Red Sox play the Yankees Tonight

King Jim

Reaction score
Tonight, the Red Sox v.s. Yankees. Who do you think will win?

Who do you want to win?

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Red Sox are fighting back, hoorah, hoorah! Too bad they still need to win two more. The Astros are looking good in the NL, too. Go Red Sox, Go Astros!

ceecee

Reaction score
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! :smile:
Go Red Sox!!!!!!!
and Astros, but I'm not as concerned about that one.

I just want the Yankees out.

Beebers

Reaction score
GO SOX, ****IT.

Egads I love 'em, but it sure would be nice if they'd go all the way for once.

I too, want the Yankees out. They're just a machine nowadays. It's like the Williams sisters in women's tennis - they took all the thrill out of the game because they play like machines and you know who's going to win so why bother.

:grouchy: :grouchy: :grouchy:

ceecee

Reaction score
Beebers said:
I too, want the Yankees out. They're just a machine nowadays. It's like the Williams sisters in women's tennis - they took all the thrill out of the game because they play like machines and you know who's going to win so why bother.
It's also like Ken Jennings on "Jeopardy!" :sleep:

Beebers

Reaction score
ceecee said:
It's also like Ken Jennings on "Jeopardy!"
Right, strange guy, to have all that stuff sitting around in his head. Thank God he went on Jeopardy and got it all out before his head exploded. Strange but cool. I guess. *squirms a little*

I've spent my entire life in Red Sox Country and they've always been my team. You DO NOT wear a Yankees cap in this neck of the woods, (both Mass. and Conn.), you will be spoken with lol. True! GoGoGo Sox.

:smile: :smile: :smile:

McFraggle

Reaction score
Red Sox! :excited: Oh well, if they win tonight, I figure that they'll find a way to lose it in the last play of Game 7.

Beebers

Reaction score
Now now.

We're insane right now around here. I was talking to a checkout kid in a store tonight (kid, 28 maybe), all anybody can talk about is the Sox (a ****uva NICE CHANGE from the election, the wars, politics and ******* terrorists) and we were fantasizing about a Sox World Series win. I said, Can you imagine, and he said, eyes alight, Oh, man, they'd burn Boston down right down if that happens. From sheer insane joy.

:big_grin:

Just our sense of humor and life out here. Gogogosoxsoxsoxsox omg.

:excited: :excited:

You know, I'd like to add, without wanting at all to muffin this thread, I do not - we out here haven't had a ton of stuff to celebrate since 9/11. That was in our back yard, in our homes, in our friends, and in our families. We've been holding our collective breath since that day, waiting for the next one. That's the truth, and the reality. We're all pretty extra-emotional these days and have been for three years, even though we are from New England and so don't say too much about it generally, because that's how we are. God bless the Red Sox for always giving us something to cheer about, win or lose.

Whatever

Reaction score
Beebers said:
Now now.

We're insane right now around here. I was talking to a checkout kid in a store tonight (kid, 28 maybe), all anybody can talk about is the Sox (a ****uva NICE CHANGE from the election, the wars, politics and ******* terrorists) and we were fantasizing about a Sox World Series win. I said, Can you imagine, and he said, eyes alight, Oh, man, they'd burn Boston down right down if that happens.

:big_grin:

Just our sense of humor and life out here. Gogogosoxsoxsoxsox omg.
LOL! I know what you mean about a change from politics.

My art history prof and I are sending German e-mails back andd forth, I love it. :big_grin: