat,

Is Powerball the name of a lottery company? I don't think those commercials ever aired here. The commercials I remember seeing and enjoying were the ones for Diet Pepsi. They even got me drinking Diet Pepsi for a while. I've also seen the ones he did for rival Coca-Cola that originally aired in the '60s.

OI MuppetFan

Dantecat said:
I liked his Powerball Commercials.