Reading Between The Lines Way Too Much

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Well, opposites attract, right? And the reason that we get such a kick out of the frog and pig is that they complement each other very well. Piggy is street-wise, but gullible in areas of the heart. Kermit is more centered and realistic, but not so savvy when it comes to the harsh realities of the entertainment world. They play well together, and bring out some of the best in each other. There is a quote about Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire that is very appropos: He gives her class--she gives him sex appeal.
If you look at the movies that were successful (hint, hint), they were all love stories. Specifically, they were frog-meets-pig romances. The other movies, while enjoyable, were more scattershot it their appeal. Why it has taken so long to NOTICE and ACKNOWLEDGE this, I have no clue.
Look at ANY interview. Viewers want to know what's going on with the romance of the century. Any time Piggy's on--they ask about Kermit. ANy time Kermit's on, they ask about Piggy. Here's another hint: We like to see them together, too.
If a frog and a pig can sustain an affectionate (if somewhat bumpy) relationship with each other for lo! these many years, then I think everyone feels a little more hopeful about their chances of finding someone that loves them like that--loves them in a whole-hearted, epic sort of way.
(steps carefully down of soap box and shoos away the um-pah-pah band that has gathered)

evilhopscotch

Reaction score
GuyGadoir said:
I must really atone for this post before anybody reads on.
This is just the "workings of a lonely mind", to borrow a phrase from poor Marlin of Fraggle Rock.
But in the Muppet Show and some Muppet movies: The Great Muppet Caper, The Muppets Take Manhattan, I can see the hint of a love triangle among Kermit, Piggy and Fozzie! It seems to me like Fozzie is always angling for Kermit's attentions, competing against Piggy.
And the cave scene in The Muppets Take Manhattan was the icing on the cake! Fozzie seems so uncomfortable with himself when Kermit isn't around!
Poor guy. Sorry, sorry, sorry Fozzie!

Also, I think Dr. Honeydew should have had a love interest called Florence Canteloupe.

I hate being a n00b. I have no idea who Florence Canteloupe is. *goes off to MuppetWiki*

And everyone else has said my opinion on this far more eloquently. It's not technically a love triangle, because poor Fozzie just wants to be with his best friend, and Miss Piggy is, bless her heart, an over-bearing attention-addicted pig.

I love her, just so you know. She just acts like that.

Now, if there was to be a love triangle, wouldn't it be with Gonzo? During at LEAST the first season of the muppet show, he expressed feelings for miss piggy. I know I know, he's with Camilla in each and every movie (Hey, where was Camilla in Muppets from Space? it's been a while since I've seen it, but I don't remember her being there at ALL!!), but there's enough evidence to say that he did indeed love Miss Piggy for a while. That's more evidence than we have for any sort of romantic feelings between the frog and the bear. I have nothing against slash or slash pairings, but those two......eh, no.

On a totally different note, when the heck are Floyd and Janice gonna get married? come on, it's been way too long. Get it together Floyd :sing:

GuyGadoir

Reaction score
evilhopscotch said:
I hate being a n00b. I have no idea who Florence Canteloupe is.
(I thought I made that up!!! sorries)

I'm very interested in all of your comments regarding Miss Piggy Lee's pathos. She is so deep, and not just another pretty face. Run for president Miss Piggy. Look at what happened in 1968, a very prominent candidate was Pigasus (and the winner of the election, Richard Nixon, was also a bit of a pig).

GO PIGGY!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
If Piggy's going to run for anything, she'll run after her frog! You go, girl!