1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

RED ALERT! "The Muppets" fans need to contact ABC **NOW**!!

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by dwmckim, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. SnakeLipsXD

SnakeLipsXD Active Member

Good one. XD
    It would be nice (even so lol) to see Frank Oz and Kevin Clash make a come back on The Muppets. :)
    Maybe it would be a good joke to have Gonzo try to get in on writing for Frank next movie lol! XD

scooterfan360 likes this.
  2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

It could also be pretty cool for Joey Mazzarino to be on the show, since he's no longer working on Sesame Street.

SnakeLipsXD likes this.
  3. SnakeLipsXD

Yeah. :)
    And maybe it might be a good idea to have these on as Guest Stars - you know, and have funny moments like Walter asking them (Clash and Mazzarino) how to get to Sesame Street; and have Gonzo or Kermit hearing Oz's voice and saying that they recognize him from somewhere, but they don't know where lol. XD

4. RealWonderman

RealWonderman Active Member

I had a Twitter conversation with Kristin Newman @TheOtherKrisrin. She said that we probably won't know until May...BUT for sure not cancelled yet! KEEP UP THE #renewTheMuppets activity!!

MikaelaMuppet, Muppy and SnakeLipsXD like this.
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

At this point, I can get the whole mulling it over if they're going to renew it or not, but if they just want to junk the show for another lame sitcom with a former Friends cast member (which is totally what we'll get) I'd rather them have the guts to come out and say it now instead of having us wait for the other shoe to drop. That's pretty much stringing us along at this point.

Then we have the confirmed Muppet Courtyard in one of the Disney parks and the Disney store restocked Muppet toys from the first movie. They're sending mixed messages and I don't care for that.

6. SnakeLipsXD

Muppets Courtyard? Is that the fountain-thing in WDW Florida?

7. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Yes.

SnakeLipsXD likes this.
  8. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

You know we're getting close to May, the Muppets courtyard thing has given be a sliver more hope, but we just have to wait and see what happens to the show.

9. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Active Member

I just wrote ABC for the second time and told them that I loved the Muppets and it is one of there best shows and please bring back the Muppets I also put In a good word for another of my favorite shows Agent Carter ....

what is this Muppets Courtyard thing ?

10. SnakeLipsXD

It's a fountain display in WDW Florida - my mum's been there a couple of times and she's seen it near the MuppetVision 3D show. :)

11. I already sent a shout-out on my Tumblr blog "Oncie's Gal", a tribute to the 2012 Once-ler from the Lorax, which starred Ed Helms, who was a guest star on The Muppets' Season 1. Yeah, I totally have feelings for this guy, so no judgement? Maybe I'll tweet to ABC if they are renewing the Muppets or not. Or message them on Facebook. Either way, we ALL gotta SAVE THIS SHOW!

So who's with me?

12. scooterfan360

scooterfan360 Well-Known Member

I am :).

MikaelaMuppet and MuppetMan28 like this.
  13. MuppetMan28

MuppetMan28 Member

Me too! ;). Let's Go!

MikaelaMuppet and scooterfan360 like this.
  14. SnakeLipsXD

Yeah! :) #RenewTheMuppets!

15. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

We should hear about the fate of the show in early May, I'm really hoping it manages to pull a Galavant and get a second season despite low ratings.

16. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

Haha oh man. What I wouldn't give to see / hear Frank performing Sam the Eagle again. Eric's great, don't get me wrong, but Frank was just SO brilliant as Sam, it's hard to top.

Has there been any word on this show getting a Blu-ray / DVD release? Maybe they're waiting to see if it gets renewed for season 2, but I'd love to have season 1.

Muppy and SnakeLipsXD like this.
  17. Muppetboy09

Muppetboy09 Well-Known Member

Guys, it looks like we are getting a season 2!!!

MikaelaMuppet and SnakeLipsXD like this.
  18. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

Why

19. MuppetMan28

MuppetMan28 Member

20. terrimonster

terrimonster Active Member

It's not definite, but there is this article in Variety* which says, "Meanwhile, 'The Muppets' is primed for a renewal, despite ratings that continued to sag after a midseason showrunner change. Though execs have been 50/50 on bringing back the furry friends in recent months, sources say to expect another season."

*It looks like the same article is in other places, too. I'm guessing this is the original, as it lists authors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.