Red Sox play the Yankees Tonight

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Good World series would be Boston vs. Houston. That's if the Astros beat the bloody Cardies tonight!

ryan

King Jim

Reaction score
Break the Curse, Break it.

Is the curse reversed?

Beebers

Reaction score
bobhopesite said:
Break the Curse, Break it.

Is the curse reversed?

SSSOOOXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

OH MY GOD.

Muley just sprang us all, half of Massachusetts ended up in jail for celebrating last night, won't say if I was among them lol.

How sweet it is. Out here, this is as good as the Series for us. THIS was what we've been looking for. We are out of our minds joyous. And yes, the Curse is broken at last. The Curse began in 1919 when the Sox sold Babe Ruth to the Yankees, the rest being history. It's the most intense and legendary rivalry in all sports, not just in baseball. Most sportswriters are saying the Series will be anticlimactic after this.
And the Sox were very, very gracious winners last night. Joe Torre in interviews would not even congratulate them nor wish them luck. Sore, sore losers they are; that's one part of why people don't like the Yankees.
Happy days, happy days, no one here can talk about anything else.

:excited: :excited: :excited:

Whatever

Reaction score
Glad you're happy. :smile:

Kevin, why are you letting a seven year old mule tour the country on his own? Isn't that illegal?

McFraggle

Reaction score
Red Sox vs. Cardinals.

This could get interesting. :smile:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Again I say, that the Sox is my team, if they can break their curse, then maybe the Cubbies can break theirs. The Cubs curse began when Wrigley officials wouldn't let a man with a billy goat into the stadium during the 1945 Series. He said in no uncertain terms that the Cubs would never win the Series again...ever. The dread "Curse of the Billy Goat" WILL be broken next year and you Cards fans will have nothing to do about it.

BJ

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Hey Beebers,
Wouldn't the curse be broken after the Sox win the WS? Because didn't they make it in '86 but lost to the Mets because of, umm, (coughs slightly) you know...that guy. He who must not be named because he let a ball get between his legs. There's a town here in Missouri where my uncle lives called Buckner. My uncle's name is not Bill. But that's beside the point. If the curse is broken when the Red Sox become AL champs, then hasn't it been broken for 18 years? I'm just curious. Either way, this is going to be a great World Series.

Beebers

Reaction score
We do not mention Bill B******'s name in these parts. Ahem.

Anyways. The Curse is specific to the Sox/Yankees, it didn't apply to any other matches with other teams. Notice I now employ the PAST TENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A lot of New Yorkers believed in it fervently over the years and are lamenting its demise. The Curse was also a General Curse involving any do-or-die meetup between the Yanks/Sox and not limited to Series games.
A New York City sportswriter, of all people, wrote that he found it a treat to see "the pin-striped crewcut Yankees beaten fair and square by a bunch of bearded longhairs from Boston." LOL.
In any event, my best wishes to the Cards and their fans as well. Both teams richly earned this and it'll be a fine Series either way.

:excited: :excited: :excited:

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Aha. Thanks for clearing that up. So the curse is officially lifted (and BTW, I actually caught something online...a grassroots effort to invite Bill B****** back to Boston now that the curse is lifted. Apparently some Bostonians forgive him?). Good thing we have long-hairs to save us from those crew-cut jerks. Bring on the World Series!